Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:36:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [AB] Supply Crate  (Read 5209 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 29, 2014, 07:46:37 pm »

Seriously, these things are bloody fiddly to use.

The weapons you get in them are amazing, honestly, i love airborne with some sexy Thompsons, as I'm sure ice does too. It's the point where the crate drops, you open it up, then have to struggle to pickup the weapons, as it ain't exactly easy to click on them. God forbid if you had a smaller screen too. It becomes time consuming and dull when you have most of your squads have it.

It's literally getting upgrades in the middle of your game for your company. I already did it in the launcher. I shouldn't have to dick around trying to use them when more important stuff is going down, like playing the game.

Proposal? Either remove it and replace it, or just give the relative weapons as an upgrade in the launcher.   
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:56:24 pm »

The beauty of it tho is you can put it on any squad at anytime.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:13:03 pm »

Quite sure the entire idea was to allow for flexibility mid game, if the choices are pre-made then that removes the entire idea.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

yah i find it really helpfull when someone drops them so i can put them on tommies and throw them in a bren carrier :l

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:26:48 pm »

Yeah man you can get like thompson marines with it

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 08:30:50 pm »

Yeah man you can get like thompson marines with it
Not that much of an upgrade, Garand/Carbine to Thompson >>>>> Springfield (Kar98) to thompson.

AB's are pretty thought dudes if you haven't noticed.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »

It helps massively if you move the squad just a bit off the dropped weapon, as opening the crate puts the weapons at the squad's feet. Much easier to pick them up when you've moved off them.

Same thing applies for any other item you crack out of a crate, such as FJ medkits.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 08:44:26 pm »

Not that much of an upgrade, Garand/Carbine to Thompson >>>>> Springfield (Kar98) to thompson.

AB's are pretty thought dudes if you haven't noticed.

ab dont get smoke nades
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 09:05:49 pm »

idk Airborne die pretty damn fast for me. feel like rifleman but with different upgrades.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 09:08:59 pm »

idk Airborne die pretty damn fast for me. feel like rifleman but with different upgrades.
ab moving are a pain. Ab standing still are volks essentially.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 09:23:07 pm »

I think that with AB riflemen now having AB armor, costing less manpower, having lower XP requirements and the fact that you don't have wait and pick up the weapons manually makes AB riflemen with BARs far superior. The LMG and Thompsons, while fun, aren't as effective as simply getting riflemen with BARs (suppression fire can be a game changer against all the Panzer Grenadier hordes that some players like to field). The bazookas are good though.

I think it would be a lot easier if you could just purchase the upgrades from the launcher, because the flexibility, while nice, is too much of a hassle, many times when you drop AB you need them to be combat ready the moment that they drop since you may want to drop them on the flanks to capture territory and place mines, or maybe even behind enemy lines.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 09:34:40 pm »

ab moving are a pain. Ab standing still are volks essentially.
Corps, go check the health of an AB soldier, then check the health of a volk... Then apaologize to my braincells, no offense but that's pony level stat abuse.

No actually, has ANYONE here EVER actually checked the target tables for small arms VS airborne armor? Just, take a second and go look at the Stormtrooper_Kar98 (gren, storm weapon), check target table, check airborne armor, notice anything? Notice how ariborne armor is FLAT OUT BETTER better than motherfucking soldier armor vs a lot of small arms if you're moving and is EVEN with it if you're standing still?

Airborne Armor = Assault Armor

/frustration
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:44:11 pm by nikomas » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 09:46:54 pm »

Armor better yes, hp no.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:59 pm »

I physically facepalmed... No, I'm sure 70 health (Highest health of any allied non-reward/officer inf) is totally what the volks have.

Look, I don't necessarily get pissed when people have it wrong, I get pissed when people pretend like they've looked it up/used corsix and "Know" something even if it's wrong, then try to defend that position when they've got either no stats to back it up or those stats are clearly wrong.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:06:22 pm by nikomas » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 10:02:26 pm »

Let me make this simpler, Airborne troops even while standing still are tougher than grenadiers vs small arms, moving it's night and day.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

I physically facepalmed... No, I'm sure 70 health (Highest health of any allied non-reward/officer inf) is totally what the volks have.

Look, I don't necessarily get pissed when people have it wrong, I get pissed when people pretend like they've looked it up/used corsix and "Know" something even if it's wrong, then try to defend that position when they've got either no stats to back it up or those stats are clearly wrong.
1. I dont access to corsix atm (at work).

2. Admittedly haven't check AB stats in awhile.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 10:20:04 pm »

Well... please don't assume so much, is all I'm asking. The only reason people don't notice airborne so much is because the carbines are pretty bad, if airborne had better weapons or marine springfields they'd be cleaning house vs basic inf. Hell, even garand AB should be able to take out grenadiers given they're all nilla and should butcher volks.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:34 pm »

Let me make this simpler, Airborne troops even while standing still are tougher than grenadiers vs small arms, moving it's night and day.

Okay so they can take some abuse vs small arms, who actually uses airborne to fight infantry?!?.

I use airborne for fighting tanks, carbines are piss for fighting.

even the Top t4(death from above) is really silly. the fact i need to pay a T4 for airborne to be on par dps to rifleman is stupid. and then i also have to be in enemy territory to get the other benefit from that Tier.

only thing worthwhile was Ab dropping quickly and even that was nerfed.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 10:46:42 pm »

I used them to fight inf back earlier, if riflemen with grenades can take on grenadiers airborne sure as hell can, what with being able to take 50% more small arms punishment and that's without counting the 25% rec acc while moving, something INCREDIBLY helpful with short range weapons like american rifles tend to be. With garands and enemy territory buffs you're doing something wrong if you can't beat Grenadiers/basic PG's.

As for the main topic that you seem to have ignored an airborne dude with a thompson is tougher and just as lethal as a ranger with a thompson.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:53:39 pm by nikomas » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:36 pm »

Well... please don't assume so much, is all I'm asking. The only reason people don't notice airborne so much is because the carbines are pretty bad, if airborne had better weapons or marine springfields they'd be cleaning house vs basic inf. Hell, even garand AB should be able to take out grenadiers given they're all nilla and should butcher volks.
yeh my bad on the assumption part. Tho I do rec all someone stating as fact that AB inf were identical to nilla rifles bar the AB armor and para ability.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc