Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 03:27:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Developer's Question #2  (Read 4491 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: May 05, 2009, 11:29:29 am »

Last week we asked you all what your thoughts were on the current veterancy system.
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=9136.0
Your input was very much appreciated and guided us in deciding upon further changes, you will be given more information on this later on.

This week we'd like to ask each and every one of you a basic question:
What is your biggest issue with Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements at this point in time?.

Please only make one post per person and try to stick to just one concern/issue.
This concern can be anything from gameplay to game design but it should be your biggest concern, not just some minor imbalance or launcher graphic bug.

We will be actively moderating this thread to ensure the above guidelines being followed, all posts not in accordance with those guidelines will be removed, you have been warned. The goal is not to hold a community discussion on balance, gameplay and design but instead we'd like to get an idea of what bothers our playerbase the most.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:37:20 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:35:51 am »

Launcher stability. No key on unit call-ins. Vet description would be also nice to see in battalion.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:36:56 am »

Actually I think it's the maps, nobody has the same map and the same version of it, good ol' maps are gone and we are obliged to play horrible-poor-gameplay maps such as: Dawn, St. Lambert, sometime Linden, Square maps and too large maps. It really hurts the mod as it is now. Expecially 3v3, gimme goo' ol' Abbe...
pernik Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:47 am »

Actually I think it's the maps, nobody has the same map and the same version of it, good ol' maps are gone and we are obliged to play horrible-poor-gameplay maps such as: Dawn, St. Lambert, sometime Linden, Square maps and too large maps. It really hurts the mod as it is now. Expecially 3v3, gimme goo' ol' Abbe...
Exactly. I'm quite new here (since 2.501 fix - before it was nearly impossible to connect to someone because of frickin NAT error) and I've never played maps like Road to Carentan, Abbeville... goddammit sometimes is even a problem with already fixed Tanteville Sad

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:49:18 am »

The introduction of Off-maps, speed at which nearly all the off-maps come down and the amount that people can bring into anyone game.

Something that might limit the amount of off maps might be the scaling of their cost as you buy them.

Example:
1st off map is free
2nd off map 1 pp
3rd off map 2pp

So getting to many off maps puts you at a net loss of pp very quickly.

Basically I'm not a fan of stuff I can't fight against.

Pwanawan baby!
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:52:24 pm »

+1

Arty everywhere (onmap like 105, callope, foo) and now that much offmap arty where people can buy more uses to grief companies
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »

1.Tooltips for unit veterancy, doctrine abilities.
2. Launcher stability.
3. Map version standartisation is needed.
4. Nokey bugs for non-english-version players.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 01:06:13 pm »

1.besidbesides some minor issues, theres a very big one: artillery spam.

example
theres a big attack with rangers, tommies and maybe a tank--> axis have to concentrate on the attacked area to push them off-> with some luck, axis succes with 2 mgs, a sniper, a pak and some lmgs but then comes the howie! and shoots the blob and all is gone =)
2. changes which are really not necessary

Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 01:40:15 pm »

Stacking,

Half my games are big 3v3 or 4v4 that are about equal sometimes I win sometimes I lose.

The other half are 2v2 or sometimes 3v3 that I have average and worse player like myself versus some well known constant players or players who say they are new but haven't gotten any loses yet.

I fight smurves who are much more skilled than me who sometimes even get noob advantages but I have gotten to rank 3 so even though I am not as skilled as them don't have the advantages.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:25 pm »

1.besidbesides some minor issues, theres a very big one: artillery spam.

example
theres a big attack with rangers, tommies and maybe a tank--> axis have to concentrate on the attacked area to push them off-> with some luck, axis succes with 2 mgs, a sniper, a pak and some lmgs but then comes the howie! and shoots the blob and all is gone =)
2. changes which are really not necessary

kinda backwards, should scout, find the defences, pound them with art, then attack..

dont worry ole pal, they are going to adjust it... but until then i will spam my 5 off maps, heck, i spent alot of pp to get them as well so hey, not much different older EIr when i first started, but i choose tank reapers then..

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 02:13:08 pm »

Would be maps currently but i know thats relics fault and your fixing them so offmaps, we need moar at guns now that offmaps are in, increase the limit to 6 at guns

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 02:25:02 pm »

For me the issue would be between the laggy launcher (I know you guys are working on that constantly) or the relatively unexplained balance changes of late coupled with introduction of offmap artillery. I feel that since now your vet can disappear in an instant, the PP-based vet system may or may not work out.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:55 pm »

Agree with Mal.

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 03:00:06 pm »

Yeah launcher lag is pretty bad. And it sometimes crashes many times in a row.

P.S PE need some love too.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 07:23:43 pm »

map standardization

scaling PP costs for offmap arty sounds like a good idea, but really if your blob gets destroyed by some offmap arty its your fault.

I dont want arty to be used for static emplacement removal, it needs to kill stuff to open up the way for the troops.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 07:26:25 pm »

For me the issue would be between the laggy launcher (I know you guys are working on that constantly) or the relatively unexplained balance changes of late coupled with introduction of offmap artillery. I feel that since now your vet can disappear in an instant, the PP-based vet system may or may not work out.

Echoing this.  Launcher lag, and putting vet on a different PP system based on w/l would be nice.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 07:27:11 pm »

Leaderboard even if its just like the old one.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 06:59:15 am »

Availability.

I would like some flexibility in designing my army to the way I want, not because I'm forced to take something else. I would prefer to take all volks and no grens (except for double schrecks) because they are cheaper and they can reman things without giving me a heart break.

I believe this has been suggested and mentioned by others, but I'll bring it up again. Allow availability to be a restriction on general unit type on an axis perspective, such as;

General Infantry (Covering Volks, Grens)
Weapon Support Teams (HMG, Mortar, Pak38, Sniper?)
Elite Infantry (Stormtroopers, KCH)
Support Infantry (Pioneers?)
Artillery (Nebelwerfer, Walking Stuka)
Light Armour (Half-Track, Puma, Stug)
Heavy Tanks (Pz IV, Ostwind, Panther)
Super Heavy Tanks (Tiger, King Tiger)

Taking this aside, availability on certain doctrine units need to be reworked. Take for example, the Priest (or even hummel), Tiger etc. It comes straight away, requiring 3 PP to field it, despite having paid PPs to unlock it in the first place. This doesn't make an awful lot of sense and it either discourage its usage, or encourage stacking.

I seriously wondered how I manage to "live" with a 3PP cost for priest back then. In games of good match up, artillery units tend to be a liability and rarely any "vetted" or rare unit will leave the battlefield alive.

Not asking for a total overhaul here, just changing from 0/2 to 1/1 in terms of availability.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc