Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:49:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoutcast 8 submissions - lanteville/Vengance  (Read 24651 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 12:17:40 pm »

You can only get to half the map before spawn artillery hits, that means if you wire/tt it off you'll still give the opponent enough sectors for free...  Roll Eyes And if you defend from the south you can wire/tt and make them bleed on pop instead.
Seeker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 04:31:57 am »

Are the maps restricted to Lanteville and Vengence only? Because we just had a great game on St Come du Mont

Me, Louis and Marine vs HighVelocity, Waffen and StPauli

- ShockCoil
NationalSozialismus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 04:37:43 am »

Poor Leo, got raped by spawn artillery, pretty much didnt get back into it from then on.

Lesson learned:
1. Game needs a much longer response time for spawn artillery, on some maps it's a real bitch and it's ALWAYS the new players getting punished as a result. This is really something that needs adressing in the future. Right now it's pretty much warning ... 5 seconds ... artillery. Way too fast for new players who probably don't even know about the spawn artillery.

2. Map has imbalanced sector layout favoring the south.

3. Tank reapers is gay. New players don't know these kind of abilities exist, they don't understand why their tanks die so fast to AT guns, etc. This is only one of the many reasons why AT reapers (and other abilities) should be scrapped completely.
Remaining stat buffs should probably be 'displayed' better so that new players can grasp the change of game mechanics from vCOH better.

QFT

I play Axis and Allies equally.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 04:46:23 am »

Are the maps restricted to Lanteville and Vengence only? Because we just had a great game on St Come du Mont

Me, Louis and Marine vs HighVelocity, Waffen and StPauli

Post it up i'd love to watch it!

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Seeker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 04:53:28 am »

Post it up i'd love to watch it!
Done  Grin
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:18 am »

Replay Name: Tin Cans

Map Name: St. Lambert

Battle Number: 6378

Participating:

66th Armour (donnieDark)
437th Armour (Killer344)
77th Infantry (ChevalierNoir)

362nd Blitzkrieg (APEX)
120th Blitzkrieg (HighVelocity)
116th Defensive (PaK88Mm)

Description:

After some small probing attacks and a short but heavy bombardment, the allies begin an armoured assault on all flanks. Axis defenses are setup well, but get pushed back steadily by tank attacks. The allied amour spearhead then breaks through the center, but gets cut off due to an axis infantry counterattack on the flank. A climatic heavy armor battle then decides the game.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:17:04 am by Apex » Logged
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:29 am »

Mega.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
Draken5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:43 am »

Teams looks intresting gonna watch it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 09:53:04 am »

That was not fun at all, we had almost no arty, + attacking in St. Lambert = epic fail :/.

Heavy bombardment? lol?

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
ChevalierNoir Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2008, 09:57:20 am »

Apex are you kidding me ? You think that of a good game, or just a chance to boost your ego ?
And all the crap youre writting like heavy bombardment and armored assault on all fronts?
The only arti was my two off maps and mortar vs your mortar spam.
And at what point exactly were you pushed back ?
Climatic heavy armor battle my ass.
Whatever.

I expected more than you.

It was a 1v3 for most part of game, because my two armored teamates were afraid of going in with all the pak spam (who i cant blame). How many was it exactly ?5-6?

I wasnt going to say anything, but as you make a fuss out of it, no way this consists of a good game.

Good games consist of fair teams, for one.
Lets play one and you'll know.

I push my fingers into my eyes..Its the only thing that slowly stops the ache..
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2008, 10:04:09 am »

I knew she would say that. Yes, I might have overrated the allies in that game a little.
ChevalierNoir Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 10:05:11 am »

I guess next time i'll make you mine, i have to post it on the forums bitch :p
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2008, 10:08:06 am »

Make sure to let me know when that happens.
ChevalierNoir Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008, 10:11:46 am »

Sure, im gonna post next time miss.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2008, 10:37:55 am »

North side highly favors defenders.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2008, 11:01:12 am »

Sure, im gonna post next time miss.

Kiss
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 11:21:55 am »

Hardly a fair match APEX. You guys didn't need the defensive advantage on the map. Looking at the team line up, you would have killed them on Abbeville or Bastion anyway.

66th Armour (donnieDark)
437th Armour (Killer344)
77th Infantry (ChevalierNoir) - About the only decent player here?

vs

362nd Blitzkrieg (APEX) - Knows what his doing?
120th Blitzkrieg (HighVelocity) - Has high veterancy
116th Defensive (PaK88Mm) - Has high veterancy

You guys open the match with 5 MGs, 3 Paks, a dual shrek gren... On lambert... if they don' have artillery that is near unbreakable. They didn't have AB, and they were EDIT: NOT aggressive as well.

The next problem with the map is that the forested area which an armoured offensive failed twice... is not suitable for advance. Just lay some wire and when a tank crush/wire cut you know someone's coming through and the trees reduce mobility significantly, offering no real protection.

As for arty... well axis mortars were generally better and there was no howitzer or calliope. Offmap arty didn't do much either.

The attacks by the allies were no coordinated as well. The first armoured offensive took too long to organise, which would have hinted to all of you they were trying something funny and the sherman and croc broke through but no consolidation with infantry? No support at all? One tank down but the MG was cleared.... Infantry could have mopped up the paks really fast.

Killer & Donnie's micro was pretty bad over that with the croc and sherman... though it would be a bit tough given the conditions. Still, could have done better with infantry support. Wasted opportunity at breaching.

As the game goes on, it becomes slightly better with a pershing coming in... except that the pershing did not assist much! There was 2 breakthroughs, which the pershing could have charged in. There was barely any AT holding it back!

Closing to the end, a simple counter attack with kch some gren and about 4 or 5 volks managed to push the allies back completely? One big blob and it couldn't even be countered??? The opponent's skills are EDIT: HARDLY credible mate.

The match would have been much better if it wasn't so one sided.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 12:16:54 pm by 31stPzGren » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2008, 11:24:22 am »

nice write up

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2008, 11:46:15 am »

I remeber that trafic jam with 2 shermans and pershing. That happen if nonone have mic.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2008, 05:55:53 am »

You guys open the match with 5 MGs, 3 Paks, a dual shrek gren... On lambert... if they don' have artillery that is near unbreakable. They didn't have AB, and they were EDIT: NOT aggressive as well.

Go and try it, now, be agressive against those 3 with few arty support attacking on st. lambert and lets see what happens, you will get out-atrittioned in 10 minutes.

The next problem with the map is that the forested area which an armoured offensive failed twice... is not suitable for advance. Just lay some wire and when a tank crush/wire cut you know someone's coming through and the trees reduce mobility significantly, offering no real protection.

What would you have done? rushed the city with the pak spam + ferocity  schrecks lol?

Killer & Donnie's micro was pretty bad over that with the croc and sherman... though it would be a bit tough given the conditions. Still, could have done better with infantry support. Wasted opportunity at breaching.

See our pop cap before saying "they could have done better with infantry support".

As the game goes on, it becomes slightly better with a pershing coming in... except that the pershing did not assist much! There was 2 breakthroughs, which the pershing could have charged in. There was barely any AT holding it back!

wtf man... we couldn´t know what they had .. would you send a pershing and some rifles into the fog of war just like that?

Closing to the end, a simple counter attack with kch some gren and about 4 or 5 volks managed to push the allies back completely? One big blob and it couldn't even be countered??? The opponent's skills are EDIT: HARDLY credible mate.

LOL

Nearly 120 pop cap vs around 60, sure, it´s so easy to counter...especially with vet 3 kchs...  and what about the 2 tigers, why didn´t you count them?

*note to myself, ask Donnie if he´s using his calli company for the next time, and never play st lambert again if I´m attacking lol.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:04:59 am by Killer344 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc