Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:19:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Officer  (Read 6017 times)
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« on: February 06, 2011, 11:21:33 am »

Can anyone explain why the armor for the Officer was changed? I fail to see what the point of it was.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:31:44 am »

Tbh u also fail to keep ur lil sausage fingers away from the keyboard.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:48 pm »

Can anyone explain why the armor for the Officer was changed? I fail to see what the point of it was.

i never understood either, all the other officers get heroic armor, at least give it soldier armor or something. its supposed to be an assault officer and it died too easily already

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »

Ugh, they don't have heroic armor, they have heroic critical (like the US officer still has), we changed it from elite to infantry to stop them from being used to roll over unupgraded squads.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:07:17 pm »

He's NOT supposed to be a one-man ranger squad lol.

To be fair, he's still essentially 2 ranger guys in one, what with the passive regen. If anything, he should get nerfed even further.

Also, the two officers (Lieut and Capt) that have heroic armour also have half the HP of the US officer.

RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:08:49 pm »

He's NOT supposed to be a one-man ranger squad lol.

To be fair, he's still essentially 2 ranger guys in one, what with the passive regen. If anything, he should get nerfed even further.

Also, the two officers (Lieut and Capt) that have heroic armour also have half the HP of the US officer.
and dont have tomphsons

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 12:40:25 pm »

Tbh u also fail to keep ur lil sausage fingers away from the keyboard.

Dude, get it right, my fingers are macaroni, not sausage.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 01:22:14 pm »

Wasnt the US Officer recently nerfed, by changing his rape weapon ?
Should just make its offensive abilities weaker if he is too strong, but keep the survivabilty high, imo.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »

ummm... he still has 140HP and heroic critical?
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 02:07:01 pm »

elite armor > infantry armor ?

Gives you the ability to keep him alive better, last patch when I played US the only problem was US officer raping units up close, that was recently changed I assume then.
His offensive power was a problem and fixed. His defensive power was no balance problem and this change not nessecary and is the wrong change to make if the problem lies in his gun being to effective.
Depends as well if you want to design the 'offensive front line' officer that he must be able to kill things but must not live long enough so he can kill too much, I guess thats the idea behind it.
I personally prefered to see him being weaker in killing, but more effective is staying alive so you can still use him on the front line but is able to survive longer so you dont have to buy too many officers.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 02:11:32 pm »

Yea, I've played against officer spam and I must say it is a bit over the top. At first they weakened his gun, then they added a hard cap, now they are trying to rebalanced its survivability.

Bottom line, should it be an assault officer or a support officer? The current changes make it more support oriented. It still is a very powerful unit with its smoke call in; and given the fact that it is a smoke call in that seems to reinforce the idea that it is support oriented officer. The problem is trying to establish a solution that prevents spam but at the same time makes the unit cost effective/useful. I've played with the changes, it seems fine to me; I still get what I need out of the officer and with the T4 it gets amazing command buffs.

PQ

edit: I had no problems keeping him alive Skaffa...Just use him like you would a LT. He still has 140 HP as others have pointed out; enough to take a tank shell and walk away. He also cant be sniped.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:13:21 pm by pqumsieh » Logged

Common sense is not so common after all.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »

edit: I had no problems keeping him alive Skaffa...Just use him like you would a LT. He still has 140 HP as others have pointed out; enough to take a tank shell and walk away. He also cant be sniped.

and he dose not get suppressed so you can use him to take out saturaion minefeilds with quite ease.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »

also was healing super fast
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 02:58:57 pm »

Yea, I've played against officer spam and I must say it is a bit over the top. At first they weakened his gun, then they added a hard cap, now they are trying to rebalanced its survivability.

Bottom line, should it be an assault officer or a support officer? The current changes make it more support oriented. It still is a very powerful unit with its smoke call in; and given the fact that it is a smoke call in that seems to reinforce the idea that it is support oriented officer. The problem is trying to establish a solution that prevents spam but at the same time makes the unit cost effective/useful. I've played with the changes, it seems fine to me; I still get what I need out of the officer and with the T4 it gets amazing command buffs.

PQ

Good post, agree. With the T4 you can keep him a bit further away as well. The armor change makes him worse up close in range of enemy infantry etc. so just have to keep him further away now. You could first rush in with officer plus inf, I guess its more dangerous now and he gets killed quite fast. With the range increase in the T4 it should be good to do that, keep him further away so he is safer. If it can still survive tank shots like before then its pretty good, because thats important imo.
So gotta keep him further away/out of danger, altho then its smg and the 'frontline' role doesnt really add up.

edit: So rushing it up point blank to the enemy like bfore to make him help fight/kill enemy is prolly not a good idea anymore because it will get focus fired right away and die a lot faster.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:22:48 pm by skaffa » Logged
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »

and dont have tomphsons

The LT have sten.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »

The LT have sten.
is it the same?
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 03:57:00 pm »

is it the same?

the sten is just as good as the thompson, but the british are more reliant on the command bonus.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »

PE infantry cannot successfully kill the officers, try it yourself, no matter how many you stack up against a officer, say 3 pzgren sqauds, or 2 flammen squads or 2 assault squads, they cannot kill the officers. only way is to kill them is by a IST. something is wrong

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »

Wait, if the Officer was too powerful the why not just hardcap him to 2 or so and give him a different weapon?
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 10:09:35 pm »

He's already hard capped at 3 and has a gun that is only effective at short range, so if you want to risk running him in rambo style into combat then you run the risk of losing him and his buff. Like it was said before in this thread, now he can't successfully beat 2-3 squads of Pgrens on his own.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc