Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:23:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Units on the Battlefeild  (Read 4991 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« on: March 04, 2012, 03:28:05 pm »

With the massive influx of new people that have been not so good in the game i have grown infuriated at them being unable to understand the most basic of strategy and if by any chance they bump into this they will read it and learn to think smart.

If you have a unit that you haven't used the whole game and cant find a use with it just do something with it, too many  times have i seen a team-mate being unable to decide weather he should call the 50% health QuadHT off field because he has already used the repair kit and to scared to lose it or he is just keeping it on field because he thinks it might be of some use in the future but ends up never being so.
Simplest thing to do is to either call it off shamelessly or send it in with a heroic charge but same applies with with ATGs or howies that you haven't killed a single thing with for around 10-15 minutes just call it off and wait for another opportunity to recrew it with easy and cheap Riflemen, Pop is just as important to how much stuff you have left in your company or on feild and refusing to call off a unit or use it aggressively just because you >Think< it might be of some use later or because it was expensive is just shitty play on your part.Sure i am not telling you to send your stuff to their death but refusing to even put them in minor danger is just bad and you should feel bad for thinking that.

Losing a unit is a Strat of itself so having 3 marine squads with full health always calling it back when you see a hint of danger backed up by a Scout car you ask a team-mate to help you attack it if you cant yourself but as long as it was cost-worthy or gave you an upper hand in the next engagement(should not that that is rarely the case unless it is because you got a house or some cover that gives all your troops green cover or prevents the enemy from flanking).

In short not using your unit is the same as losing it and being campy aint gonna win you anything unless you got the terr advantage so stop being so campy and remember that Even tough you got a brilliant defence you cant win if you wont attack when they have more of the territory so get out there and FIGHT.

Another thing, Don´t fire Arty into the blue just because you think the enemy is there, scout either with an disposable unit or a scouting vehicle and even tough you see a juicy blob of units that you can kill if its too far away there is a chance you will not hit so try to find another target and if you do fire at that one even tough it aint as big as the previous one.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:33:46 pm by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

Bro tip for artillery use:

Focus on support weapons. Mortars, then ATG's, then HMG's.

The priority of the support weapons can change depending on the circumstance, but that priority is a pretty strong base line. If a blob of friendly inf is being suppressed or a tank is staring down the barrel of an ATG then sure, hit that first. The only other thing you should be firing artillery at are groups of infantry, and only if you can catch them correctly. If they are in constant movement, anticipate where they will go or wait for a moment where they stop.

Don't EVER waste an arty strike on tanks. This should only ever be done for the lulz, or if your enemy is stupid enough to have multiple VEHICLES repairing in the same spot. The only exception to this would be a point blank Calli barrage, but Calli's get a section of their own when it comes to arty.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:09:20 pm »

Thank you hicks, Anyone here who has something of worthwhile to say please write it here and if you meet a new guy on vent just send them a link to this thread.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »

Don't EVER waste an arty strike on tanks.

1 Hummel round will drop a fireflies health to half. Artillery on tanks can be quite effective especially if you learn to predict artillery fire.

Prediction of opponents moves with artillery is a life saver, you will make mistakes and you will miss but if you can accurately determine a blobs path you can ruin someones day

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:37:28 pm »

Allied arty doesn't have that kind of effect on kraut armour Spartan. Axis arty can be finnicky little buggers and like the Calli, deserve a section of their own.

More importantly, this is advice for less developed players. Would you really want to advise a new player to attempt pot shots at tanks when their arty experience is likely to be extremely low at best?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »

Allied arty doesn't have that kind of effect on kraut armour Spartan.

priest and 25pdr do actually

More importantly, this is advice for less developed players. Would you really want to advise a new player to attempt pot shots at tanks when their arty experience is likely to be extremely low at best?

And for a newer player, it could mean knocking out a repairing tiger so they don't have to fight it off again.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 05:54:36 pm »

Artying tanks is a boni fide no no. Only inc shell hummels get that privilage.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 06:02:11 pm »

The 25 Pounder does 125 damage, the 105mm does 200. Each of these require a more or less direct hit for damage to be applied. FYI, a PIV has 600 health and speed to evade. Heavier tanks simply have enough health (Or the Panther's speed) to make it a non-issue.

Also, the arty does 0.75 damage against tanks.

So yeah, unless it's some bitchingly exceptional circumstances, don't do it. It's a barrage wasted that could have destroyed a more pressing target such as a blob or a support team(s).

Hummel does not have the reduced damage, has twice the short range splash radius and is up against targets with much lower health.

Oh and Volski, inc shell and standard shells for the Hummel do the same damage.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 06:08:25 pm »

Even one hit can drop a p4 down enough to make a difference, and generally if you aim at a tank or an atg, your likely to scatter rounds into secondary targets. I advise to always try to do this.

The benefit of shooting at tanks that are near other things is people tend to focus their micro on getting that tank out of there increasing your chances of getting hits.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »

What if you are sitting on a teller Mine with your tiger

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:57 pm »

Cool like a bawss.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 08:08:50 pm »

Don't EVER waste an arty strike on tanks.

firestorm neb
Spartan was there

calliope?

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »

lol

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:25 pm »

Don't EVER waste an allied arty strike on axis tanks.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:55 pm »

firestorm neb
Spartan was there

calliope?

oh so many tanks have i killed with fs nebel

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 10:51:25 am »

Would a mod maybe mind cleaning this thread out a little?
Its a worthy discussion for another thread but not this one.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:12 pm »

deleting 1 post is hardly cleaning it up.

There.... that's two

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »

There.... that's two

That is two less. then before. sounds like cleanup to me.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc