Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:52:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first impressions  (Read 3112 times)
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 15, 2009, 07:38:09 am »

Heys guys, haven't been around for awhile.  I downloaded the mod the other night, checked things out, and, no sir, I didn't like it, as the horse said from Ren and Stimpy.  Frankly, the worst part was the ability to buy vet.  Completely turned me off from the mod.  I mean really, it completely defeats the purpose of this mod.  I enjoyed EIR original.  I placed importance on vet.  But now I can buy it with no consequence.  Really, I MEAN REALLY?!?!?!?!?  Come on. 

Also, not to mention the launcher.  It was bad, I mean bad like a hooker trying to pick up guys in a mission for the homeless.  Its one to have flashy, which was nice, its another to have it all confused, jumbled and frankly confusing.  Your launcher, confusing.  I would suggest making the finalize button red or black, to you know it there, instead of being grey, cause its hard to find, and confusing to understand that that is the button which moves you to the next step. 

Also, whats with the ability choices?  I picked blitz doc, and when i went to the vps page, I had the option at the botton to buy units for callins or whatever the hell they were from other docs???  I am sorry, but that makes no sense to me what so ever. 

Guys, I will be honest, EIR died 8 months ago, and while the effort to keep it going and improve was a good one, its an effort in futility.  Face it guys, its dead, and its time you give it a good farewell.  EIR died for me and many others in the community that long ago, so just leave it there. 

Signing off
Crono

I will hide this........giant gun.

Pak-38 commander when going into cloak
SyKoFanTlvl2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:55:42 am »

Crono, stop dicking around.

This mod was just about dead some months ago, yes. Thats what happens when the developers stop working, which meant the mod itself didnt evolve, a fact that you personally apparently was happy with, congrats with that.

Now, coming back and giving the new developers shit, developers that have put TONS of work into taking EIR to the next level
-without asking anything but a little patience from the community in return-
is just utterly retarded, you are being selfish at bitching some people making an effort for the entire community, what have you done for EIR lately? yeah, thought so.

At the same time you are being fatally ignorant, not even giving the developers any credit for this being a BETA, AND NOT EVEN INVESTIGATING WHAT ALL THE FUNCTIONS OF THE FUCKING DOCTRINES IN THE LAUNCHER ARE, IS RETARDED.

STOP BEING AN ASS, and if you aint got anything decent to post, STAY THE FUCK AWAY, this comminty doesnt need selfish assholes running around bitching the developers for trying something good.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 07:59:54 am by SyKoFanTlvl2 » Logged
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:16:49 am »

Oh, see your fatally wrong.  I have been around for well over a year.  I have seen this mod in its glory.  I also know when people are beating a dead horse.  Thats EIR now.  Beating a dead horse so bad as to think it will live again.  I am sorry, but when FL- left and decided to not do anything further, the fabled 2.0, the mod died.  Its dead, leave it be.  I know the Lucifer has been working very hard on things, and I commend him for that.  But it should also be mentioned that many people before him stepped up and wanted to go places with it.  They were denied because of FL-'s paranoia. 
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:19:11 am »

dude its 10 am come back at a normal time lol

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:29:06 am »

It's not for everyone. For every person that dislikes it, about 10 others love it.

Crono, I don't think you quite understand how the Vet system works.

Firstly, you don't buy vet; your units gain it as they always did, and can only gain up to vet 2 without sacrificing PP to unlock the next level. Then you have to continue to gain XP on your units till the next level 3, then you unlock it again with another PP sacrifice.

If that vet unit dies, so does your PP investment... so there is actually a bigger consequence to losing veterancy this time around.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:33:20 am by Akranadas » Logged
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 08:38:45 am »

So basically you are just saying that you haven't read anything that's been on the forums in the last month or two? Otherwise you would know that you cannot buy vet, just the ability to get to vet 2 and vet 3, that there are no doctrines yet because of the new release and what the reinforcements are.

Complain about what you don't like about the game by all means but don't just talk rubbish. As you said you are an experienced player - surely you can manage to work out what is going on.
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:41:18 am »

Since akranadas decided to lock my post, I will continue here.  Look guys, all I am saying, and so much tactfulness, is that EIR shouldn't have had the issues it had.  It shouldn't have had the dev dropping it like a ton of bricks.  People stepped up, wanted and were willing to continue it.  FL-'s own paranoia stopped that.  I even stepped up to work on it.  I had and continue to have the financial capabilities to do so.   Yet he blocked me from doing that, mainly cause he never replies to posts except 4 months after issue. 

So once again, I say, EIR is dead, leave it there.  We should never have had a split in the community.  This conflict should never be taking place.  FL- should be given proper respect and mention in the development of this genre, and move on from there.  I know some of you don't want to hear this.  Others, don't want it even mentioned.  Sorry guys, we all know its true.  Those of us who were around last summer, know it all too well.  Lets start a reconciliation.  Get the devs working together.  We would only have that much bigger of a community from it.

And to Akranadas, please in the future, don't lock my posts.  I only mean to start a discussion, not a flame war.  Take it up with me if you feel it will go that way, I will happily end it there.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 08:48:34 am »

Look Crono, You've made your point; you don't like EIR or the direction it's going in. So why stick around and start crap that we hoped was long put to rest? It just strikes me as funny how in one breath you cry foul over whats happening, and in the same breath go "there shouldn't be conflict" it's hypocritical.

Seriously, read your posts; What are you trying to start here? If you wanted to talk about the game, that's fine; but now you are turning this thread into another pathetic EIR vs OMG thread. Nope not going to happen. Can you just take it and go away?

Don't even bother reposting another thread. If you want to reply; send me a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc