Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 11:24:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we get rid of R mode?  (Read 10232 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 01:57:28 pm »

R+ mode is the best thing to happen to this mod.

Yeah, ill play attack/defend when the warmap gets in, but now you dont got 5+ minutes to set down a bajillion mines, repair bunkers, and wire/sandbag funnels and defences.

1vs1 for 3 minutes injects skill requirement to the game. If anything it adds more strategic options and decisions. You have to fight to establish map dominance. I dont wanna have to come and take it from you with endless amounts of Howie barrages and bombing runs.

If there's a problem with the waiting issue, suck it up. I mean it's at maximum 8 minutes out of a 45 minute game. Get offmaps to help the first guy out.

p.s. I like the B+ mode by golreader. The more options the better

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 02:00:21 pm »

It's the best thing they made for eirr, but not if elite gren rush you down the road with his iht pio flame/stormies schrekz combo+ stuh Cheesy
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 02:09:01 pm »

well i think one prob lem with doing atk/def is that not everything for the engineering units is implemented for the new sides.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Staplerfahrer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 02:14:10 pm »

All I have to say about this is 'fuck you'

PE players will be screwed by this.  No cheap static defenses.  Can't build wire/sandbags/tanktraps.  Can't build roadblocks.  Very little onboard/offboard artillery to break heavy defenses.  Weak against fortified positions.

PE would be reduced to using silly gimmicks.  They already are the 'gimmick' faction.

So no... this would be a terrible idea.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 02:18:38 pm by Staplerfahrer » Logged
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 02:24:39 pm »

All I have to say about this is 'fuck you'

PE players will be screwed by this.  No cheap static defenses.  Can't build wire/sandbags/tanktraps.  Can't build roadblocks.  Very little onboard/offboard artillery to break heavy defenses.  Weak against fortified positions.

PE would be reduced to using silly gimmicks.  They already are the 'gimmick' faction.

So no... this would be a terrible idea.

Your post is full of fail and irrelevant, pe is fine for holding ground.

And r mode does not add more skill at all, i fail to see how it does in anyway.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 02:36:29 pm »

Actualy two, his post is, albeit full of anger, very very accurate.
The PE do not have support weapons, they do not have TTs/sandbags/wire = bad defensive capabilities.
The PE do not have proper artilery, flamethrowers, high-damage grenades = bad city breakthrough capabilties. Their single anti-inf capability wielding tank gets outranged by manpack AT and is horrible at shooting buildings. Their armored car, albeit good, is still not enough to break through in a city(2 RR squads in buildings and gg).

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 02:39:57 pm »

They have a mobile defence line. They can easily pull back alittle to make some room or let an attack go into nothing.

Still it's not as high quality as wehr support weapons.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 02:41:12 pm »

Hey, letting the enemy charge a piece of empty land is fun and all but uhm... It's Europe In Ruins, not Europe in Hide and Seek :S.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 02:41:52 pm »

the PE have all sort of vehicles, their strenght is vehicles! not infantry, the old 2 schrek pzgren combo or the usual paried up assault grens are a waste of money, you don't have to make callins like you do as wehrmacht.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 02:45:26 pm »

Actualy two, his post is, albeit full of anger, very very accurate.
The PE do not have support weapons, they do not have TTs/sandbags/wire = bad defensive capabilities.
The PE do not have proper artilery, flamethrowers, high-damage grenades = bad city breakthrough capabilties. Their single anti-inf capability wielding tank gets outranged by manpack AT and is horrible at shooting buildings. Their armored car, albeit good, is still not enough to break through in a city(2 RR squads in buildings and gg).

Theres more to defence than Wire, tank traps and MG's.  The MHT is suitible for breaking lines.  Ever heard of "The best defences is a good Offence"

The PE's strengths depend on their docrtrains, the problem?  The dpoctrains haven't been fleshed out enough yet.  Luft can probubly defend the bests, LI need to get their wire laying abuilities back (if they don't have them already).  If scorched earth get baraccades back.  Its quite conceavable that three PE covering all teh doctrains could put up one hell of a defence.    
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 02:50:18 pm »

The 2 previous posts are full of win.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 03:00:40 pm »

The best defense is, of course, a good offense - go ask some of the people who played TLS, such as chaos, how my airborne would "defend" against the axis. But frankly - putting up a determined offensive on the enemy is costly, attritioning and quite risky indeed. If the enemy is ready for your attack and attempt to push them into the spawn, no ammount of determination will save you.

The MHT is decent for breaking lines, but not at all always aplicable. Not to mention breaking a line with an MHT is rather slow and tedious - unlike with a nice unit of flamers and wehr mortar smoke. Also, don't forget just how fragile an MHT is - doesn't seem like that at all when playing allies, but defending an MHT as PE is really quite a pain, especialy early game.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »

Hey, letting the enemy charge a piece of empty land is fun and all but uhm... It's Europe In Ruins, not Europe in Hide and Seek :S.

Lol, mysth, do you really run around the map for 3+ minutes and not find anything?

Like, I just dont believe that at all.

Attack and def. is easy mode. Cracking a fortress is bullshit. But if you make a fortress with no "free time" then i'd aplaud you.
For that to happen you gotta beat up the first call in and establish your foothold/ prepare for the counter attack. R+ is dynamic, i wouldnt have EiR any other way.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 03:18:15 pm »

Groundfire, that's what the guys offered - move out of the way of the assault as PE, and that was my sarcasm-filled response Smiley.
And actualy, yes, you can indeed run around for 3 minutes not finding anything - if the enemy is as motorised as you are(mirror callins ftw!), or if his army is made of stormtroopers, and are taking unconventional routes Wink.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 03:33:42 pm »

sarcasm was noted, but i felt the need to question it.  Roll Eyes

Moterized start call in? hardly. But rest assured, if I go first, I will find you. No need to find me. My starting call ins for both wehr and US are all infantry and a ATG. Im no faster than anyone else.

p.s., i wouldnt base my opinion around a battle where the other guy runs away. Just more territory for you. Smiley

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »

Ff I start with a motorcycle and 2 pumas, it's really quite probable you won't find me for 3-4 minutes, though I'll be watching your every step. Smiley.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 03:42:04 pm »

Ive fought off worse. Yay for burst bug. Smiley
Staplerfahrer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 04:11:24 pm »

This is pathetic.

I give facts about why PE in its current state cannot set up defenses necessary nor can they assault static fortifications for Attack/Defense mode and people reply with metaphorical bullshit. 

'The best defense is a good offense'

'PE can set up a mobile line'

'PE strengths are based on their doctrine.'

Wow! Great!   Hey, since things like facts and logic are lost on you people, I'm gonna resort to flaming you because this thread is pointless.

Go fuck yourselves.  Removing a mode of gameplay is a shitty idea that is concocted and supported by people with shit for brains.  Stop smearing your stupidity on the forums.

EDIT:  And yes I'm goddamn angry!  I'm sick and tired of reading these motherfucking poorly thought out ideas on this motherfucking forum.   THINK FOR A GODDAMN SECOND BEFORE YOU POST.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:14:27 pm by Staplerfahrer » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 04:16:46 pm »

Grin

Nobody said, the mode was gonna be removed. Chill mate.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 04:18:45 pm »

Wait.. Are you mad about PE, or are you mad about the suggestions of removing R+.  I don't understand.

Haha. Your funny.  Get on vent and I'll talk with you about it.  Let me go read your "facts" again. Real quick.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:25:03 pm by Warlight » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc