Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:57:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA]6p_Tanteville  (Read 11782 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 05:35:24 pm »

Map is very enjoyable, has a lot of potential and I look forward to playing more.

Some advice though:
- Add a lot more random hedges around the big roads, particularly on the left because in its current state, a flak will DOMINATE even more than on RTC :p.

- Some buildings have the 'front porch' walls too close to the building, making you unable to occupy the building through the front door.

- Add weather options, map preview image, loading screen (a better one than lanteville :p, ask kolath if needed)

- Don't have wheat on every field, have some 'empty' fields with random clutter on it. (I.e craters, bushes, tractors, etc for cover, see relic's)

- Add some more random buildings/sheds on the left.

- Tone down the huge forest grove on the right middle side of the map .

- Move the vehicle clutter in the city more towards the size of the road, these vehicles can't really be wrecked so they're quite an obstruction.

- Roads aren't really roads, no vehicle speed bonus and no negative cover??
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 06:06:05 pm »

Sectors need to be rebalanced also, they're not even on both sides. Just do it RTC 'frontline' style. 3 rows of 5 sectors each or something like that.
salan2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 08:20:47 pm »

i like the way the buildings are faced with no windows... adds dynamic strategy!

This is my work posting account, i dont' remember the password to my main account and its automatically logged in at home.. So.. I use this one when at work.
Thatcakeisaspy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 10:24:15 pm »

I didn't like the buildings on the edge of the town with no windows on their sides; they take no skill to flank. You just run up to the side and throw a nade through the wall.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 11:18:37 pm »

love the map great for tank battles the buildings need work and the pathing in the streets need some work but over all it looks great:) take what unknown did and it should be a great map

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 09:55:57 am »

Please rerelease .sga as 6p_Tanteville so people can play it and we can compose a mappack.
(If you intend on updating soon, mappack can be put on hold for a few days Smiley)
spartan117 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 11:58:21 am »

http://files.filefront.com/6p+Tantevillesga/;12582596;/fileinfo.html
Please rerelease .sga as 6p_Tanteville so people can play it and we can compose a mappack.
(If you intend on updating soon, mappack can be put on hold for a few days Smiley)
I am going to update tomorrow so but it off until then.

Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 03:57:36 pm »

Spartan, this map is already a lot of fun and I think it has the potential to be one of the most played maps in EiR. If you put some more work into it, because the urban area architecture is a catasthrophy Smiley

Some suggestions:

- Get rid of all the fricking row houses. The windowless sides mess gameplay up a lot and have nothing to do in such a small village anyway.

- The garden fences and walls in front of houses clutter units and makes entering and leaving them extremely risky. Either remove them or make them less of an obstacle.

- Some houses have backdoors, and some dont. This is bad because you cant see it. Entering those buildings from behind is quite a gamble because you might have to go all the way around them (including the fences and walls).

- The forest in the southeast needs to have some small pathways, maybe even for infantry only. But you need to be able to flank the town entrance somehow.

- Northern fields are good, maybe add some eyecandy, remnants of a past battle would fit, some corpses and wrecks maybe.
spartan117 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 04:05:19 pm »

Spartan, this map is already a lot of fun and I think it has the potential to be one of the most played maps in EiR. If you put some more work into it, because the urban area architecture is a catasthrophy Smiley

Some suggestions:

- Get rid of all the fricking row houses. The windowless sides mess gameplay up a lot and have nothing to do in such a small village anyway.

- The garden fences and walls in front of houses clutter units and makes entering and leaving them extremely risky. Either remove them or make them less of an obstacle.

- Some houses have backdoors, and some dont. This is bad because you cant see it. Entering those buildings from behind is quite a gamble because you might have to go all the way around them (including the fences and walls).

- The forest in the southeast needs to have some small pathways, maybe even for infantry only. But you need to be able to flank the town entrance somehow.

- Northern fields are good, maybe add some eyecandy, remnants of a past battle would fit, some corpses and wrecks maybe.
Thanks for the comments, I'll get to work on it as soon as finales are over.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:32 pm »

- Add weather options, map preview image, loading screen (a better one than lanteville :p, ask kolath if needed)

I'd be happy to make you a nice loading screen if you send me a desired screenshot in at as high resolution as possible.  Just PM me.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
spartan117 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 05:50:30 pm »

http://files.filefront.com/6p+Tantevillesga/;12728680;/fileinfo.html
here's an update, only thing that has changed is the sector layout.
@Kolath: I would love for you to make me a loading screen.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 06:42:57 pm »

Shouldn't just release updates for minor changes :/ but okay.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc