Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:52:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott EA?  (Read 9672 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:32 pm »

My money usually likes to stay in my pocket  Grin
I am not rich enough to buy cheap! So yea,I try to buy nice stuff when I can. Atm,even though I have around 1000$ lying around,I have more important stuff to buy than games.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:50 pm »

EA hasn't made anything in a long time that i really wanted, so i guess i have been technically boycotting them.

But instead of 'boycotting' anyone i believe your money is better served supporting indy games.

You can do both, lol?

In fact they fit together. Not buying games form one source leaves more money to be spent somewhere else...

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 02:17:28 pm »

People would be crazy to have NOT at least thought about boycotting EA.

The only game I've bought from them in the past sheesh, now that I think of it, I bought BF3 and before that I bought BF2, and I think those are the only games I've bought from them in the past what... 7 years?

Also I agree, best way to boycott EA is to support its competitors!

Also I HATE EA for buying out Bullfrog Productions, then never continuing the Dungeon Keeper series total assholes for that. That Dungeons game sucks and no ones made a mod comparable to DK for anything as far as I know.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 03:59:24 pm »

You guys realize EA is mostly a publisher and unless you are referring to EA Sports most games are made by subsidiary studies purchased by EA. For example, Bioware, BlackBox, Pop Cap, etc.

I'm just pointing out the difference between the Publisher and Developer; its something that I find most people don't really understand or appreciate.

Common sense is not so common after all.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

You guys realize EA is mostly a publisher and unless you are referring to EA Sports most games are made by subsidiary studies purchased by EA. For example, Bioware, BlackBox, Pop Cap, etc.

I'm just pointing out the difference between the Publisher and Developer; its something that I find most people don't really understand or appreciate.

This, though it could be argued that it's EA's business philosophy that is pushing developers to release unfinished games and milk consumers with DLCs.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »

Its more likely the cost of production and the breakdown of the current business model that is causing the issues with product quality. Production is going into the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars for AAA titles. The business of games is transforming, which has led to a number of issues over the last 10 years.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 04:54:58 pm »

This, though it could be argued that it's EA's business philosophy that is pushing developers to release unfinished games and milk consumers with DLCs.
This.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 04:57:51 pm »

It wasn't the fact that they just ruined Westwood, westwood actually became EA West Coast. Most of the people who started it were from Westwood. C&C became the enemy.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

Ever heard of executive meddling lol?

If EA would just let the developers do what they want it wouldn't be a problem, but no that just won't do with EA!

Ever had a boss that likes to lean over your shoulder all day long and tell you exactly how to do your job?
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 05:25:56 pm »

Almost every publisher is like that though Sach. When you have millions of dollars invested in a game, you get to "meddle" a bit.
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »

Ever heard of executive meddling lol?

If EA would just let the developers do what they want it wouldn't be a problem, but no that just won't do with EA!

Ever had a boss that likes to lean over your shoulder all day long and tell you exactly how to do your job?

Also considering that the boss will tell you when he needs your work done and doesn't care if you have to cut corners just to finish it.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:01 pm »

Almost every publisher is like that though Sach. When you have millions of dollars invested in a game, you get to "meddle" a bit.

EA does this on a whole different level bro.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 12:53:32 am »

I don't think you understand that when EA owns said companies it makes it both developer and producer. Just like crush is another name for coke just because they divide it into different divisions or keep the name of the bought out company at the end of the day its still EA.

They just know people are more ready to pay for an RPG stamped with the Bioware symbol then with an EA one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:55:36 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 01:16:56 am »

Ubisoft is another company that I consider boycotting...

Not only is their DRM amongst the worst in the industry, their attitude is also spiteful and they hold PC-gamers with contempt. In contrast to the moneygrubbing of EA they're "just" douchebags.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:47 am »

Ubisoft is another company that I consider boycotting...

Not only is their DRM amongst the worst in the industry, their attitude is also spiteful and they hold PC-gamers with contempt. In contrast to the moneygrubbing of EA they're "just" douchebags.

I got to agree that Ubisoft has taken a turn to the worse but their general games are still something worth playing...except...eh maybe not Silent Hunter 5. I still prefer 3rd and their Airsims are still pretty good.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 04:25:41 am »

Play game of thrones, great game.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 04:54:55 am »

There's a game of thrones video game aswell.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:38 am »

Two, in fact.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc