Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:51:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Fallshirmjaegers  (Read 13205 times)
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 01:14:31 pm »

I have used Falls very effectively.  They are not assault troops.  You need to keep them at range, and in cover and then they rape...

As for para drop... yep I don't do it.  I drive them in on and IHT and then jump them out into cover while the IHT provides a bit more blast.

Don't try to use them like any other assault troop and you will do fine.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 01:37:41 pm »

i run a company with 8 falls..fg42 are not better than mp44 because of the reload time. they do best at holding a line because of their cloak ability but they always have to stand in green cover.

i think they dont need a cloak ability like storms have but they need a healt or armour buff. currently they have 55hp - as much as volks have

CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 01:47:53 pm »

Honestly, I rather they have Building infiltration rather then Paradrop as building infiltration gives no audio indications to the enemy that you had deployed them behind their lines and Falls are mostly just ambush/defensive troops in most cases.

Also although this will probably have 1 in a million chances of being implemented, I think that you can be able to attach 1 PE Panzershreck at the price of a Stormtrooper's Panzershreck as other factions "Airborne" at least  has some sort of reusable AT weapon and (god forbid) can make ambush bonuses actually useful.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 01:54:14 pm »

Ok, first, all the SMG weapons in question IGNORE armor modifiers. They all do x1 damage to any infantry no matter what the armor type.

Second, FJ are NOT assault units in the normal terms, they should be riding up in an IHT (they count as stationary for accuracy + they get the added HP of the IHT), when it dies, jump out and run to cover and continue to rape.

FJ Paradrop is pretty much worthless, I have 2 that drop in only because I ran out of resources for IHTs. They get no upgrades because of their dropping (Waste of resources if I should lose the area they drop into) but do well enough once they start capturing weapons.

Like any PE unit, its at its best inside an IHT.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 02:06:58 pm »

(I knew this from retail, but this site should be your new friend Tymathee. http://coh-stats.com/Category:Panzer_Elite_Weapons)
Valid point about commandos, but they are 6 guys with stens to begin with. Rangers used for fighting inf are min/maxed through only upgrading thompsons on them, meaning they do NOT lose any important firepower before the 3rd guy in the squad drops and a thompson is lost. They also come within the same doctrine as the uber fantastic triage which allows them back into action way faster than the scout car will.

And mp44s outperform FG42s at short range on top of having better moving accuracy.

Mp44 > FG42

Except in one single situation, where the fallschirms are sitting in cover engaging enemies at medium range.

The current mp44 is a better weapon on a cheaper platform. There is no reason to get luftwaffe for FG42s.

Also, rangers slaughter fallschirms. Rangers can charge them and rip them apart in 2-3 seconds. This is not a nice comparison though as the current rangers are making all the other assault inf other than the very expensive storms look like utter crap, complete shit.

I use that site all the time.

the mp44 ISN'T a better weapon, I looked at the stats. The accuracy is better on the fg42 for the same damage output. The reason the mp44 does more is because it's on a unit with more health, 95 per man, as opposed to 60 per man.

Also, of course rangers would do that good vs falls, unless the falls are standing still then the ranger squad goes down.

^ you mean like commandos and rangers always lose men? come on, they have the same health almost as both those units.

Also to Smokaz, the Fg42 has better accuracy than the mp44. the only reason the stormtropper is better at assaulting with the mp44 is because stomries have 95 health, and falls 60, so yeah, you can run 'em after something and not lose a lot of health and keep firing but you can't do it with falls, which is why they're better at defending because you aren't losing health.

why can't you guys just realize that PE are not wehr and their infantry dont have uber health anymore? They play more like the allies really just with smaller squads and specialize more. Although I've lost all my pe games I've done rather well and I like the PE. I wish I had some falls, I'm tired of grenz, all my games have been lost beause my grenz just can't hack it lol. i need to learn how to use 'em.

omg what are you talking about?
`
Rangersquad has same health as a commando squad means 390HP a fallschirmjägersquad has 240HP
that means only 60% health of commandos and rangers

ontop of this rangers have elite armor that is much better
and equiped with assault guns they can loose 50% of their men without loosing significant amount of firepower

if you look at other PE assault infantry it is looking even more worse
a default assaultgren squad has only 165HP means 42% health of a ranger or commando squad

your "uber"wehrmacht infantry like stormtroopers have 380 health that is lower than ranger or commandos too
and they get no elite armor like rangers

realy please don't post when you dont know what you are talking about

and you, if you looked at my earlier post and read the whole thread, you'd have seen where I laid out each units full squad health and indiviual squad health.

I know exactly what i'm talking about but it seems only you and manfred like to try and make me look stupid so seroiusly, back off.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 02:47:07 pm »

I know you are not stupid tymathee, but the ranges for the FG42 and Mp44 clearly state that the mp44 has 0.9 at close range and the fg42 0.75..

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 02:52:12 pm »

yeah, but they are better at long and mid 0.2 fg42 to 0.1 mp44 and 0.45 fg42 to 0.3 mp44.

also, it seems like the mp44 gets bonuses in open cover and the fg42 is .75 in light.the fg42 works more like a mini machine gun than an assault rifle, it even has a search radius and incremental modifier.

so, basically, falls with fg42 are NOT assault troopers, they are ambush troops, use them in inf ht's, buildings and in cover, if you're using them to assault, then you're just using them wrong.

so, basically, they're more like Grens with lmg's than anything else.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 04:04:59 pm »

For way more cost in munitions, and slightly more in manpower.
Also, Open Cover is not used by the game. It's there, but it means nothing. It's not used for when you're not in cover, it's simply.. not used. When you're not in cover you just recieve default status. Most weapons have a bonus vs. Open Cover, but again.. since it's not used it makes no difference.
This can be tested in a custom mod by increasing a weapon's damage output vs. Open Cover to extreme levels. Then when you test it, you'll notice the weapon isn't any different.

So, yes. FG42 ARE better than MP44s at long range and short range. But they cost 140 munitions and come on a relatively fragile platform.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 04:14:21 pm »

yeah, but they are better at long and mid 0.2 fg42 to 0.1 mp44 and 0.45 fg42 to 0.3 mp44.

also, it seems like the mp44 gets bonuses in open cover and the fg42 is .75 in light.the fg42 works more like a mini machine gun than an assault rifle, it even has a search radius and incremental modifier.

so, basically, falls with fg42 are NOT assault troopers, they are ambush troops, use them in inf ht's, buildings and in cover, if you're using them to assault, then you're just using them wrong.

just try it out, ull see they suck

u played some PE games the last few days and u sucked^^ u even dont have any wins so...just try falls out and campare them AFTER this with any mp44 unit

and rangers..well, they even rape KCH
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 05:02:24 pm »

Nope, I saw 2 Falls Squads with Upgrades take doen 2 Lts at long range in under 3 seconds, and then rape a Bren Squad and Rifle Nade sqad all at long range.... And still have 2 men alive and 3 men, then the person retreated them when a tank showed. 

It was NASTY.  They sat in green cover and just shot better then MG42s...

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 05:18:16 pm »

replay or it didnt happen..

my falls were not able to do that...and i always had 2 of them on the field

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 05:41:12 pm »

it happened, and i saw it happen. 

I waet holy shit that was ridiculous. 

Falls are extreamly good.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 06:13:59 pm »

glad puddin is on my side...god thought i'd never say that.

anywho, falls are good, you just haven't learned how to use them.

I play as PE yes but I'm scorched earth so i can prove that the hummel is useful, looks like next i'm going to have to use falls so I can see what people are talking about.

but meh, falls are good, they're not assault troops like i keep saying, if anything they're more support troops.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 06:23:17 pm »

Support troops for what exactly?

Gren LMGs support axis AT tanks, as well as Assault infantry (Storms/Mp40Volks).

If your costly elite infantry are just to support your other inferior options, you probably have a problem. You have a PE problem to be precise - an army of support units who don't quite mesh to provide an effective army.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 06:32:11 pm »

they are only good if in green cover or in houses - every infantry is good in green cover
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 06:32:57 pm »

Falls with cover are far and away the best anti-infantry in the game due to their consistent ambush bonuses. Without cover they're pretty average, if fragile, assault troop equivalents.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 06:45:16 pm »

gah forget it. What will allowing them to come out of buildings accomplish? more than likely they'll have a timer to come out so there's no instant ambush and in a map with few buildings, you're relegated to certain areas and that can be easily cut off by a smart player. By allowing them to drop, they can be deployed anywhere and if you want them to walk on, put them in with another unit like a ketten or inf ht. i seriously doubt you'll see falls changed in anyway, they're a powerful unit in the right hands.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 06:51:28 pm »

they are only good if in green cover or in houses - every infantry is good in green cover

But fals have Camo, Camo makes units run across red cover thinking they are safe, Red cover = massicure = Falls are OP = Falls being well balenced for situational game play. 

Falls will ambush ppl, put some strek teams behind them as bait and my my my... what a strangly powerful combo tha can be....
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 07:56:54 pm »

I haven't personally used them, but I have watched jack use falls to great effect. He rapes with his falls, so I never saw them as UP. And I have seen them used by other people to ill effect because they use them like KCH. Also the people that use them to the most effect are the people that bring them in on IHTs. I also think they should have their building spawning, because I've always thought it was a neat way to spawn.

But I think they had to take it out, because if they had that spawn ability, they would have to spawn instantly, because if there was a spawn timer on them, and someone gets into the building you wanted to spawn out of...

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 08:03:54 pm »

I haven't personally used them, but I have watched jack use falls to great effect. He rapes with his falls, so I never saw them as UP. And I have seen them used by other people to ill effect because they use them like KCH. Also the people that use them to the most effect are the people that bring them in on IHTs. I also think they should have their building spawning, because I've always thought it was a neat way to spawn.

But I think they had to take it out, because if they had that spawn ability, they would have to spawn instantly, because if there was a spawn timer on them, and someone gets into the building you wanted to spawn out of...

jack is a good player, riki, and any unit are good when played by a good player

try them out yourself and u will see that they are only good as defensive units or when pefectly used...e.g. at killing pinned units.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc