Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:22:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How games 'Play out'  (Read 5809 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:16 pm »

How do you guys feel most EiR games play out; in the 'meta' style of play--for me, most games seem to (and this encompasses teammates and opponents) start with either a heavy armor start, an inf blob + ATG call in- or light armor. The first ~20 minutes of the game are ATGs and inf skirmishing for territory while Shermans potshot Grenadier blobs and Panthers give chase to the attacking shermans. This continues into the 30-50 minute stages when axis steps up deployment of armor and elite platoons of vetted grenadiers and KCH, whilst the allies bring out pershings to chase off the panthers from their Sherms, and artillery to break the wall of PaKs or to cause unrest in the german inf line so the shermans, once rid of their pursuers, can run around and generally blow shit up. And/or, the axis panthers kite the shermans to death, PaKs creep up, Pershings get knocked and the whole wall moves up. The closing minutes seem to be everyone's "champion" units, elite vet3 heavies, rifle+mortar+mg or volk+mg+pak etc call ins, even odds and ends like bikespam or arty of some sorts being deployed to try and scrape kills from the advancing enemy blob.

Is this how (in personall experience) most of your games play out? Just wanted to hear everyone's take on the feel or flow of EiR games.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:48:22 pm »

depending on start some games can become very heated in the first 5 minutes. like my RCA is all bout using my crom flank speed to get the the axis support weapons before they set up and cleaning it up, forcing them to bring on something heavier. my axis is usually about setting up a area denial with hmg and pak, and shrek grens to skirmish around to find stuff.
it's most of the time about brining on counter for counter until you run out. but don't forget about back capping that sometime comes into play though not as much in current meta.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »

This is the beauty of EIRR, very few games are alike, every single player that plays this mod has a different style of playing, and focusses on using different units. There are, like everything, trends that separate tiers of players and playing styles, so to some degree, every game is predictable, but for the most part, you'll never know. a company that you win with revoltingly might lose horribly to the same player and same company the next day.

It really depends on who you're playing and what their play style is. Aggressive players will tend to bring on a lot of indirect in their first callin with some heavy hitters (eg. KCH + sniper or neb) and force opposing players to call on their armour first, whereas the more passive players prefer to fight whatever is given to them. Good players will be able to anticipate and force other players to bring on certain units, which they can bring counters on for.

Current meta is changing now with players starting to adopt terror however, there is a trend for more stugs + geschutz from what i'm noticing, and if i'm right, we're going to see a lot of axis with a high amount of units in their companies playing very aggressively.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »

I still like starting with a KT. Just to draw out all the enemy AT.

Get it over with early, then roll them later with all the medium armor and Panthers.

TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 05:46:58 am »

STuGs aren't too much of an issue so long as you can kite them with ATGs or even a couple upgunned shermans. Pershings and FFs eat stugs for breakfast. Goddamnitwagens, however, are still ludicrously powerful...oh well, dats what handheld AT is for :3
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 06:18:19 am »

When you play as long as i and many other older players here, every game is familiar, its how you use your experience and past failures and victories that you can manipulate the players in your game. Making them play how you want to play.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 07:53:30 am »

And then there's me.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 07:56:31 am »

yes u
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 08:14:33 am »

And then there's me.

Still using 10 stugs and 28 volks like a boss even though they got nerfed?
that takes balls my friend.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:52:08 am by spinn72 » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:23 am »

The head troll has balls?

News to me.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 11:00:01 am »

You know that DeadB0lt (IPlayForKeeps) is the head Troll Right?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 12:08:43 pm »

You know that DeadB0lt (IPlayForKeeps) is the head Troll Right?
Yep

How did you not know

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 12:29:09 pm »

I'm not the head troll. I'm the Messiah of Stats. Get your EiRR dieties straight.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 03:53:15 pm »

well, most people these days rely on heavy armor and it is a big part of today`s current eirr metagame. but as most of you have probobly seen my defensive company, i dont like to put soo much reliance into one unit. but normally for me, it works out as, first engagement is either a win or loss then i bring out something to counter what beat me. but of course everyone has thier favorite units that tend to help ALOT (ie, 88s, leigs, Pak40s, officers, defsnvie grens)

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 06:15:40 pm »

^I was out to try the defensive 6-man volks, i know people downplay them, but with vet and a medic bunker, theyre damn durable and could beat rifles easily with just 5 men. Plus pioneers now > engies w. 3 men; pio MP40 > M3, and they have more HP anyways. Add flamer for lolz. And 4 man mortars/ATGs...sexy. Omniscience just = "i cant be assed to micro a bike" Tongue

I just hate tanks in general, clunky, ungainly, and tend to die to retarded crap like thrown nades and bikes blocking them in (naaa, 20 ton tank cant roll over bikes. thats a silly idea!!!!)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 01:37:28 am »

And 4 man mortars/ATGs...sexy.

Use terror heavy support -> support weapons get elite armor,mp44,+33% health  Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 01:45:58 am »

So when you grenade them they die extra fat Cheesy

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc