Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:38:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 25 pounder doesnt get vet`  (Read 2863 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 10, 2009, 06:43:44 pm »

In my british company I have yet to see the 25 pounder gain any vet. I usually relocate it a lot to keep the enemy guessing as well as decreasing the recharge. I havent seen anywhere that this is a exploit, whats the word on this? Is the 25 crew veterancy borked? Dont you get any veterancy on it if you relocate?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »

Smokaz, atm I think the vet with emplacements is a bit weird.

If they move, the xp is reset to 0.  So, I think I might put something in the server that makes them revert to their last xp if the xp they have (when coming off) is lower.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:54:11 pm »

Actually... Moving a 25pounder so it resets faster is an exploit. 

Rember children..  Any game mechanic thats not intended and is used is an exploit.  Such as but not limited to, Fake smoke with Officers, IF smoke drops arty is being fired. 
Unfinished tank traps bclockign the maps of tanks,
Abilities from houses., 

Why is the 25 pounder and exploit....  And smokaz i you disagree, then you just should not be here. 

It is an exploit because of 1 simple reason.  IT has a recharge Timer.  IF its a recharge of 10 mins, thats how long it should be until the next shot.  IF you can somehow make it recharge in 2 mins, wouldn;t that not be fair?  So if the 25 pounder has whatever cool down, and you shorten it by 1 second, that is an exploit. 

And the only reason you said
I havent seen anywhere that this is a exploit
  IS because you know it is no matter how much you say " Its not listed on the fourms it must not be!!!!!. 

I am sick of this community not standing up and saying, This must be an exploit, it can;t be intende and makign a post, instead of just hording it for themselves and claiming ignorance.  You just admited to blatently exploiting in probly multiple games.... 

Ignorance is no excuse, use your head.  Amazing how you can find the " Tricks"  but not think hey... I should report them.....

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Benevolence Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »

About the abilites from buildings, what do you expect people to do? If they see a puma rush their HMG, they slam on the AP rounds, they don't just go "oh thats an exploit because if i do that it will recharge" and let it die.

What about moving a 25 pounder to a better location then? Is that an exploit because it resets its health? Or was the 25 pounder not actually intended to be moved?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:00:07 pm by Benevolence » Logged
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »

He's not talking about AP rounds from a HMG but using stickies/grenades etc from a building.

Puddin is also correct with artillery cooldowns. It's supposed to be every 10 minutes, you shouldn't redeploy it to shorten the timer.

Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 08:27:37 pm »

Actually... Moving a 25pounder so it resets faster is an exploit. 

Rember children..  Any game mechanic thats not intended and is used is an exploit.  Such as but not limited to, Fake smoke with Officers, IF smoke drops arty is being fired. 
Unfinished tank traps bclockign the maps of tanks,
Abilities from houses., 

Why is the 25 pounder and exploit....  And smokaz i you disagree, then you just should not be here. 

It is an exploit because of 1 simple reason.  IT has a recharge Timer.  IF its a recharge of 10 mins, thats how long it should be until the next shot.  IF you can somehow make it recharge in 2 mins, wouldn;t that not be fair?  So if the 25 pounder has whatever cool down, and you shorten it by 1 second, that is an exploit. 

And the only reason you said
I havent seen anywhere that this is a exploit
  IS because you know it is no matter how much you say " Its not listed on the fourms it must not be!!!!!. 

I am sick of this community not standing up and saying, This must be an exploit, it can;t be intende and makign a post, instead of just hording it for themselves and claiming ignorance.  You just admited to blatently exploiting in probly multiple games.... 

Ignorance is no excuse, use your head.  Amazing how you can find the " Tricks"  but not think hey... I should report them.....

How can you tell if their intended or not? I personally can't read minds, though perhaps some one else can enlighten me to the skill.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 09:30:27 pm »

He's not talking about AP rounds from a HMG but using stickies/grenades etc from a building.

Puddin is also correct with artillery cooldowns. It's supposed to be every 10 minutes, you shouldn't redeploy it to shorten the timer.

uhh...25lbr cooldown is only like 2 minutes.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 11:00:56 pm »

What?

Its every 2 minutes, moving it actually does not shorten the cooldown because it takes like 20 seconds to unpack the gun, then it you have to walk to the new location, and then start the sloooow build process that takes like a minute.

So in the end its not worth the extra effort just for the cooldown decrease.  It is however good for its survival since the 25lber has pathetic range.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:38:48 am »

Quote from: puddin

Pudding.. I reported this and the howitzer recrewing issue to eirrmod over PM in vent almost three weeks ago without getting a clear answer on it, and when I returned to a british company barely two days ago and experienced the xp bug I decided to ask the question again, in public..

Next time you try to fire up some impotent witch hunt try to ask some questions first yourself so you dont end up looking like a angry dumbo with ears flapping all over this thread.

And the 25 Pounder issue isnt even clear-cut.. what if a person legitimately redeploys it because the front line is being overrun, or there is another part of a big map that needs artillery support? Is he supposed to sit with a stopwatch or note down the time every time he redeploys?

As for cooldowns, do you guys who say it is "supposed" to be 10 minutes actually play EIRR anytime? No artillery ingame has a 10 minute recharge time, not even close. Did you "test" this? Actually why dont Puddin go "test" how much recharge time is saved by redeploying a 25 pounder? That way the timer can be adjusted from the current value to a new one to compensate until a mechanic arrives that solves the recrewing issues.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:10:30 am by Smokaz » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 04:58:45 am »

I usually relocate it a lot to keep the enemy guessing as well as decreasing the recharge.
I usually relocate it the moment it takes substantial damage, then you get full health back. I don't really feel okay with doing it, it's so cheap :/. Same for other emplacements, theoretically, on the condition that you do not get rushed by panzerschrecks, you should NEVER lose your emplacements.

This problem is inherent to the way it was coded so I don't think there would be any way to 'prevent' this from happening other than increasing the relocate timers on 25 pounders specifically.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:04:12 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:28:40 am »

If reload time was the same as time from clicking leave emplacement to squad ready to move + squad time to rebuild and reenter + give or take 10 seconds to give the squad some time to move, this wouldnt be a problem.

Relocating emplacements to gain health back is an exploit too? Damn, there wont be many brit players left when everyone is banned for that..
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 12:09:07 pm »

If reload time was the same as time from clicking leave emplacement to squad ready to move + squad time to rebuild and reenter + give or take 10 seconds to give the squad some time to move, this wouldnt be a problem.

Relocating emplacements to gain health back is an exploit too? Damn, there wont be many brit players left when everyone is banned for that..
Wrong, noone uses emplacements anyways.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 12:47:26 pm »

Its because the new maps doesnt support it, mostly. You should have seen my creeping sim city of doom on abbeville. Arty wiping out all the mortars, triages keeping everything healthy and 17 pounders completely negating any attempts at armor rushes. It was quite nasty.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 12:48:14 pm »

Probably incredibly boring as well.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 12:49:54 pm »

That game was fucking epic, and it's how Brits should be played without massive American support. It's a bit slow, but it's interesting in its own way if you give it a chance and do it "right".

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 01:00:12 pm »

Probably only interesting if you play on the british side, right? Tongue
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 07:39:59 pm »

Pretty much case and point why the british faction is terribly designed (by relic) and only increases the prevalence of artillery and assault weapons, while decreasing strategy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc