Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:05:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerning Wipe  (Read 7693 times)
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 09, 2015, 07:00:30 am »

Not sure if its known or not so just gonna list a few things people have noticed are going a little tits up in launcher (or some may even be intentional not sure).

- You can still select Doctrine Unlocks and apply them even though priced 999 (not sure if this was intended)
- Reward cards and gold hasn't been wiped
- In a game yesterday someone managed to get a M5 AT Gun reward unit on axis and was able to field it.

If any or all of this is old news feel free to delete the post yadda yadda. Intended to let you know, not picking at issues with the wipe its self.

SnoOp: Hey Undead No one likes you k?

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 09:34:17 am »

Yeh some players have acess to super heavies already, and its really game breaking.

Facing a JT without 17pdrs is not a fun time.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
AlphaTIG Offline
The actual account of AlphaTIG
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 09:40:15 am »

sometimes with the creation of a company you get a free reward unit, the faction doesnt matter. i for example have a support gren in an amored coy. like wtf?

GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 10:28:40 pm »

in my opinion all reward units and war map should be locked as well for balance test

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:03:14 am »

We need to balance the reward units in dis enviroment aswell right?

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Walkin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 06:38:25 pm »

We need to balance the reward units in dis enviroment aswell right?
It makes sense to balance vanilla units first, then doctrinal unlocks, then reward units.

It'd make sense to disable the warmap, advantages, and reward cards for now, too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:05:57 pm by Walkin » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

I like how WM/CW can heal, and US/PE can just sit there and suck it  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:24:35 pm »

Couple more issues just cropped up.

- If you attempted to delete your own company, it crashes launcher, doesnt delete the coy but removes the entire unit roster when you log back in and try to access your company page.

- When trying to place a FJ sniper into a company from the unit roster it instantly locks the roster and doesnt allow any more units of any kind to be placed in your coy (not sure if this happens with any other units)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 09:42:06 pm »

Gj scotz, FSJ sniper prolly still on the reward unit roster Tongue
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 01:23:05 am »

Gj scotz, FSJ sniper prolly still on the reward unit roster Tongue
it is, as WM players have used em
AlphaTIG Offline
The actual account of AlphaTIG
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 01:52:04 am »

breaking stuff is more easy than fixing it :3

still cant delete companies and fjs marksmen reward cards havent worked for months for what i know.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 04:27:11 am »

I love how you guys just go against the idea of testing base units and try to get a foot up on people by being sneaky and trying to unlock shit and then it breaks your launcher.

You guys are rebels.

But seriously. Can we just do what the next 3 or 4 weeks is intended for and just test base units. Instead of getting me to fix your failed workarounds?

I know i'm supposed to make it so you don't have any work around, but the launcher is limited in condition of working and it's fragile.
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 05:48:54 am »

I love how you guys just go against the idea of testing base units and try to get a foot up on people by being sneaky and trying to unlock shit and then it breaks your launcher.

You guys are rebels.

But seriously. Can we just do what the next 3 or 4 weeks is intended for and just test base units. Instead of getting me to fix your failed workarounds?

I know i'm supposed to make it so you don't have any work around, but the launcher is limited in condition of working and it's fragile.

All I have been doing is noting things I have noticed are not working or have been working "oddly" its far better me making a post saying what is and is not working as intended rather then just sitting with an evil grin abusing it like some people are far more then happy to do lol. The more you know about, the higher chance you have of putting the current scheme of things correctly in place.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 06:07:58 am »

I have a weakness were i expect the best out of people. I sometimes forget what this community is like/

Loving the feedback of all the problems, honestly. but so far, it's only problems with the launcher. Theres like no.... Community feedback on balance.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 06:44:57 am »

Yes, welcome to Eir

Where everyone bitches nothing gets done, but when you try to do something the dickheads come out to abuse, break, and figure out how they can abuse the game and troll the community.

105TigerHunters, I don't think anyone was actually pointing a finger at you to be honest, so really no need to defend yourself. The people to blame know who they are - and so do we.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 08:09:05 am »

Theres like no.... Community feedback on balance.

Well its only been like what.... 3 days since the wipe?

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

ItsDouggernaut Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 08:32:52 am »

Have been sitting in launcher for a while and it is not tremendously active, granted this is on weekday afternoons.

I would like to say that the lack of offmaps is brilliant (although that isn't balance related)

Once I've played some more games I will try and create some constructive feedback
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 08:57:13 am »

Yes, welcome to Eir

Where everyone bitches nothing gets done, but when you try to do something the dickheads come out to abuse, break, and figure out how they can abuse the game and troll the community.

105TigerHunters, I don't think anyone was actually pointing a finger at you to be honest, so really no need to defend yourself. The people to blame know who they are - and so do we.

Was more stating the point of my post then defending lol but fair enough.

As far as lack of feed back about the actual units and what not, until the launcher is set to where there is no need for more wipes (which im gathering will be when people can delete companys with out them bugging out), its hard to go all out with the standard units and figure out what is sticking out etc..

The only main notice at the moment is LMG's suppressing everything and shreks being far more ubber leet then usual since there are currently no RR's to use. Rifle nades feel more effective but similar vs the shreks comment, I think that is due to the lack of Elite inf so when they hit they feel like they are doing more.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 01:09:56 pm »

Tried running a normal coy, got treated to being put up against Boyz AT spam with Commando Snipers for my only game of the night.

Base testing indeed.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 09:09:02 pm »

Tried running a normal coy, got treated to being put up against Boyz AT spam with Commando Snipers for my only game of the night.

Base testing indeed.
mando sniper ? But how
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc