Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:29:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where have the 'New' & potential players gone to?  (Read 8884 times)
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 23, 2009, 01:10:27 am »

I remember there having a large influx of players a few weeks ago. There were some really good, new and upcoming players. One of them was this chap called windmaycry or something. There were at least 6 new real nicks (not smurf nicks) that I saw.

Anyone know what happened?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 01:21:06 am »

*Stomp, kill, destroy*
*enjoy free vet and PPs*
*watch them leave*

I would guess this is what happened... I helped at least 7 people with setting up new companies in the past 2 weeks - for some I just gave them the link to the templates and told them of the basics, with some I'd spend half an hour making their first company, if I had the time... Meh, I'd be happy to see at least 2 still playing this :S.

Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 01:32:43 am »

Windcriesmary did a fare bit of stomping himself.  I think he is also Boldaslove.  He names his accounds ofter hendrix songs so.

Anyway i'm in Japan, otherwise i would be playing. 

I'll be back by the end of the week.  As will some o fmy freinds most likly.

I'm please to see I have at least one thing on those new leaderboards.  My Stuka is there.  I would have thought my stug would be there too but its not.

I'm going to have some catching up to do when I get back.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 05:43:59 am »

We've been able to keep a decent amount of new players, some just take longer to (or neverwill) achieve higher levels. Hopefully with the next update things will look better for players base, people will have goals to aspire too and a better incentive to play

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:11:52 am »

windscrymary still plays Tongue But on a smurf, was playing with him yesterday.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 06:19:24 am »

Post on gr.org oh and don't forget to update when 006 is out!

Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 06:32:53 am »

Two, tell Mary RustyL wants to know what his smurf is.

Sharpshooter14 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 06:42:17 am »

I just started playing EIRR last weekend and im enjoying it. I'm 8 - 6 as U.S. so far and haven't got stomped to much. I love the veterancy system and the persistence and I hope to keep playing this game for a long while  Tongue
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 07:15:24 am »

Post on gr.org oh and don't forget to update when 006 is out!

006? From James Bond?

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 07:56:11 am »

I think when the launcher is a bit more stable (no lag/crashes) and maybe the launcher guides you through the process (like info tabs or something) we will retain more players.  Most of the new players don't have much of an idea what's going on in their first game, and if they can't play 1 game they will most likely give up and delete the mod.

Hopefully the new launcher upgrade stuff will help a bit.
bristiler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 10:31:39 pm »

Ive hot some people that wont try the new version because they had to jump through hoops to even start before reinforcements came out.....maybe if advertisement included a "Its much easier now" we might get a few more people.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 10:56:56 pm »

hardest part is that allot of the load is on a small number of people.   

these guys have lives as well.  they are working very hard on this but need to manage RL as well,  can't have a great mod a shite uni/school/relationships otherwsie its bad mojo.

bristiler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:34:06 am »

I wasnt beating on the old version, I loved it
what Im saying is it would be good to also include when advertising it to people who failed to start last go around that it is much much easier now
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 03:39:54 am »

What about giving the Link http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=7844.0 a place on the frontpage, or somewhere on the left?

I mean it's a good guide and would help a lot if it would be even easier to find. I mean it's already in Important links and Informations but you will sure know that this isn't as easy as it seems for a casual player :p

Important links, that help new players,should be on the page all the time (like the red "Want to help promote Europe In Ruins? It's as easy as clicking here once a day!" ) to ensure that it will be found early and helps them to start.

That's a thing that would bother me tbh :p
Hicks359
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 05:12:05 am »

Well, i came into it about a week or two before reinforcements hit, and i've stuck it out purely because i like the gameplay.

This is a mod of patience... So naturally, you can bring as many new people as you want, but only those with alot of patience are going to think about staying more than a week, a month tops.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 05:20:04 am »

i started this mod one week before the relic killing patch.... i enjoyed playing alot!

I know i am not a very good player but its fun to play and to vet your units Smiley

But a little hint that will made it a bit more clear. Give more information about the reinforcment like cost or popcap.

Fyi my allied account is Nijo
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 05:23:35 am »

Once we have some more systems in place; we'll develop a in depth tutorial page which will help new players get up to speed a lot faster.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 06:33:57 am »

We sould also add that Demo charges dont work, make a "Bug" page or something on the EiR Luncher

Not eaven I did know they did not work after buying like 10 of them for a game against an blitz player...

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 08:51:34 am »

We sould also add that Demo charges dont work, make a "Bug" page or something on the EiR Luncher

Not eaven I did know they did not work after buying like 10 of them for a game against an blitz player...

Seconded.

Eir customer support staff.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:01 am »

I don't see it as a surprise, really. This mod is the opposite of the newb friendly. Why:

(A) Steep learning curve: No tutorial or chance to practice your game against comps. This allows more veteran players to crush them with ease (as it should be). However, due to the general lack of 4+ new people online at the same time, they are forced to play against better players and thus get crushed (as it shouldn't be). The problem is, this can't really be fixed.

(B) Vet, Doctrine, Reinforcements, and Advantages: Not only do new players have to deal with their opponents being superior, they have to deal with their army being superior as well. This makes every game with a regular/vet against a newb a crushing defeat as you have superior players commanding superior armies. This could be fixed by alotting new companies 20 PPs or so to start. This is enough for a few t1 resource advantages, or a doctrine ability, or perhaps some extra of a unit for resupply.

(C) Patience: These days, patience is a very rare trait, which is most unfortunate. Newbs can, in some cases, end up waiting 30 minutes to an hour for a game, where they will be helplessly stomped. Due to the increasing rarity in patience, it's no surprise newbs would stop playing quickly. No fix.

(D) Tech problems: Massive amounts of launcher lag and major bugs hurt the overall enjoyment of the game. General stuff that will be fixed but simply hasn't been got around to yet.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc