Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 08:03:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gritty 2v2  (Read 3092 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« on: May 25, 2009, 10:51:17 am »

Mysthalin(Infantry+Airborne) + 31stPanzerGrenadier(Infantry+Infantry)

---------------------------VS------------------------------

IplayforKeeps (Defensive) + Smokaz (Weed)

Intense battle on In Der Hitze - amazingly well played on both sides.
Witness flanking actions, distractions and perfect sync of commanders on both sides.
Luck, strategy, tactics - this game has it all!

Who will win, the combined forces of the allied infantry with support from Airborne, or the feared axis
generals?

Attachment: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=496880

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:01:42 am »

I'd say axis won.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:06:16 am »

He had one more loss after this game. So ...

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:07:17 am »

Mysthalin and pzgr3n played too agressive to allow us to get up a position, and we didn't have any offmaps or veterancy in our 10 > game companies to contend with 50~ companies with reinforcements.

It still was well played by them and their strategy is hard to counter, as its tough to get your counters together while still capping the map when you are pushed back by them sending either waves of infantry or tanks backed up by tons of shock attacks like airborne dropping behind or halftracks unloading shitloads of engineers or rangers. Wehr just cant advance in the same way as americans as their units are too dependant on each other to stray far from each other which means you have to wait up for the slower MG42s and paks.

In this game there's no mortar wars or tactical probing just wave after wave of aggressive attacks to gain a pop advantage and decide the pace of the game. Its not too different from how I play myself and I've never thought it was this hard to deal with.

I still can't get much use out of panthers, you call them in to deal with allies having several shermans or cromwells on the field and when the allies see you have a panther they just pull back to their at guns with the map advantage they gained from the rush. It just doesnt have any damage output, it takes too long to kill a sherman with a panther when you are under fire from rangers, creeping at guns and charging stickies. For 16 pop I still think the panther is one of the hardest units to get something out of in EIR. The PE panther is godly with veterancy though. Also, the stuka sucks and we didn't have enough MG42 as pzgr3n kindly pointed out in vent after game.

gg
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:12:42 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:13:42 pm »

Dunno about you, but for me the panther is the best tank in the game - mine usualy gains 4-6 tank kills and quite a few infie kills before it goes down. Though, if it gets stickied it's rather fucked, yeah...

To be honest, vet did not really win us the game, as our aggresive playstyle pretty much makes sure of it - you go in to win, not to vet up as our units Smiley. The offmaps... 31st didn't use any, as far as I know, and my offmaps were rather useless - one of them got a pak decrewed, the second destroyed a repair bunker, the third IPFK dodged perfectly with his pak, but it still got an MG with a lucky spread shot.

You should have heard me and 31st on vent - was an awesome convo with the attacks.

Honestly, a very good game, watch it.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 08:52:45 pm »

I actually bought and used one off map arty, to facilitate one of our charges. Dropped it on a pak and MG, disorganised them, allowing the advance to suceed.

Reinforcement package didn't do much for me. All I did was get 2 more rangers in terms of availability. That's about it. Like I've mention, I only have 1 PP in my battalion. That is in a vet 2 ranger. The amount of vet 1s I had, is something I can count on one hand... and I can lose a few fingers and still count it.

I would say that we did not use 'conventional' warfare. Suffice to say, there was no line formed. It was just a huge mobile reserve, to counter any advances. I think the lack of familiarity with asymmetrical warfare reduced the fighting efficiency significantly.

The stuka usage was poor, I think its a combination of a lack of 'arty' experience along with ourselves being very used to getting pounded by artillery so we had loose formations.

The nebelwerfer died to sheer bad luck.

The sniper didn't manage to get off as much kill as it should, it made a bad mistake of shooting rangers in an open field, unsupported with a group of rifles 'combing' for him. It could have changed the game for you as at that point in time, we had no counter sniper or jeep.

Wiring off the flanks would have helped you guys a lot to prevent infantry from flanking or a early detection of impending flanks.

If anyone want to try 'new' allied tactics, this video is worth a look.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 06:01:58 am »

yea the lovely arty..why do ppl complain about precision strike when the inf doc arty barrage usually kills much more? hmm

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 07:36:28 am »

probably because you can't dodge precision arty if your units aren't moving in the first place, whereas howitzer off-maps are quite indeed dodgeable. Just watch keeps do it.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:38:04 am »

i failed at life in this game. clearly ive been whoring it to much as allies.

i couldnt disagree with much more you 2 have said either. our teamwork was awful, the stuka wasnt poor it was just fail with its damage. i wasnt defensive, and unless gren is putting spam and blob into a different phraise i dont know. my micro was horrid. I think the only thing i agree with is that the sniper was a simple failure. fairly awful game but i'd love a rematch.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:18:29 pm by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 12:53:12 pm »

I'm all up for a rematch Smiley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc