Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:03:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message To the Axis  (Read 25483 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 10:00:30 am »

train the axis for next war.

This warmap was ruined from the beginning anyways.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 11:47:20 am »

the axis will make up for it eventually as they always seem to do.

here's my message to the axis: Both sides try to join games they either feel like they'll win or at least havea chance of winning.

Genearlly when I get on I see Wind, Skaffa and I forget his name in a game, nearly every day this week.

I know its probably my time zone but it sux that I can't get a good "fair" game when I get on.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 11:49:10 am »

I think the warmap itself is brilliant and EiRMod deserves huge props for it.

But now we need to figure out how to compensate for people who screw over their side by letting themselves get roflstomped all the time.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 11:50:19 am »

Timezones is the root of all problems LOL

Yeah, a fix has to be in place, cuz this will happen to either side.

This warmap allies got it, next warmap that might change and new players might try allies then axis can get easy games etc.

mmmm automatching...
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 11:52:40 am »

Train your noobs?

Play with new players and guide them.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 11:53:43 am »

But now we need to figure out how to compensate for people who screw over their side by letting themselves get roflstomped all the time.

There could be a some sort of ranking,  when you play with same people a lot and win by stomping, your rating goes down and you earn less points per match for warmap for win (anti stack).

When you loose constantly your rating goes up and you earn more points for the next win on warmap and even for loss. (noob help )
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:55:30 am by Nug » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 11:55:47 am »

the axis will make up for it eventually as they always seem to do.

The problem is, at this point, the resource disparity is so great that there's no way to come back. It's extremely hard for even a really good player to beat a player half as good as them if they have 400-600 less muni and nearly as much of a disparity in fuel.

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 11:57:17 am »

Train your noobs?

Play with new players and guide them.

To quote from another thread:

Uh, no.

The biggest mistake the Axis made was its 5-7 serious players wasting their time trying to hold off way more numerous serious allied players by themselves instead of just giving up and saving themselves the hassle.

The good axis players were never able to get games while the bad/newer players let themselves get stomped ad nauseum by allied stack teams. So then the good axis players played with the axis noobs, only to get stomped as well by the allied stack teams because 2 good guys/ 1 noob is still not as good as 3 decent guys.

That's not a mistake, that's called trying to keep a sinking ship afloat with your own corpse and getting only stress and inevitable defeat for your trouble.

If good players weren't punished so severely by losses that occured in games they weren't in (via territory resource bonuses), this wouldn't be such a problem.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 12:01:54 pm »

The problem is, at this point, the resource disparity is so great that there's no way to come back. It's extremely hard for even a really good player to beat a player half as good as them if they have 400-600 less muni and nearly as much of a disparity in fuel.

Sounds like that's a problem with the resources then anyway. There needs to be room for either side to comeback, else with a slippery slope this big there's very little point in continuing playing. We'd have to compare stats before and after, and see how the resource advantage affects the allied W/L ratios.
Nug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »

There needs to be room for either side to comeback, else with a slippery slope this big there's very little point in continuing playing. We'd have to compare stats before and after, and see how the resource advantage affects the allied W/L ratios.

This is why resources should not be warmap based, but tied to your own company like it was always.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

The worst part is: When you try to play with your friends as Axis no allies join you at all. Then when good players play together like friends the newbies host their own random games, random people join and out of the blue allied stack appears. And we wonder why we're losing Grin

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 12:33:35 pm »

The worst part is: When you try to play with your friends as Axis no allies join you at all. Then when good players play together like friends the newbies host their own random games, random people join and out of the blue allied stack appears. And we wonder why we're losing Grin

true story

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 01:17:56 pm »

ive stopped playing the warmap, everyday i log in, i have more minuses in my company and i need to constantly take out more units, i look in the battles list, all are full,

allied stack 1
allied stack 2
questionable stack 3
allied stack 4
allied stack 5

/close launcher.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »

Is the war over yet? No? so shut your bread traps

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 01:20:27 pm »

It's just seldom that somebody is switching to make it decent. Overall the warmap is not the cause for it.

9th Armoured Engineers
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 01:21:04 pm »

Sounds like that's a problem with the resources then anyway. There needs to be room for either side to comeback, else with a slippery slope this big there's very little point in continuing playing. We'd have to compare stats before and after, and see how the resource advantage affects the allied W/L ratios.

no aritificial comeback please! this just STALLS the war - war should be even and exciting because it is EVEN and exciting, not because dumbass mechanics come into play to drag it out as long as possible

One side WINS, it wins. it doesn't get saved by qq, please.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »

no aritificial comeback please! this just STALLS the war - war should be even and exciting because it is EVEN and exciting, not because dumbass mechanics come into play to drag it out as long as possible

One side WINS, it wins. it doesn't get saved by qq, please.

I agree with Smokaz on not adding mechanics to draw out the war. There should be a clear winner.

With that being said, prohibitive resource bonuses/penalties from games you didn't play in are problematic.

I don't mind having much less PP than my opponents, but having 600+ less munitions/300+ less fuel is a big problem just because my side has more numerous inexperienced players willing to feed the allies wins.

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »

This is the kinda thing the axis are dealing with atm. Tongue

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 01:37:00 pm »

This is the kinda thing the axis are dealing with atm. Tongue

The actual (final) game setup looks a bit difference.  Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »

Still a hardcore stomp. Those 3 allies in there could have easily beaten me, elitegren and newguy. I dont blame them, just making an observation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc