Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 05:40:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The brit buff list  (Read 20630 times)
SyKoFanTlvl2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 02:26:50 pm »

first of all, i never thought u bough button as an extra, did tho think it was 100 muni for the bren. The muni cost on the other units does not excuse a bren being to cheap, thats just silly talk, and now knowing that you only pay 15 extra muni for the button, i am definitely voting cost-buff on bren, maybe cost-reduction on rifle nades
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:15:53 pm by SyKoFanTlvl2 » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 03:04:32 pm »

It's about as good as an LMG on an EQUAL unit(to be supperior you need a captain/LT).

tommis have 325 health with soldier armor that is definitely superior to a 320HP gren squad with infantry armor

And yeah, the rifle nade isn't all that powerful to be considered equal to a KCH squad(by muni cost), but it does have rifle smoke...

a riflenadesquad wins 1v1 easy against a FG42 fallschirmsquad...maybe even against 2 FG42 fallschirmsquads

on top of that it can fire over almost everything and can do damage without being able to be hit
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 08:17:13 pm »

tommis have 325 health with soldier armor that is definitely superior to a 320HP gren squad with infantry armor

Except they're not.   Grenadiers with a single LMG will do 6.56dps with all weapons to infantry soldier armor at long range, 28.68 at short range.

Tommies with a pair of bren guns will do 6.51dps to infantry armor at long range, and 25.89dps at short range.

Grenadiers outdamage the tommies by a small amount, the fight is practically dead even, with a small advantage to grenadiers.

a riflenadesquad wins 1v1 easy against a FG42 fallschirmsquad...maybe even against 2 FG42 fallschirmsquads

You're making shit up now.  Competently used a single FG42 squad will rape a rifle nade squad.  Riflenades are worthless in 1v1 combat.  They are only worthwhile in a giant blob of riflenades with a LT against a giant blob of enemy infantry, so the missed nades can actually hit stuff with scatter.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:23:26 pm by gamesguy1 » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »

I agree with some of this list too a extent. Brits need a slight buff so Allies can be even with axis. Don't even think about saying "itz evun nub you alliez jus cantz play right nubz" because you know axis have better units.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 09:15:46 am »

some of these points need to be changed:
Propose brit buffs here. Ability changes, price reductions. No nerf suggestions.

- Recon tommies: Reduce snipe cooldown by a slight amount
tommies are in general very strong, they dont need more free kills (lol free infantry kills-.-)

- 25 pounder: Slightly reduced set up time (5 s or so)
u just allowed to set it up 1(!) time, u wanna exploit?
- Normal churchill: Price decrease

- Normal churchill: accuracy increased versus infantry (especially in buildings)
just stop the church and it will kill them all
- Normal Churchill: Tank shock is free on this unit
lol u have to pay for every ability in EiRR
- Churchill crocodile: Starting availability set to 1
this is an infantry killer with heavy armour(no chance with schrecks and paks to kill it) it has to coast at least 2PP - its much more useful as a tiger ace
- Give the normal unupgraded bren carrier button as well (like in vanilla)
bren button is the most useful ability in the game atm, and u want to give it to unit which cost like...nothing?

- Reduce munitions cost of 17 pounder to 140 (Its not better than a PAK)
srsly its very strong and it does not take too long to set up

- Cromwell accuracy versus infantry needs to be looked at (especially inside buildings)
when this happens, brits have another infantry killer: supercrusher+increased acc  Shocked
- Firefly reduced to 11 pop (it cant handle anything but tanks from range and the reduced 3 pop will be used by a command tank like it SHOULD be)
its one of the best tank killers ingame, especially with a CCT which is so easy to get vet2 with it - and then it shoots like every 4 seconds!
- Reduce the cost of FFO artillery to 175 munitions (its not that good)
ok but increse the cost of creeping barrage!

- Reduce cost of stuart to 280 manpower
its still a tank with resistence against small arms

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 11:53:05 am »

1. Recon tommies are NOT very strong, and being able to snipe more often than every 5 minutes would doubtably break the game.

2. The list was written before the 25 pdr change(and it still has to set up to fire first).

3. Churchills are much much worse at hitting infantry than P4s are.

4. Tank shock is useless, however. You don't pay for every ability in EiRR(PIAT cloak for instance, smoke on rifle nades, etc.)

5. If you think a crocodile is more useful than a tiger ace LOL! What's even funnier is the fact you think it can't be killed by paks. It has pretty much the same armor and health as a Pershing.

6. I doubt 220 MP and 35 FU is "nothing" on a unit that can't do anything.

7. It's strong, but it takes forever to set up and to pack up. Mortar > 17 pdr any day(compared vs 57).

8. Cromwells can't crush for DAMN! They stop fully when crushing any infantry unit(use this to charge pios into charging cromwells so that your paks can shoot them up).

9. Exactly, it NEEDS a CCT to become effective. Without it it's just a sherman with upgun and more range.

10. Why? Creeping barrage isn't on a timer, and it rather sucks.

11. It's got only very basic resistance to small arms, dies to 2 shreks.

BigDick
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 12:40:37 pm »

1. Recon tommies are NOT very strong, and being able to snipe more often than every 5 minutes would doubtably break the game.

one snipe = 33% death squad of PE and when the squad should stay alive (and has to retreat at 1 men) one snipe = half of standard PE infantry has to be killed until squad is gone

3. Churchills are much much worse at hitting infantry than P4s are.

churchills have exactly the same accuracy to infantry like P4

and they have more health and an awesome armor

5. If you think a crocodile is more useful than a tiger ace LOL! What's even funnier is the fact you think it can't be killed by paks.

you cannot compare a churchill croc with a tiger...totally different uses
and actually a croc has an insane flame range (much more then the animation) and pak38 are no danger for it

6. I doubt 220 MP and 35 FU is "nothing" on a unit that can't do anything.

it is some kind of mobile hmg and a good platform to buff your piat sappers
i wouldnt call this no usage
what do you expect? a vehicle that completely neutralize tanks, can carry infantry, mobile mg..for almost free?

7. It's strong, but it takes forever to set up and to pack up. Mortar > 17 pdr any day(compared vs 57).

actually since emplacements get full health back after repositioning, you use them wrong when you loose them often to mortar

8. Cromwells can't crush for DAMN! They stop fully when crushing any infantry unit(use this to charge pios into charging cromwells so that your paks can shoot them up).

lol? are you kidding me...then can crush very easy

and actually you crushed a bunch of units from me with cromwells in a game

so you have to know that they can...

so stop talking bullshit

9. Exactly, it NEEDS a CCT to become effective. Without it it's just a sherman with upgun and more range.

stop spreading missinformations

actually the firefly has much better AT capabilities than an upgun
43% more damage
38% more range
100-200% more penetration to almost every axis tank

so stop writing wrong informations

11. It's got only very basic resistance to small arms, dies to 2 shreks.

since when a schreck is small arms fire man? omg
Wolster1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 12:53:30 pm »

Id love one of these Axis fanboys to actually contibute some buffs to the Brits vs shoot down in flames others suggestions (& lets face it thats all they are), + id love to see Wher as the underdogs for a couple of months & read all the whine threads we would have then.

Or are the Axis fanboys actually suggesting that Brits are in sumway = to Wher at present - obvious silly talk.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:55 pm »

1. Pzgrens are not exactly on par with any other infantry in the game, so comparing them with recon tommies is absolutely invalid. Noone brings on Pzgrens at 3 men, because you'd be floating around 2k manpower without buying the extra man.
3. You forget such things like splash damage and the units you shoot at - grenadiers love to actualy survive a churchil shot. If a rifleman squad "dodges" a P4 shot doesn't mean it won't do any damage. Dodging a churchil shot means taking no damage. Of course they have more armor and more health, but they pay for it in their price.
5. Aloha was the one who compared them, not me. What's the point in insane flame range if you... you know, can't even see the pak, albeit knowing it's position? Then there's the bug that sometimes occurs and paks don't take any flame damage from the front from churchcrocs. Paks almost always penetrate churchills, and their extremely low speed means the pak can easily get all three shots off at the churchill.
6. It is not a mobile HMG - it's a mobile LMG that has roughly 3 dps at long range(11 dps at short) and almost no suppresion(suppresing about as badly as a sapper squad). It is not a good boost to PIAT sappers because if a bren gun carrier is hit when there's units inside, the units take extra damage(one P4 shot will wipe out half a PIAT squad if it's in a bren). PIAT sappers are much better off on foot - they can at least cloak that way, and I don't need to pay popcap to keep a unit that's virtually useless on the field. Costing more than an IHT is hardly "virtualy nothing". Moving about only 25 percent faster than infantry while giving them insane vulnearability to anything, has virtualy no gun(will get outdamaged by pios at point blank, won't do anything noticeable at long), it would be nice if you got at least some incentive to buy it for the button.
7. Reposition an emplacement to get back it's structural health - sure, everyone does that. Resurrecting a dead guy from the first mortar shell is a different story.
8. I don't remember playing with you in the past millenia after we had our row, and certainly not in EiRR. Surely, I manage to crush enemy infantry with cromwells, but it is insanely hard, as they dodge them like no other tank, and the fact you slow down with the cromwell when crushing infantry really doesn't help at all. Take into account the croms .5 moving accuracy modifier, and you can't shoot shit at all if you're trying to crush.
9. You forget the longer reload time(without a CCT) than an upgun sherman, and the insanely lower anti-infantry capabilities. I did point out it has better range than an upgun, and agreeably better penetration. Yet again - you pay for all that in it's cost, no need to keep it in the popcap too.
11. I pointed out that it is not very small arms resistant at all, and added that it dies to 2(two) shrek shots. I did not state shreks are small arms(though it is manpacked).
Wolster1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 01:06:39 pm »

Axis fanboy reply - no point reading. Post title is how to buff Brits, not who is biggest fanboy Axis player.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 01:12:50 pm »

i think brits dont need all these buffs. they need some nerfs and some buffs but not that much.
mystalin stop spreading wrong information or learn to read out coh-stats.com stats...
BigDick
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 01:40:19 pm »

Axis fanboy reply - no point reading. Post title is how to buff Brits, not who is biggest fanboy Axis player.

wolster i always see you playing brits...

i think now we can all think about this  Roll Eyes

@mystalin

i refuse to discuss more with u and to point out every fail information again and again of your long nonsense postings

i showed you so many things that are obviously wrong in your replies

in your current it would be the firefly/sherman thing

a firefly has range modifiers to its reload time and if you make an averagage the firefly has an reloads at same as an upgunned sherman (firefly better at long range, sherman better at min range)

who ever say the firefly sucks should quit and play his compstomps on the sheldt

next point small arms damage to stuart...are you kidding me? try to kill a stuart with small arms from e.g. volksgrenadiers..it will take weeks

a kingtiger gets damage from small arms too so what?
but i don't waste my time longer in pointing out what is all wrong on your "facts"

there are several threads were everyone can read your rediculess "observations" of facts

it makes makes so much sense like proving someone that 1+1 is not 3 like he wrote and after that he says 2+2=3 and you start again and again
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:42:56 pm by BigDick » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 01:48:08 pm »

+1

i repeat:
i think brits dont need all these buffs. they need some nerfs and some buffs but not that much.
mystalin stop spreading wrong information or learn to read out coh-stats.com stats...
Wolster1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 04:00:38 pm »

Thats me done, the Fanboys win, back to Axis for me to grind some weak Brit players into the mud, i do like an easy win before bed time Smiley
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 04:12:58 pm »

lol.. just ignore them wolster, like everyone does.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 04:29:43 pm »

I think aloha and BigDick and all the fanboys should teach the devs how to balance the game. The mod really needs someone more experienced in balance like BigDick... Roll Eyes
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 06:22:04 pm »

We were thinking of asking them to write up 0.0.4 changelogs Smiley.
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 06:58:40 pm »

Until you saw that their changelog was too long? Pioneers with 80 health, free Assault on Volks, MG42 suppresses tanks?

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 08:32:26 pm »

"All hull and pintle mounted MG42s on German tanks now act as HMG42s"

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute....... Wink

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:36 pm »

Coax shoots lock on panzershreck shells.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc