Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:16:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of the state of EIR  (Read 45425 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: August 01, 2011, 08:16:55 pm »

EIR seems to be filled with trolls, smurfs, stompers and spammers lately.

I can't seem to get a game lately without running into someone running a spam company under a smurf playing against someone he clearly knows he's better than along with other good players.

Or going on the board and seeing someone post something retarded about balance trying to get something they like reduced so they can spam it more. Or other random retarded posts.

I'm just sick of it, I just can't play anymore. I used to really have fun playing EIR but it's just not fun to me anymore and that really sucks. I've stayed in EIR through a lot of rough times, and to see something I love so much being ruled by jackel's and trolls, i just can't put up with anymore and until things are sorted out I'm done.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
neenja Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:21:19 pm »

i aggree
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:26:19 pm »

You will be back.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »

eat my goliaths.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:19 pm »

You will be back.

didn't say i wouldn't. Just said "until things are sorted out I'm done" which shows a willingness to come back.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »

didn't say i wouldn't. Just said "until things are sorted out I'm done" which shows a willingness to come back.
It wont get "sorted out".

You will be back.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:39:57 pm »

EIR seems to be filled with trolls, smurfs, stompers and spammers lately.

lately?

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:40:26 pm »

This has been happening for 2 years and it just now bothers you? Who stomped the shit out if you today?

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »

my patience has just ran out that's all.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:57 pm »

Embrace the darkness Tym, spam is king. I don't even bother running a varied company, usually I use about 6 units including support weapons.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 10:47:33 pm »

EIR has a fundamental design flaw - the free buffs from the doctrines. If the doctrine buffs unit A then the best choice is to spam that unit. This will never change unless a cost is attributed to the buffs…
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 01:21:02 am »

The warmap (which I am told is coming 'soon') and the new doctrine advancement and pool system should fix a lot of what you're irritated about.

In the meantime though... I don't understand why they don't just get rid of 'oversupply' and tweak the pool costs/pool amounts of certain factions/doctrines/units. That'd help a lot too.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:45 am »

If buffs were tailored to units we would have a reason to use a variety.

For instance, HEAT doesn't do much for anything. +25% pen on a STuG would be far more useful than +15% pen and +15% damage, while a straight damage bonus would help the Panther more.

This would mean that using a combination of units becomes much more viable.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 02:27:52 am »

In the meantime though... I don't understand why they don't just get rid of 'oversupply' and tweak the pool costs/pool amounts of certain factions/doctrines/units. That'd help a lot too.
Oversupply is dissapearing next patch.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 08:05:34 am »

i may play every now n then. maybe i'll drop in and spam the crap outta some unit just to annoy someone like ampm, i can spam my heat round ostwinds and see what he thinks of heat rounds then. Cheesy
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:25:38 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 08:31:36 am »

So no more off the bat 10 AB Sniper or 18 Tetratch companies?

Lawl, that shit was funny for a one game throw away.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 08:20:45 pm »

Tym,

I think your opinion is shared with a large majority of the community. Unfortunately a small minority of the community is ruining the atmosphere for the rest. This minority also appears to be the most vocal on the forums.

The problem lies in trying to fix it. We are a very small community, so just running around banning people could be counter productive. The other, bigger issue, is trying to determine who is a problem player and why. It becomes very subjective.

For example: I think Panda is one of the nicest guys in the community as far as a conversation goes. However, I feel his exploits, gimmicks, Spam, and grief are a determent to the community.
But, as a dev team member, how would we ever justify removing him if that is what we wanted to do. He is not breaking any clear Mod rules, he is just annoying. He did exploit one bug, was reprimanded and that was the end of it.

Sorry I am picking on you Panda, but you just make yourself such a great target.

Implementing the Warmap is going to help some what. Players will only have one profile and smurfing will be gone. With that, the community can police itself by refusing to play with problem players. It may take longer to get a game, but at least it will be a more enjoyable game. I think it will also encourage new players to stick around as it will be easy to let them know who to stay away from.

IMO... Wink

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 08:56:55 pm »

this would make me happy if it meant the team is getting rid of oversupply and then  going to readjust the inf doc.
But they wont.
Instead of equally impressive buffs it will most likely just be equally unimpressive buffs.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 08:57:51 pm »

Infantry Doctrine is among the most powerful in the game. What are you talking about?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc