Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:20:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefly longer reload  (Read 7515 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 06:08:44 pm »

tim and the firefly sitting under a tree, k i s s i n g

I love my firefly <3

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 08:14:54 pm »

poor firefly, the best tank for at for allies is nerfed by relic like a stuffed pig, gets a stupid shot timer increase if something is close to them, and to top that off, for some reason they get about 100 less hp than the other shermans!!!  relics balance!

And it works like a charm, why should we change it?

how does it work like a charm? if for some reason the firefly gets jumped by faster vehicles it is unable to properly defend itself, and i have seen this when i have FF reinformcement, if you are engaging something at long range its good, but somebody can drive a bike or scout car and it effects the rof, even if you not next to it... so ya.  so of you people are just dumb..

relic has the pefect game, good persistency, game play etc, but their stupid stats and buffs to stuff to just make better gameplay is whats killing it.. oh well, at least some people are trying to make it better with their own mods, i dont see eirr as being one of them
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:18:22 pm by Mgallun74 » Logged

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 08:17:55 pm »

poor firefly, the best tank for at for allies is nerfed by relic like a stuffed pig, gets a stupid shot timer increase if something is close to them, and to top that off, for some reason they get about 100 less hp than the other shermans!!!  relics balance!

And it works like a charm, why should we change it?

how does it work like a charm? if for some reason the firefly gets jumped by faster vehicles it is unable to properly defend itself, and i have seen this when i have FF reinformcement, if you are engaging something at long range its good, but somebody can drive a bike or scout car and it effects the rof, even if you not next to it... so ya.  so of you people are just dumb..

No need to throw useless insults.  Have you read the thread? 

I think the rate of fire depends on the distance to your target, so a Stug giving you a hug should not affect your rate of fire unless you target it.

Confirmed later by this:
Edit: And Jack, you're right about the targeting thing. This depends solely on the range of the target to the firefly, irrespective of other units.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »

yea mgallun, the firefly is the allies only long range anti tank that doesn't have infantry in it. It's supposed to be a sniper tank and it's high rof at long range shows just that and thats how you use it. Just because you haven't learned how to utilize it properly doesn't mean it's broken. I dont like piats and never use them that doesn't mean they're broken, cuz i've heard other people say they're OP, it just means i dont like 'em and dont know how to utilize it properly yet.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 08:46:18 pm »

The problem with the Firefly is its priced (and population cost) like a tank, when it is in fact; a mobile (weaker) 17 Pounder.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 09:18:02 pm »

their stupid stats and buffs to stuff to just make better gameplay is whats killing it

Right.... they focus on making the game balanced/fun and that kills it.... ok.

.. oh well, at least some people are trying to make it better with their own mods, i dont see eirr as being one of them

Just like BotB, right? it's so realistic that it's unplayable, that's why EIRR will never try to be a realistic game.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 09:34:11 pm »

hubba bubba
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 10:05:58 pm »

you know, im not even sure why i play brits in the first place.

I think piats suck vs tanks, i only run 1 in my company, i use it to deal with light vehicles.
I don't like FFs too much, i run 2 FFs. they work kind of for me.
I don't like cromwells, i run 0.
I don't like stuarts, I run 0.

I just really like tommies way better than rifles, and brens, and officers. its a love hate kind of thing.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »

:/, Piats suck against light vehicles, they are med/heavy tank destroyers.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 11:11:40 pm »

I'm forcing myself to run 4 fireflys myself, not a bad tank, got my game rolling with Brits now.  I used to run 8 cromwells, man those are such awesome tanks, wish I could trade in the silly Shermans for them.  Sniper infantry tanks with amazing speed and decent/good armor (hull down) for way, way less ammo than a sherman!

But anyway, yeah the firefly has a long reload time, not too bad if you keep it at range, it ever gets mass rushed by tanks and it's doomed, and thankfully a CCT is a pretty decent anti infantry shield for a firefly, so it's not bad for a 14 pop combo, however expensive it might be XD

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 11:33:43 pm »

CCT + Firefly is just under 400 fuel. Not too expensive Wink.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 12:22:07 am »

apparently I'm doing everything wrong  Cheesy
Lutefisk Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 04:54:16 am »

poor firefly, the best tank for at for allies is nerfed by relic like a stuffed pig, gets a stupid shot timer increase if something is close to them, and to top that off, for some reason they get about 100 less hp than the other shermans!!!  relics balance!

*COUGH*Tiger*COUGH**COUGH*

Tine: "I can't help my penis obsession"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc