Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:03:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do the Allies have that's better than the Axis?  (Read 55214 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 07:58:38 pm »

There's varying degrees of vanity, however. Yours easily falls within what one would refer to as an extreme : and I personally find it amusing you assume that a person is ignorant of vanity if they do not want to take up such an extreme as yours. Would expect better understanding of how people operate from somebody who claims to be as socially fluent as yourself.

As smokaz would put it :
Son, I am dissapoint.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »

It's best just not to reply Myst. I know it's tempting, but even if you got him in a vice like death grip of truth he'd still pick on your spelling mistakes to achieve some small measure of victory. just let it slide

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 08:02:32 pm »

Mysthalin, you're not so oblivious as you put on. You either have to realize your as extremely vain as the next guy out there, or you have to realize that no one is going to allow you to write your own reviews of yourself. You're just not that good of a salesmen haha.

You're as vain as they come, and it's nothing to be ashamed about. The second you try half as hard to defend yourself as you do, the second you are only reinforcing your vanity.

You should try being more like me - I don't even try to pretend i'm not self-important because it doesn't matter. Whether or true it's not is irrelevant. It's all a game.

Oh you would be so liberated if only you started figuring things out faster. Tongue

-Wind
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:08:17 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 08:03:20 pm »

It's best just not to reply Myst. I know it's tempting, but even if you got him in a vice like death grip of truth he'd still pick on your spelling mistakes to achieve some small measure of victory. just let it slide

I've never done that. Not even once.

Don't make up narratives just because you got spanked for knowing nothing about North Korea.  Tongue

-Wind
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 08:03:24 pm »

rename: What does WindQQMary have that's better than Myst

Cheesy lololol

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

+1
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 08:13:05 pm »

Quote from: Wind
Mysthalin, you're not so oblivious as you put on. You either have to realize your as extremely vain as the next guy out there, or you have to realize that no one is going to allow you to write your own reviews of yourself

Quote from: Top 20 logical fallacies
False Dichotomy
Arbitrarily reducing a set of many possibilities to only two
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 08:18:11 pm »

M10/M18 > StuG
Firefly > Panther
Greyhound/T17/Staghound > Puma/Puma 50mm/Hotchkiss
Sherman Upgun > P4
US grenades > Axis grenades
Quad > Flammenwerfer HT

just a few things off the top of my head.
This is pretty much what Axis players have been saying since the beginning of time. There's always been discrepancies between the factions like this, and Allies usually have the upper hand because of it. While I agree whole-heartedly, what makes it more of a issue now than before?

Quote from: Smokaz
when you play as axis there's nothing you're more jealous of than button and vet 2 stickies.
Button and Sticky are bullshit, simple as that. The fact that any single Allied basic infantry squad can virtually guarantee the demise of any Axis vehicle is, and has always been and issue. Simple changes could easily be made to make them less like an I WIN ability, and more like something that's actually balanced to play with/against.
But the only real Allied reply to these claims is "lol if you let Rifles get that close to your tank then you need to l2p"

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 08:18:14 pm »

It's only a false dichotomy if there is a third, fourth, or a thousandth viable option for a reasonable person, and thus the two choices presented are completely arbitrary when so many other reasonable variables are possible.

The only third option is the one I mentioned, and even then I gave you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't possible: the one that  you are oblivious, which given that I hold so much more faith in you than that... you hopefully cannot be.

It works because there are two possibilities in your defence, weak as it is. IT is either intentional, hoping you are dealing with fools who can't figure out what's going on, or unintentional. You are self aware to realize that you are vain which means you are either intentionally or unintentionally trying to deceive. And if it's intentional, you're very bad at it. And if it's unintentional, well, you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that could work. And since I don't think you're an idiot, in fact I find you very thoughtful, it's most likely the first one. Which just makes you a bad salesman and not a bad brain.

With that being said, we must be passing the 3rd of 4th instance now of you misusing fallacies on these forums. I could start up a full time job following you around to prevent the abuse haha.

-Wind
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:24:06 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 08:19:32 pm »

This is pretty much what Axis players have been saying since the beginning of time. There's always been discrepancies between the factions like this, and Allies usually have the upper hand because of it. While I agree whole-heartedly, what makes it more of a issue now than before?
Button and Sticky are bullshit, simple as that. The fact that any single Allied basic infantry squad can virtually guarantee the demise of any Axis vehicle is, and has always been and issue. Simple changes could easily be made to make them less like an I WIN ability, and more like something that's actually balanced to play with/against.
But the only real Allied reply to these claims is "lol if you let Rifles get that close to your tank then you need to l2p"

I agree with the point on Button.

Realistically there is no reason why a tank should be unable to move just because it's vision slits have been bombarded by weapon fire. At best they would be unable to fire with the least bit of accuracy, but there is nothing stopping them from hitting the gas in any direction.

It makes no sense and is poor gameplay.

-Wind
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:22:23 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 08:21:03 pm »

Isn't it fun, Myst? Just wait until he wants to have a rap battle with you in vent or something.

Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 08:21:41 pm »

Isn't it fun, Myst? Just wait until he wants to have a rap battle with you in vent or something.

that would be worse than Einstein rapping about physics
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 08:26:46 pm »

Einstein would probably be able to unleash an awesome rap about Physics in his day. The guy was a celebrity in more ways than one that's for sure.

But that's neither here nor there I guess hahaha.

-Wind
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 08:43:51 pm »

It's only a false dichotomy if there is a third, fourth, or a thousandth viable option for a reasonable person, and thus the two choices presented are completely arbitrary when so many other reasonable variables are possible.

And there are. For instance, a person can be moderately vain. Or slightly vain. Or extremely vain. There are also variables in how much this vanity is expressed. You are reducing the entire spectrum to either "Be extremely vain and flaunt it" or "Have no vanity whatsoever but don't dare ever speak, because that's vanity at work".

Hence, false dichotomy.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 08:55:30 pm »

An honest reply to the original post:

-All choices are my personal opinion about what units are better with allies. (some choices may not be listed)-
*EDIT* The purpose of my post is to try and be like the late Billy Mays and sell you this faction for only 19.99The purpose of my post is to try and be like the late Billy Mays and sell you this faction for only 19.99

By doctrines (will not mention airborne doctrine due to its absence in the mod atm)

INFANTRY:
Howitzer: The howitzer fires very powerful 105 shots and although its practicality may be arguable, its sheer firepower is indisputable. 105 shells can damage tanks as well as turn infantry into mashed potatoes. If used in conjunction with button*, these babies can even rape the snot out of jagpanzers.

Triage: The triage is amazing. You can retreat an AT gun back to the triage and heal the crew and the armor. This unlock is really important with the use of rangers.

Rangers: Rangers are awesome! They can fireup and have very powerful armor. These biotches can engage in close quarters with thompsons and rape the snot out of axis infantry. They are also useful with their bazookas, especially against PE.

American officer: Great for its buffs. Wonderful if you use lots of rangers and happen to have a triage nearby. Dropping smoke can pave the way for extremely successful flamethrower ambushes which can clear out mg42s, paks, and other infantry.

Saturation artillery: The american faction's answer to the V1, very powerful and fun to play with.
Sherman jumbo: great for players who use tanks for infantry support and not necessarily vs other tanks (except PE), it's heavier armor, however, allows for easier engagements against axis tanks.

ARMOR:
Doctrine choices. HVAP isn't quite as disgusting as everyone had originally anticipated, but it is extremely useful for medium armor spam companies. HVAP allows for players to spam m10s, hellcats, and even shermans will greater effectiveness, especially against PE.

Pershing: very powerful heavy tank that benefits heavily from doctrine unlocks imo.

m8: These little devils can be blobbed and have .50 machine guns, which are great at suppressing infantry, a decent main gun that can tackle p4s, stugs, and even panthers if used carefully. These devils can also plant mines and capture and hold territory with the right doctrine buffs.

Assault Engineers: description n/a

Calliope: great indirect fire weapon that causes many axis players to quake in their boots. works well with that tier 1 unlock that lets you see enemy support crews.

t17: see m8, similar in playstyle

That's all I feel like listing. This is not a rage post, just an honest opinion.

*button comment implies teamwork with brits
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:10:37 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 08:59:31 pm »

You are reducing the entire spectrum to either "Be extremely vain and flaunt it" or "Have no vanity whatsoever but don't dare ever speak, because that's vanity at work".

Actually since the two options were not in reference to reducing the spectrum of how vain you could be, but  rather in figuring out the nature of your motivations to conceal your vanity as either "intentional" or "unintentional", you have once again, admirably but woefully inadequately, abused and misused the term fallacy. But I'm not here to deride you for trying, because god knows we need more people in this world who have the courage to try out things they aren't 100% familiar with... but well, someone needs to help you out haha.

In the same way that you made an arbitrary and unsupported dissertation that one person is "extremely vain", your opponent took the same liberty and equally arbitrarily labeled you as extremely vain. Doesn't it suck when people do that?! Then, he examined the two explanations for your attempt to try and cast yourself as anything but. Either as a knowing, if clumsy, attempt to hope that you could get away with it. Or as an oblivious, and even more sad, lack of realization of what you were doing. The former being the lesser of two incompetencies that you could be guilty of.

Silly Myst, trix are for kids!

-Wind
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:04:40 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 09:01:00 pm »

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:46 pm »

Whats with all the essays? Seems some peeps really love to read their own shit. Moar less thoughful posts plz.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 09:07:18 pm »

Whats with all the essays? Seems some peeps really love to read their own shit. Moar less thoughful posts plz.

I thought 3rd Condor's post was pretty good actually.

I think we need more posts like that, not less.

Maybe less of me teasing Myst, sure even I can agree to that, but definitely not less of good posts like Condor's (and Smokaz' in the other thread).

-Wind
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 09:09:46 pm »

I thought 3rd Condor's post was pretty good actually.

I think we need more posts like that, not less.

Maybe less of me teasing Myst, sure even I can agree to that, but definitely not less of good posts like Condor's (and Smokaz' in the other thread).

-Wind

Thanks wind Cheesy i'm trying to sell the Allied faction to ppl cuz it's my favorite to play as atm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc