Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:33:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE Marder 3  (Read 8218 times)
kainhall Offline
EIR Regular

« on: November 29, 2010, 05:44:35 pm »

well, first thing is i have not confirmed this. its mroe of a theroy becaue its happened a bit, but not a lot.
and i cant spell so jsut ask if you cnat figure it out. and im dislitcic so.... again ask

1. marder 3 is the main battle tank of the PE, but in real life its was a tank hunter. thsi means it had few to no HE rounds. but my rangers and rifles fall to it like flys to a fly swater. it should have hte splash dammage removed and a HE round upgrade added that gives it back. 

2. they out shoot everything including my 57mm at guns. thats jsut bull. the dissadvantegs of a AT gun are so many im not going ot list them. the only thing a at guns does it take out tanks at distance. but when a marder outs shoots my at gun what cna i do? NOTHING on both sides should be able to out shoot an AT gun 57mm or pak 40. fix- reduce range to at gun gets atlest a shot off before it shoots at it.

3. lock down makes them hard to kill. i have heard of people circle strafing with m10s but gettign that clsoe is a pain in my arse becasue tehy fire like a 40mm bofors AKA fast for a AT gun. fix- the lock down ability should be a upgrade that costs some munition. i would say not under 30 and not over 90. so like 70 munitions.

anyway. if their is anythign you see that is jsut my fault or random dumb luck. let me know thnaks
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:46:06 pm »

Uhh... The Marder has almost no splash damage. It has less splash damage than normal ATGs

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 05:47:21 pm »

I think this guy mistook an IST for a marder...

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 05:48:53 pm »

well, first thing is i have not confirmed this. its mroe of a theroy becaue its happened a bit, but not a lot.
and i cant spell so jsut ask if you cnat figure it out. and im dislitcic so.... again ask

1. marder 3 is the main battle tank of the PE, but in real life its was a tank hunter. thsi means it had few to no HE rounds. but my rangers and rifles fall to it like flys to a fly swater. it should have hte splash dammage removed and a HE round upgrade added that gives it back.  

2. they out shoot everything including my 57mm at guns. thats jsut bull. the dissadvantegs of a AT gun are so many im not going ot list them. the only thing a at guns does it take out tanks at distance. but when a marder outs shoots my at gun what cna i do? NOTHING on both sides should be able to out shoot an AT gun 57mm or pak 40. fix- reduce range to at gun gets atlest a shot off before it shoots at it.

3. lock down makes them hard to kill. i have heard of people circle strafing with m10s but gettign that clsoe is a pain in my arse becasue tehy fire like a 40mm bofors AKA fast for a AT gun. fix- the lock down ability should be a upgrade that costs some munition. i would say not under 30 and not over 90. so like 70 munitions.

anyway. if their is anythign you see that is jsut my fault or random dumb luck. let me know thnaks

1. It has no splash, just lockdown gives it good accuracy and will hit inf from time to time.

2. not sure they have better range, just focus fire into the FOW and hope you scatter into atgs

3. Don't use m10's use m8s there fast hard to hit and have dodge. 2 m8s will win every time

I think this guy mistook an IST for a marder...

just re read, your probably right the IST is a P4 variant.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
TheLastArmada Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:49:44 pm »

marders fail vs ATG's
Atgs out snipe marders with higher acc, give your atgs' the sight with some expenable inf and the marder is toast

Again marders have next to no splash , they occasionally will hit a single man in a squad

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 07:45:11 pm »

You should try looking at the statistics sometime, before making a balance post, because basically none of what you said is true. The Marder has the smallest splash of basically anything in the entire game. It is hard for a Marder to outshoot an ATG except in the luckiest of situations, because both will kill each other in three hits but ATGs have a significantly higher chance of hitting the Marder than it does of hitting them. Marders also fire slower than all ATGs do, even when locked down.

So... all of your theories could have easily been disproven by just checking the stats.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »

Stats are not easy to interpretate when your new to the game.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 08:12:55 pm »

I disagree, generally the first thing I do when picking up an RTS is find whatever source for the stats I can and then spend some time reading them. If not all of them, most of them. And always reread the relevant ones before making a big balance thread. There is even a sticky in the forum where this was posted that tells you how to understand stats. In the time it took for him to make his post he could easily have found out that Marder splash is nonexistent, and that the RoF is slower than ATGs. The only thing that might confuse him being a new player is the fact that ATGs will hit a Marder significantly more than it will hit an ATG 'cause of how scatter works, which is not represented in simple accuracy stats.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:18:17 pm by Artekas » Logged
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 01:22:44 am »

at guns seem to hit infantry more often than marader...every now and then I see my marader with 1 inf kill,but regulary I see my inf killed by 57/6pdr...
kainhall Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »

sigh.......thsi is why i said if you see anything that i messed up then tell me.
the first posts were nice. the m8's and all.

then i jsut got into a one little 2 little 3 little trolls. mabey thsi si why we dont have a big community.

and a link to teh stats would be nice please. i dod not know that exested. thanks trolls
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 02:42:44 pm »

If you have nothing to add, don't post. Even if you may be right that this balance thread holds very little truth, still doesn't mean you get the right to troll it. Thread cleaned.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:23 pm »

As said Marder has next to no splash damage, and when its firing on yoru atg you turn it into the direction, they have the same range.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »

and a link to teh stats would be nice please. i dod not know that exested. thanks trolls

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=14995.0

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
kainhall Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 04:37:41 pm »

thanks mod.

ya, i played a game right after i made this post (the one i made few hours before this won was in school----shity sonicwall blocker!!!! had no time) so. i killed 2 at half tracks and 3 marders with 3 m10's

then came 3 panthers and we got repaed becaue i called in 2 AT guns and only one came...........

still seems like germany gets some good crap and lsot of it. 3 or 4 panthers is a little mutch! but i dont care, at gusn own them.

again, a link to the stats sheat would be nice! thanks
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 05:06:30 pm »

killer344 just gave you the link.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 05:26:04 pm »

kainhail. i totally disagre with you, number one reason, marder are weak as shit. 3 atg shots and its down, about 60% of the time my marders miss hiting atgs and the atgs get em first, on top of that, once a tank reaches a certain range it can easily circle strafe it, and the marder is done becuase it turns soo slowly. its not OP at all

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 05:30:17 pm »

Im so glad you guys added in the 50mm

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 06:51:37 pm »

Read his post, he mistook an IST for a marder.

With Courage shall we Rise,
With Might shall we Fight,
With Glory shall we Stand,
With Honor shall we Falter,
For the Fatherland shall we Prevail.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »

Read his post, he mistook an IST for a marder.

But what he's describing sure sounds like a Marder.. How are 2 M10s taken out by a single IST, and hw does it 'out shoot' an ATG?

Unless he's had bad experiences with both a Marder and an IST and is somehow combining the two in his mind.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »

1. marder 3 is the main battle tank of the PE, but in real life its was a tank hunter. thsi means it had few to no HE rounds. but my rangers and rifles fall to it like flys to a fly swater.

3. lock down makes them hard to kill. i have heard of people circle strafing with m10s but gettign that clsoe is a pain in my arse becasue tehy fire like a 40mm bofors AKA fast for a AT gun.

Does that sound like a marder to you?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc