Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:22:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 14, 2024, 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Units with insanely stupid veterancy requirements that need to be lowered  (Read 6955 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 11, 2009, 01:26:36 pm »

You just dont see these unit with vet. Even if they did get it, they would probably still be murdered in some silly way the next game. All of these need their veterancy requirements lowered considering the pain and difficulty of vetting them up and their relative strength gained from vet. A scout car will not start roundhouse kicking pershings just because it gains some vet. ESPECIALLY since you have to pay PP for their vet now, the requirements should be a bit less insane.

Croc
Infantry halftracks
Scout car
Radio scout car
PIV support tank
Armored car (its not able to fight like it does in retail)
Stuarts
Bren carriers
Wehr halftracks (flammenwerfer and mght)
American halftracks (m3 and quad)
Jeeps
Bikes
Pios
Engineers
Bergetiger
Mg42 (might need a very small reduction as this unit is able to gain vet if you pull it off early enough)
30 cal
60mm american mortar
Commando mg and piat squad
M10
Normal Churchill
Wehr officer

Please buff pio veterancy so i can pio spam, oh and I dont think the wehrmacht mortar or MHT needs to be easier to vet up lol thats why they didnt make the list
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:30:21 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:27:53 pm »

I agree, especially light vehicles need MUCH better/easier vet tables - they're so hard to keep alive that they need that edge, even if it's only for a few games before it inevitably explodes again.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:29:30 pm »

I am in the process of working on the vet tables right now, actually.

Lots of changes coming soon!

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:36 pm »

The reason why the modifiers are borked is because we are no longer awarding 6xp to every unit after every game, this made a HUGE difference. Right now it's probably impossible to get units like the jeep to vet 3 as you'd have to kill quite a lot of infantry units and survive every game Tongue.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:44:27 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:43:54 pm »

Units not gaining auto-xp is fine in my opinion, I've grown to like it. It allows us to actually make design decisions to make weak/support units able to gain veterancy by their own accord. If they found a way to implement mines giving XP to the unit that deployed them as well as shared experience for some of the PE vehicles that cannot gain on their own (kettenkrad, vampire etc) it would be aweesooommeee
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:59:11 pm by Smokaz » Logged
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:46:26 pm »

I agree, I really like they way we've to fight for every bit of vet. I would like to see a "Survival" vet for non combatants that where called on the field and made it out.

Pwanawan baby!
wildfire444 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 01:46:35 pm »

getting/keeping vet2 or above rifles is extremely difficult unless you have a massive BAR attack and catch someone off guard...for multiple games in a row.

not tym
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 01:47:18 pm »

I have this thread up on my screen while working on vet, It is basically the same list I made before doing this as well Wink
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 01:51:30 pm »

cool, interested in what m10s will get... last 2 games i have single m10s get to vet 1 in the game.. only to loose them later in game because iam a dum dum.  both if alive would be vet 2 now.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 01:53:29 pm »

Thanks for picking that up, mgallun. The m10 definitely needs to be easier to vet up as well. I added it to the list. If anyone else thinks there are units that are missing from this list, please bring it on
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 01:54:00 pm »

I don't see why the PIV-S should have any lower vet requirement than other medium tanks, although medium tanks are probably slightly too difficult to vet up at the moment.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 01:56:43 pm »

The PIV is very similar to the croc. It gets in there, rapes some stuff and then dies. It might be differently designed, but it operates by the same concept. A pIV is easily negated by a lucky sticky or button and has to operate within the boundaries of those weapon ranges to be effective, and the croc has no skirts and short range (without cct)

I dont know about the P4 and the sherman, technically they should be easy to vet up if you know what you are doing.. ive never had a vet 3 sherman though but I have had several vet 3 p4's. And I've seen a total of one vet 3 sherman during all my games in eir/eirr
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:58:15 pm by Smokaz » Logged
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 02:02:17 pm »

ah didn't notice crocs were on the list

That's essentially a metagame problem, because of shreks, paks, panthers and tigers.

i've always thought shermans should be easier to vet than P4s... but I wasn't going to say it. Wink

kingterranes Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10:34 pm »

i want scout cars buffed with good vet bonuses
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 03:28:50 pm »

How about you add the Wehr. Officer to that list Smokaz, especially in his current form

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 03:53:26 pm »

I agree, especially light vehicles need MUCH better/easier vet tables - they're so hard to keep alive that they need that edge, even if it's only for a few games before it inevitably explodes again.

no one is so retarded to spent PP for vet into light vehicles like inf halftracks...
so all about vet1 doesn't matter

the problem about this units is surviveability so either repair rates or armour should be better
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »

On the flip-side, only very few units are commonly vetted up. The rest just don't. Those that vet up and are able to keep them typically are those with high killing power and durability(high hp or long range)

-Assault infantry (Rangers, KCH, Storms in particular. MP44 PZGs too fragile, AB RR doesn't kill as often now but you still see some vet).

-Sometimes Tommies and Grenadiers (rifles, volks, pzgs rarely)

-Mortars

-Most artillery units

-Wehrmacht heavy tanks

-Snipers

-Command units (LT, Captain, CCT cause they leech)

-ATGs (low vet requirements + high killing power)

As far as I see it, other than these units pretty much everything else either doesn't kill enough to get vet, or gets the vet but dies because of how they are best used (suicide unit).

Good to know Salan's working on it. Though, I thought PzJ was the one who was working the vet tables last I remember?
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 07:52:36 pm »

I would like to see a PzIVE with range bonus vet, nothing else, 10 range at vet2 and 10 range at vet3. Might actually make the unit decently useful. I'm going to spank you if I see it with a penetration buff. Or even make it have half the time to leave lockdown at vet2 and instant leave lockdown at vet3, that'd be cool too.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 08:16:03 pm »

A healing range boost on the Radio scout car would be nice. shared Exp from supervised units on the Wehr officer would also be nice. I think the P4 IST doesn't need range, or only a +5 to it, I know it has bad range but +20 isn't a good solution.

I don't think the armour on Light vehicles should be touched, not only does that involve changing every weapons target table but 3 IHT's for an opening call in is already pretty deadly for me.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:13 pm »

Lets try to keep this thread on topic, its about what units who need a reduction in required experience to level up and why/how this should be implemented, not about the veterancy itself. So range increases with vet 2 for pIV and healing range increase for the scout car is essentially OT. Salan is actually paying attention to this thread as it fits in with the design improvements he's trying to implement for balance, this is a golden opportunity to nail some of the big gaps in the xp gain and viability of units for all the armies. Would be nice if these posts could be moved to a veterancy change suggestion thread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:26:03 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc