Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:34:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuart light tank - MARK ASS PIECE OF SHIT  (Read 3000 times)
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:17 am »

As it is,

-stuart cant hit infantry to be a reliable anti infantry weapon
-stuart cant hit light vehicles to be a reliable anti-light vehicle platform
-stuart cant do any significant damage to a any axis heavy tank
-stuart doesnt have enough speed to circle strafe any axis turreted tank, INCLUDING THE locked down MARDER 3

So, whats the point of having one? Its only advantage, is a highly unreliable scatter shot which costs a whopping 85 munitions. Kthx, for 55 munitions more I can buy FOO which is 100% reliable and always pays for itself in double or triple values.

At the moment, stuart is priced at 295 mnpower, 50 fuel. While  the fuel cost is indeed low, stuart is literally not worth a third of its manpower cost as it is at the moment. This became apparent in the last game I have played, where a stuart was on the field for over 10 minutes, managing to score a spectacular 3 infantry kills in that time frame, while skirmishing with 2 axis infantry blobs. I think its quite obvious, that stuart needs a buff of some sort.

Stuart needs to be either an m8 like anti infantry platform, OR it needs to be an anti light vehicle platform that can hit armored cars and pumas reliably, not once every blue moon. As it is, the unit is useless.

By the way, if you disagree with this feel free to post a story/theory on how a stuart should be used.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:44:35 am by DuckOfDoom » Logged
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:02:45 am »

Its only role, is a light infantry support tank, barely annoying the enemy by harassing their troops which has no AT... until you realised that every decent player always has at least one AT on the field at any point in time.

I requested for them to bring the cost down to 250MP and 40 fuel or something... but apparently they thing this is fine. The stuart is a fun tank, thats about it. You want something that kills, get a cromwell.

It can... circle strafe a marder. Get use to its weird pathing. It moves like a kettenkrad.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:46:42 am »

Stuart is only useful in highly rare circumstances (no AT on the field and it can pick away at whatever it wants, or flankable AT on the field in an open position) and the Cromwell is undoubtedly superior at almost all things the Stuart can do. Stuart takes 8 pop, I'd rather have a tommy squad and a lieutenant...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:52:06 am »

Stuart is only useful in highly rare circumstances (no AT on the field and it can pick away at whatever it wants, or flankable AT on the field in an open position) and the Cromwell is undoubtedly superior at almost all things the Stuart can do. Stuart takes 8 pop, I'd rather have a tommy squad and a lieutenant...

Exactly. Hence me posting a thread about making a stuart more useful, because otherwise, honestly, might as well take it out of the game all together.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 10:51:49 am »

yeah i have no use for it either. Canister shot one use and its random. An M8 lol the king of light armor is far more effective.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 12:49:19 pm »

I'd rather have 3 unupgraded bren carriers(as far as the fuel cost goes) than a single stuart - much, much more powerful.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 01:10:43 pm »

T17 > stuart  =D

but where the stuart excels at is taking out other light armor, especially puma's and AC's because vs say an m8 puma's and ac's can damage it, maybe not a lot but does give damage. But yea, stuart is more of an annoyance tank. IRL, they were really really good at killing infantry, kinda like the  P4 IST

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 01:13:57 pm »

In real life, all tanks are really good at killing infantry, pretty much everything carried HE shells when available (for some reason the brits and the exception here....) and the 2-4 MGs did a hell of a lot more than in EIR.

Then again, real life has no place here.

Stuart to 6 Pop!

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 05:04:11 pm »

right now the stuart has the role of a tetrach pretty much.  It's role is to take out other light armour or any infantry coming towards it.  I must say it is inaccurate and has less range and that to the M8, but it's always going to be inferior to it since it's slightly better armoured and has the cannister round ability.

it's not meant to be an uber killer in it's own right anyway, so i wouldn't bother changing it at all really.  I just use mine for the cannister round (Which hits if you get decently close) and then to scare inf away when they chase my AT crews and stuff.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 06:22:27 pm »

The Stuart has enough speed to circle a Marder III (if it is facing the other way).

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc