Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:37:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arty Spam vs 1337 Micro w/ Write Up for "Preview"  (Read 8190 times)
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 10, 2009, 10:45:28 am »

Match Up

brn4meplz (Wehr)
ping36 (PE)

vs

Draken (Ami)
31stPzGren (Brit)

Link
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=488942

Highlights
- 2 Priests (arty spam as Ping put it)
- Tiger Start + Goliath charge
- Combined light artillery fire (Mortar + Mortar Halftrack)
- Multiple flanking
- Inexorable Advance by the Axis
- Extraordinary Sheer Luck

Write Up
The game started with me going first against brn4meplz. An earlier game with brn I met with a 2 stuh start, but I kept the same call in, thinking that it could go well so long as I ambushed properly. The game started with a bang, as brn4meplz surprised me with a Tiger start with grenadier, a flame pio and a shocking goliath rush which got me totally dumbfounded.

Played on with capping sporadically until reinforcements from draken could arrive, thereby calling in a Cromwell to assist. Fierce and furious fighting with myself taking heavy casualties while draken held the church in the middle. They quickly brought up paks, mgs and mortars and systematically chipped away at our defence.

Furious counter-attacks by myself was faced with deadly and precise counters, overlapping fields of MG fire constantly stalled and prevented any successful assaults.

Key highlights of the battle was, impeccable combined arms advance by the wehrmacht, with a few tactical flanks spotted by recon squads but only delayed the inevitable overrun. Locked down Marder destroyed by defensive artillery fire. Alternating Priest movement for maximum survivability, barely evading a tiger out for vengeance and certain destruction several times.

As the momentum of the axis assault builds up, allied forces were disgracefully forced to completely abandon and flee from the front lines against a strong blitz. Resistance crumbles as skirmishes broke up towards our side.

Last minute defensive measures were mounted. Hope seems bleak towards the mid to end game, as axis forces push the allies all the way to spawn! Can the beleaguered allied forces retake the map? Let alone fend off the merciless blitz?

Watch to find out the climatic end, as axis and allies forces at last, fight desperately at the church for a final grasp at victory!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:57:14 am »

Please, no...

I had many way better games. Like engies + sniper outmicroing bike.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:59 am »

soo...allies spammed arty and the axis spammed mortars? looks like a normal game...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:14:18 am »

Should have posted our game - that one was sheer fun!
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:55:25 am »

Keeps was not in this game lol hes been busy reranking himself to #1 american in the retail 1v1 ladder.. anyways lucky as always or retarded tiger pathing?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:32 pm »

Sloppy play on both sides, dual priests on the field = fail. Silly tiger micro, you can't blame everything on pathing Tongue.
Very lucky although if it wasn't for the dual priests putting the entire game on draken's shoulders the game would've been a lot easier for the allies. Only one of them really earned its cost back and thats mainly because it managed to kill 2 locked down marders.

I also doubt ping is IPFK, he's a pretty good player though.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 12:37:35 pm »

I said it was a bad game to replay, but if it makes him happy. Yeah the play was sloppy, except on their dodging Assault, that gets frustrating after awhile. A note on the Tiger micro, go into a match with a Tiger and try and use it. it does some fucked up shit, you'll be bitching about it inside of 30 seconds when your trying to turn around corners
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:41:26 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 01:14:10 pm »

Very lucky although if it wasn't for the dual priests putting the entire game on draken's shoulders the game would've been a lot easier for the allies.

I'm always not happy if my ally brings so much arty in 2v2 (on such big map especialy), I always asked 31st about priest cost, and how many kills he gets, that was my liittle suggestion that he should leave arty for somenone else, I think that he could use a firefly or extra shermans way better then these 2 priests.

Altrouhg I failed at this game e.g. sniper died so dumb... I think both sides were not playing at 100%.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 01:34:54 pm »

I was impressed of ping though, he also said it was not that good of a game so I'm curious to see him play his best.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 01:50:02 pm »

Keeps was not in this game lol hes been busy reranking himself to #1 american in the retail 1v1 ladder.. anyways lucky as always or retarded tiger pathing?

oh...i miss keeps...he was cool
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 07:24:47 pm »

Only one of them really earned its cost back and thats mainly because it managed to kill 2 locked down marders.

Actually... you are wrong. The the other Priest managed to kill a 2 Vetted Falls w/ FG42, a 3 man Gren squad w/ Shreck (which gave Draken a shrek), and quite a few other stuff. I've to rewatch it again to account for the cost fully but Priests used right are devastating. You need to also account for the "wasted" manpower trying to kill the Priest. It is similar to a sniper... the sniper kills more than it's worth, even if it only shoots less than 10 men, if the enemy wasted heavy resources trying to kill it, its still worth its cost.

You got to remember that artillery fire adds to the stress on the opposing players and limits the options of their movement. Placed properly you can prevent them from advancing etc. Therefore the Priests, both more than bought back their manpower's worth with their kills.

I'm post this game more for fun really, because I thought it was an amusing game. Anyway I thought it was IPFK as well because the the pre-game chat they mentioned IPFK.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 05:21:41 am »

You need to also account for the "wasted" manpower trying to kill the Priest
Except they never really hunted it, I don't think you can say that tiger really counted as 'trying to hunt down the priest'. It was just being rambo.

You put far too much strain on your teammate to keep your team in the game, other axis teams would have brutally annihilated you with such setup. Priests are generally also not the best artillery pieces, most games they'll have a far worse kill rate.

Oh btw, that goliath was great. Brit indirect fire blobs (rifle nades, piats) really doesn't have a solid counter to it. I wonder if you can button goliaths Cheesy. (You didnt have a bren though)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 05:59:19 am »

It wasn't being rambo, it was just avoiding stickies. With how retarded the Tiger was at the 17lbr a sticky would have had a huge chance of immobilization. I didn't want it to go out like that so all i could do was go forwrds. It just happend the priest was firing from the top of the road. I didn't expect to kill it, as I cannot chase it down with all the fucking stupid turns(fucking shit ass fuck stupid fucking nut hugging tiger pathing) hmm I feel strangely better

yeah you can button goliaths, if you can button Paks you can button Goliaths, lol
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 06:59:55 am »

It was just rambo tiger not pathfinding. I head much greater game yesterday. Which proved my unlimited luck. TA missed my sherman and hited my sniper, that's called Draken's luck!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 07:15:49 am »

Draken's luck is winning games that he should've lost.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:09 am »

Draken's luck is winning games that he should've lost.

I'm curious why are u not posting any games unknown? Maybe teams are to much one sided.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 12:09:06 pm »

I haven't been playing as many games as I used to. And in case you want to be a smartass, look into the forum history and take notice that I rarely post replays in the first place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc