Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:19:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new grindless system - Factional progression (FP)  (Read 49950 times)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2011, 07:07:10 pm »

Keeping one or three veteran units after the war would be indeed nice... but that would raise up a lot of issues involving compatibility (is the unit of a type that your faction is a high enough level to access?). I'd still love to keep them. Regardless, if you claim that I should "stop thinknig of this as WoW", then mayube you should take down the front page featuring (and I quote) "Complete persistency, All units retain vet, and continue to use it in their next battles.", because that, there, is false advertising.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »

It is not, they do retain it for the next battles.... albeit not for the next war.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2011, 07:12:04 pm »

Well perhaps you should change it, because it is misleading. "Complete persistancy" to me evokes permanent units. However, this is not the case, and it's definitely NOT what I signed up for.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2011, 07:13:37 pm »

It is not, they do retain it for the next battles.... albeit not for the next war.

Agreed, complete persistancy is in here.

Wipes are an amazing thing when not done too often.

1. Things feel fresh and new all over again, kind of like Fabreeze. Or (insert your favourite detergent here)
2. Helps newer people get into the groove without terrible vet whores stomping all over them with 500 vet 3 rifle squads.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »

Well perhaps you should change it, because it is misleading. "Complete persistancy" to me evokes permanent units. However, this is not the case, and it's definitely NOT what I signed up for.

Your still new mate, eventually you will get to that point where you have done 500 games in a war and you wont give 2 shits about veterancy, because you know if you lose it, you will always have ample time, with that army to grind up another Tiger/sherman/ranger/unit_X.

The prestige of having a high veterency unit does not exist unless you can only grind up that unit within a finite period of time. It just means less when the war goes on to infinity.

I have seen some people get 1000xp tigers and pershings to just drop that account and have that tank sit on the leaderboard. You cant fight it, you cant kill it, its just there, it doesnt matter, who cares.

So, it is complete persistancy. We just havent had the capability of representing a finite war in quite some time.

A war that goes on for months on end just leads to problems. Everyone is in a perpetual state of "Late game" play, everyone has Heavy tank companies, no one innovates or changes their strat, people build up all vet 3 armies as if they are little trophies, when in fact everyone can do it.

Anyways, that's just my perspective on the subject. It's not like some stuff wont carry over to other wars. I know that your warmap rank will most likely carry over, allowing you to represent a respected commander, allowing you to do more things on the warmap, have more options in EIRR games and have access to special units and abilities/options that no one else will get.

There will be more for you to do than to just grind up vet when the warmap comes. That is only one part of it.

An Tank Ace is not really an Ace if everyone has ample time and environment to get one. There has to be a limiting factor.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »

That's why I think the entire veterancy system needs a bit of a rework. As of now, the vet system is built for impermanence. There is no way to control the scale and amount veteran units that people can deploy in proportion to regular units, thus constant wipes are needed to control the veteran population. It's only a short-term solution to a long-term problem.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2011, 10:11:58 am »

Groundfire, The problem is that once people get their 500-1000xp unit (most likely artillery or heavy tank) they get bored of it, which is why more vet levels is a good idea, it would encourage people to continue to use their units after this point.

What can be changed is the leaderboards. I've always looked down on the leaderboards because they only measure wins or amount of XP, no matter how many losses or how many games it took you to get there.

What would be more relevant is a leaderboard for wins compared to losses and most XP acquired in a single game. I would also like to see a permanent Hall of Fame.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc