Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:47:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant see call-in description in the UI  (Read 4334 times)
PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« on: May 03, 2009, 12:27:45 pm »

Hey!
I'm using the german localized version of vCOH.
Actually (since 0.0.4), as it happened once before, i cant see my call-in's in game. It only writes some numbers with range behind. Same to ingame timers etc. I know that has happened some time before. I have already tried to copy the english files from "Company of Heroes\EuropeInRuins\Locale\English" to the "\Locale\German" folder and renamed the files for German localisation. This didnt fix it.

I had a look to the EiR .module file and maybe I found the problem there. But i cant try it, cause everytime i edit the file, the launcher overwrites it with the original .module file.
the section in the .module file looks as follows:

for the english localisation:
[locale:English]
folder.01 = EuropeInRuins\Locale\English
folder.02 = CoH\Locale\English
folder.03 = CoH\Engine\Locale\English
folder.04 = RelicOnline\Locale\English

the german looks like:
[locale:german]
folder.01 = CoH\Locale\German
folder.02 = CoH\Engine\Locale\German
folder.03 = RelicOnline\Locale\German

u see the difference? The path to EuropeInRuins\Locale\English is missing in the german section. Im only guessing this may be the problem. Just a thought this might help the devs.

I hope this will be fixed soon, cause it realy hinders german players a lot.

Greets, PzGren
thaelmann Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:36:33 pm »

this is a known issue. i guess it's going to be fixed soon. in the meantime, believe me, you will get used to remembering your call-ins quite soon.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:46:42 pm »

just start the launcher without the autoupdater.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:13:39 am »

Taking another look at it now.

Thanks for the verbose post - it really helps me to pin down the exact issue!

(Other people take note!  NOTES I SAY!)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:03:48 am »

Hey again!
Well, if my post gave u a little hint to pin point it, i'm happy with that  Smiley Cause I would have posted it earlier, but some people told me that this is an already known issue, so i decided not to bother the devs with this if it is alreay in the queue  Wink

Ok then, keep goin' and thx for this great mod and the time and sweat u and the other dev's put into it.
I thought, some positive feedback is always nice to hear, beside the constant complains about balancing and other stuff.

And to thealmann: u'r right, one will remember the company set-up after some time Wink But my brain seems to be like a colander sometimes, so have it written in game makes it easier to remember.

Greets, PzGreni
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 05:13:23 am »

Earlier, I adjusted the .module file to include a pointer to the German locale folder, this didnt work.

If someone has a link / copy of a mod that DOES have other languages in it, and works for them - please code paste it here.

Cheers.
7thpolishdv Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:34 am »

I Aloso have the same problem but i have the Polish version it worked before the down. $ 1500 10008 No Range
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 06:45:28 am »

It's pretty anoying when you are waiting 50 secs for your callin and it's life or die, and you bring in atg instead of infantry...
Trishut Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:03:37 pm »

It's pretty anoying when you are waiting 50 secs for your callin and it's life or die, and you bring in atg instead of infantry...

I do the same sometimes but with jeep instead of atg.
Jeep vs Panther! Cheesy

PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 02:52:32 pm »

New's from my own bug-fixing-trail-and-error-front:

I guess I finally made it working, at least it shows now the english description of the call-ins on the UI. That's helpfull anyway. So, what did I do:

I simply left the english versions of the .ucs files in the ...\EuropeInRuins\Locale\German folder. These are two files EuropeInRuins.English.ucs AND EuropeInRuinsBattle.English.ucs

Then I edited the ...\Company of Heroes\EuropeInRuins.module file as follows and saved it to a "secure" folder so it won't get overwritten again by the autoupdater.

Original:
folder.01 = CoH\Locale\German
folder.02 = CoH\Engine\Locale\German
folder.03 = RelicOnline\Locale\German

Changed:
folder.01 = EuropeInRuins\Locale\German
folder.02 = CoH\Locale\German
folder.03 = CoH\Engine\Locale\German
folder.04 = RelicOnline\Locale\German

Then I joined a standard game with the launcher. After I started CoH:EiRR with the launcher, I quit and replaced the original .module file, which got replaced by the autoupdater, with the edited one as mentioned before. Then I started CoH:EiRR without using the launcher. For all those, who dont already have the short-cut to start CoH:EiRR without the launcher on their desktop, here's a short guide how to create it:

Create a shurtcut to RelicCOH.exe and edit under "properties" the target line as follow:

"C:\Spiele\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -nomovies -mod europeinruins

The italic part of the path string has to be replaced by the actual path to RelicCOH of ur machine. Take care to place the " correctly. Hit OK. Double click this shortcut. It sould start CoH:EiRR directly. If u dont see the loading screen of EiRR but the one from vCOH then there's something wrong. If it doesn't do anything, then the path may be incorrect.

Back to the main topic:

After u start CoH:EiRR simply join the game or host and start playin as usual.
In game, all UI text messages should now be displayed correctly. Timers, Call-In description, Units etc. With the little drawback - its all english. But since I write this in english and almost all comunity guys can at least read english its way better that way, then having $ xxxx Range displayed. No?  Wink

Pls can anyone else test this with his local version, eg I read some one has a polish one. It must be the same trick, just to the change to the polish section in the .module file. I hope this will fix it in the meantime.

If this dont work on ur machine, pls dont through stones at me. It worked for me, so I thought I just share it, hopefully it will help others too.  Grin

Greets PzGreni
thaelmann Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 04:18:35 pm »

that's great news, thx a lot, pzgr3n!

still, there's one more thing i'd like to ask: could you plese upload your eirr shortcut somewhere and post the link? for some weird (windows) reason explorer.exe cashes everytime i try to create a shortcut and change its properies.
PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 12:36:47 am »

Hm, u can try a workaround:

On your desktop right click, goto "new", "shortcut". It should create a new blank shortcut and a dialog window should pop up (I'm using XP, not sure if it is the same with Vista). In this dialog window search for the RelicCOH.exe. Click next. Then it asks u for the name of the shortcut, write what ever u want there. Click finish. Now u should find a shortcut with the given name on ur desktop. Now right click this one and go to properties. Now simply add behind the path string thats enclosed with " following:
 -nomovies -mod europeinruins

This string must not be enclosed with " ! Note: the blank before -nomovies is intended.

The whole line sould then look like as described in my previous post.
Click Ok, and try it.

I hope this will do it...

Greets PzGreni
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 01:39:45 am »

Im about to edit this post a lot, for the reason:

NEVER launch EIR via a shortcut.

K?

And dont tell others to do so either.
BigDick
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:45:56 am »

Im about to edit this post a lot, for the reason:

NEVER launch EIR via a shortcut.

K?

And dont tell others to do so either.

why? i usually launch EiR using a shortcut because launcher crashes when in lagmode
PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 02:00:00 am »

Hm, wasn't aware of that. Does it break anything?  Huh I was doin that several times with no troubles at all, the only thing I have to make sure before launching via shortcut is that the launcher fetched the battlefiles correctly. And as BigDick said, the launcher crashed just after hitting the launch switch several times, so I picked the other approach to start EiR.

Anyway, if there is an unwritten law on this topic, I will not propose it in the future. K!

Greets, PzGreni
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 02:25:43 am »

Your games wont count, or report correctly.

Shortcut is only for replays atm.
PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 02:42:34 am »

I see, didn't know that. Thanks for the explanation, good to know.

By the way, had a second thought on that. It should also be possible to replace the .module file just before hitting the launch switch in the launcher. So it wont get overwritten and one can start EiR as usual. This should work too?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 03:19:33 am »

Ok, edited that module file - i tried this once before, and it caused crashes =/

Let me know if the new (downloaded by the AutoUpdater) works for you.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 03:59:26 am »

Reverted change back.

Crashes for Baine and Chefartz.
PzGreni Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 11:04:55 am »

Hm, so it's no valid solution.  Embarrassed
Bad luck then, at least a try and an attempt to be helpfull.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc