Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 03:21:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] The bullshit that is foo  (Read 11352 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 12:13:23 am »

I propose a question to you, the community.

What could we replace FOO with?  
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 12:14:43 am »

You did, in that very game, 1 shreker guy got out for you(Then died to a rifle blob, IIRC, tho).

FOO should be replaced with the exact same, just for tommies, come for free and a 30 second timer. ^^

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 12:19:21 am »

Just increase the timer on it so its actually escapable rather than insta boom, isn't science to realise that insta arty for 100mu will get abused.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 12:24:08 am »

For the last time, it isn't insta.  If you see a LT, give it some respect from now on and watch for green smoke.  Simple.

I'm going to love it when we introduce Off boards back into the game...

* DasNoob grabs his earplugs.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 12:33:13 am »

Insta V1s!
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 12:36:41 am »

For the last time, it isn't insta.  If you see a LT, give it some respect from now on and watch for green smoke.  Simple.

Thats the other thing. FOO has a very short casting radius, and the LT has to do his rambo impression, charge into range, sit there and shoot the blob you're trying to drop arty on with his gun and then stare them down while the smoke drops.

Its pretty obvious when the LT is about to drop FOO on you, not to mention the smoke gives you about 6 seconds to GTFO of the area.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 02:06:38 am »

err foo has red smoke. The liuet will walk up, point his gun, stand there for 2 seconds, smoke will drop and something like 1.5 or 2 seconds after that the arty starts to hit.

green smoke is victor target or creeping barrage if i remember correctly Wink

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 02:08:42 am »

err foo has red smoke. The liuet will walk up, point his gun, stand there for 2 seconds, smoke will drop and something like 1.5 or 2 seconds after that the arty starts to hit.

Creeping barrage is green smoke, victor target has this ugly vomit colored smoke.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 02:18:45 am »

If I see a leutenant...I always see one because there always is one.

The off maps were always easier to dodge than FOO, there was a lot larger delay inbetween the offmap and when it came down. FOO is better than any of the offmaps except perhaps rocket arty/t4 arty and I would argue it's even to them anyways, for the bargain price of 100mu fucking lol.

I doubt that my luck has been so bad to virtually never have survivors from all of my IHTs. The chance of losing a whole squad if it's 40% death rate per man would be 0.4xy4. Which is less than one percent. Now I've had a single survivor twice out of all my games, currently 28 games in total. That doesn't seem just a little off to you?

FOO artillery isn't that easy to dodge. I've watched most of the people claiming it's all cool get raped by it, so meh. First shell insta supresses too which is epic.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 02:53:02 am »

If I see a leutenant...I always see one because there always is one.

The off maps were always easier to dodge than FOO, there was a lot larger delay inbetween the offmap and when it came down. FOO is better than any of the offmaps except perhaps rocket arty/t4 arty and I would argue it's even to them anyways, for the bargain price of 100mu fucking lol.

I just booted up cheat mod, and with a stopwatch timed it.

LT does his rambo impression for 2 seconds, smoke drops, 4-5 seconds after the first red flare drops the first arty shell comes in.

I then did the exact same test with the wehr officer.  Rambo impression for 2 seconds, smoke drops, 4-5 seconds after the flare the mortar barrage comes in.

In fact the mortar barrage is better because it affects a larger radius.
BigDick
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 02:53:36 am »

and that should be changed
all kinds of enemy artillery strikes should have red smoke...

i mean you play with a luftwaffe guy and think he is dropping some fallschirms to support you units against blobs
you ask him in vent and before he says there comes the rain of arty

@manfred

i can sign this all pe clowncars i killed there was no or at maximum one survivor with little health getting insta raped by enemy units around
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 04:33:20 am »

Foo's dangerous because the rest of the salvo comes in very fast, not that the first shot is any faster.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 04:36:59 am »

It's yellow smoke
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 04:37:50 am »

nah it's faster, there was somewhere around here documenting that it had been sped up and it is definately faster than first release. You may be looking at the stock version of the barrage and its timing.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 09:25:28 pm »

nah it's faster, there was somewhere around here documenting that it had been sped up and it is definately faster than first release. You may be looking at the stock version of the barrage and its timing.

I just went through an EIR replay and stopwatched a FOO, exactly the same timing as the vanilla one.

So you are wrong.   Officer arty and FOO are practically exactly the same when it comes to drop speed.  And officer arty is much more deadly to infantry in the open.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 10:29:41 pm »

Smokaz was kinda sad yesterday when his FOO failed to kill my mg42 in a building. I ungarrisoned the MG42 and walked it away when I saw the red smoke, arty started falling when the mg42 team was away from the blast radius. Need not have bothered, the building stayed standing.

Infantry and vehicles ought to have no problems escaping FOO. But weapons teams will just barely get out of range in time, and only if you react instantaneously. If you're a bit slow, or it's laggy, yea FOO will likely kill the weapons teams.

If it's in a big house, the mg team or infantry squad may survive; if it's a small house it's their grave, likely.
. Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 03:13:40 am »

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:32:19 am by . » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 03:23:24 am »

You only get 1 use Tongue.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 04:19:55 am »

I come to realise that many of the people arguing about how things are fine are spending 99% of their time stomping noobs, no wonder they find it easy to kill everything.

As much fun as the ego stroaking behaviour is its kind of pointless debating with people who stack and stomp (this isn't aimed at everyone posting in this thread btw). Of course you rape your enemy if hes new and you have a pre planned stomping team organised. That doesn't dictate good balance of armies/units or that certain things are balanced. Gamesguy always stomps and he's the very first one usually to ego stroak himself and claim how he has already accomplished what another has said is impossible/difficult.

Try playing good players, instead of stacking against incompetent players constantly and you may change your mind Tongue.
Nanaki Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 04:25:41 am »

LT does his rambo impression for 2 seconds, smoke drops, 4-5 seconds after the first red flare drops the first arty shell comes in.

I then did the exact same test with the wehr officer.  Rambo impression for 2 seconds, smoke drops, 4-5 seconds after the flare the mortar barrage comes in.

I am still suprised that nobody has commented on this. If FOO comes down too fast, than Wehr Officer artillary would also need a nerf.

Personally, I think it is fine. Artillary is meant to screw someone up, nobody is going to spend 100 munitions on a one-time use red smoke that just scares someone away. Especially since they would just be able to come back 30 seconds later and you would be back in square one, just 100 munitions poorer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc