Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:38:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SE PE tips wanted by new player  (Read 4852 times)
Cyk0 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: March 21, 2012, 02:56:28 am »

Okay I'm kinda new here (I played some games 1,5 years ago) and liked the idea, but RL job took to much time. I think I will have more time now, and I would like to get a good start going. (I know there have been a reset and that you guys are probably grinding away right now so understandably getting me started would not be a top priority)

I am generally a good RTS player (and teamplayer) but I am not really tuned into EIR in its current metagame.

I would like to things:
A bit of tips for my first games.
And people to play those with me Smiley

I am most interested in playing a relatively combined arms focused SE PE based around a solid force of infantry complemented by light vehicles. One panther for good measure and a fair amount of indirect fire to provide smoke cover and to decrew support weapons.

I would love to get some examples of "specific situation" call ins)

For example: How a call in to deal with snipers protected by HT's could look (maybe its just an anti sniper call ins that uses other recourses to deal with the half track).
Examples of some general anti armor and anti infantry combos that work well Ideas about a versatile start call in, basically I just want to hear some thought about good unit synergies that roughly fits in the call in format.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:28:31 am »

All depends on how you play, how good you are at micro and weather you want to be aggressively offensive or defensive.

there are rarely any direct examples of an callin you wish to use excluding the 2 Scoutcars and 1 swim-wagon one(scoutcars rape snipers and swims have good detection) and the 1-2 TBs in clown-cars(really micro intensive so really don't advise using them) but aside from that its all in what you want to use, first of all you might want to make sure you have enough AT in your company to counter 2 super heavy tanks and enough AI to counter rifle and ATG creeps.
"how do i do that?" you may ask but as before PE is pretty useless for a Iron wall doctrine so Aggressive is the only way to go weather it is Aggressive offensive or Aggressive defensive.

The types of useige of what you have is all in what you do with your stuff like Aggressive offensive has a pretty "know all" view of the battlefeild while Aggressive Defencive knows what is coming and weather or not he is being flanked but both sides always try to surprise the enemy by quick moves and precise attacks.

Aside from that its up to you to what you have but i advise you to have some Scoutcars with MGs for they can pay off in the late game by being able to cap while in the early game it can obliterate enemy riflemen squads that are trying to flank without proper AT to support it But if the case is that you have noidea how to build a balanced company use >This<(too be honest i think the company he posted is utter shit but hes a good player so its not bad if you just want to see how to make a BC)

Oh yea if you are good with micro i advise you to go with the top T4 and buy a fuckton of Tank Busters and scoutcars with MGs for its pretty lulzy how much they rape with leader rifles.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:33:20 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:20 am »

oh yea forgot, always go with Heal cars, they are the most effective unit in your company for not only can it heal your troops but its mobile and can be rushed into the front lines too heal while fighting or when it just stopped.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:43 am »

PE in defence = Bad you get ATG and MG walled and there's very little you can do against it. Therefore being aggressive, flanking whenever possible and doing coordinated attacks with your team mate will mess up any defence enemy can do.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Cyk0 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »

I consider myself pretty good at microing. (COH weird vehicle moment included) And I fully intend to make good use of HT's

I am generally an aggressive player since I prefer to keep the initiative, I am not how ever that keen on running blindly into danger. So unless I have a good knowledge about roughly what the enemy has an were he is I would be reluctant to commit fully.

Therefore I run a risk of being reduced to flanking/backcaping and probing attacks with infantry (who can be fixed by a healcar and complemented with harassing indirect fire) That is not optimal, so is there any good was of getting information about the enemy? How good does vampire HT's work in practice?

If I was forced by circumstances to play defensive I would probably keep my hard hitters back as a counterattack force wile using dispersed squads in cover to fix the enemy in preparation for a flanking counter.

Do you guys have any tips regarding good ways to gain knowledge about the enemy?
I would also like to hear some ideas for staring callins (the one I would like to have is just to big)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 05:17:02 pm »

Reading this topic and your posts Im seeing a lot of 'plans'. You must realise that adapting is the most important in CoH/EIR. Therefor my tip to you is: play, play and play. This is the only way you're going to get a feel for EIR and how to play it. Try your plans, try different starts/strats, if they fail you adapt and try again. You can dicuss on the forum all day what you would/could do if this or that happened, but you can also play enough to KNOW instantly what you need to do in any situation.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Cyk0 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »

I have played regular COH allot and since I know how I usually play RTS and I have tried EIR a short time two years ago I am mearly stating how I am likely to play.(Back then I played with a friend and did some hilarious and mostly successful commando and airborne teamwork but I don't think that would represent how I would play now)

Actually finding time to play is the hard part for me, so I would like to "waste" as few games as possible getting a feel for the metagame (And I am prepared to "waste" a few minutes in the forum for that) . Though I know full well that the understanding I seek well only fall to place with games of EIR under my belt.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:30:36 pm by Cyk0 » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 05:34:23 pm »

I have played regular COH allot and since I know how I usually play RTS and I have tried EIR a short time two years ago I am mearly stating how I am likely to play.(Back then I played with a friend and did some hilarious and mostly successful commando and airborne teamwork but I don't think that would represent how I would play now)

Actually finding time to play is the hard part for me, so I would like to "waste" as few games as possible getting a feel for the metagame (And I am prepared to "waste" a few minutes in the forum for that) . Though I know full well that the understanding I seek well only fall to place with games of EIR under my belt.

well, i have to agree with skaffa, u cant get from one day to the other the feeling. play or dont. the only way to get it is play play play

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 05:54:26 pm »

Panzer Pios in a Halftrack. It's all you need!

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Cyk0 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 02:38:02 am »

I do understand that playing is really important, but if play play play  is the only option I'll stick to other RTS were I can do just fine in competitive gaming with only a few games a week. Thanks for the help, and I still think you got a nice mod going here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:28:28 am by Cyk0 » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 04:44:38 am »

Way to go skaffa!

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:17 am »

Just get a mix of kettenkrads and Vamps, the kettenkrad is a 2pop unit with jeep sight so its quite handy while the vamp while in lockdown i think it has 70 FOV inf sight.
anyways have fun and remember PE sucks as a Iron wall company.

Remember don´t feed vet.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:51:22 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 10:06:07 am »

1. gain doctrine bonuses
2.  spam the buffed units
3.  rely on your teammates to help you out if you are encountering hard counters, or make small adjustments
     example: like removing a IST when you spam ISTs to add a marder or two instead because shreks are short range)

4.  learn what other people are doing, and counter that. dont do what you want yourself and let others counter you.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:23 am »

or if you got 100 fuel, maybe pull a few shreks for 50mm's

they are awesome when used right

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 10:52:57 am »

Though some of this info might be outdated because of recent patch changes I am unaware of, I might have some knowledge of SE that could be useful.  Looks like Skaffa may have scared off the OP from playing in general but hopefully this will be useful to someone and not a waste of my time.  Just a warning, I do not have access to launcher at work so info is coming off memory or old doctrine spreadsheets from the website.  

As other people mentioned, playing defensive with an infantry focus with SE is not really that optimal.  Luft would be a much better choice if you wanted to inf-centric and play a bit more defensively, as their "elite" inf, FJs, work best from cover and have numerous doctrine buffs throughout.  

If you decide to go the inf-centric SE route, the doctrine is geared a bit more towards attacking than defending.  The top doctrine line gives, moving accuracy bonuses, bonuses within inf hts, the T4 is best buff you can get for all your infantry.  As mentioned Leader rifles are basically a poor mans G43 which see a significant dps increase at close range.  G43s are also buffed but if you live without suppressive fire, it is extremely munitions efficient to spam vanilla PGrens and use the extra munitions you gain on adding inc grenades, inc assault, or adding a munitions HT which also increases your inf damage output.  The top line also opens up mobile lockdown ISTs which can be a powerful tool.  A quick search of the forums can give you an idea of how to use them.  

A quick rundown of the other two doctrine lines, middle line to Chemical fire can be effective.  Inc warheads is a very effective T3 that increases the inf kill power of 3 solid units.  Hummel is back to being most effective using Inc barrage.  Stukas and if inc shot on the IST hits  is basically instant death on any support weapons it lands on.  Chemical Fire makes Mortar HT Inc mortar shot almost instant death on any inf it lands on, inc grenade dot is powerful enough that it damage tanks that sit in the fire radius (may have changed).

I do not recommend going to T4 in the bottom tree.  AFAIK, the T4 still doesn't work correctly and isn't as useful anyway until the warmap promotes play of the other game modes.  The T3 however can be combined with T3 Inc warheads for some strong indirect fire options.

If you look closely, SE has some very good dual T3 combinations which are often a bit more attractive and flexible than going with a T4 but if you want to concentrate on Pgrens, Storm Tactics remains your best bet.  

A breakdown of the bottom unlocks which may not be obvious:

Artillery Spotting - Reveals on the minimap enemy units in a 70 diameter of where it's dropped.  This is only visible to you and not your allies.

Inc assault and Booby traps - Booby traps are more annoying to the enemy than effective, and inc assault has become easier to avoid especially since G43 slow has been removed.  Can still be effective I imagine.

Saturation minefield - Heavy use of Muni HTs can make the saturation minefield unlock attractive.  The minefield scatter is random but covers a large radius with a mixture of vehicle slow mines and incen trap mines.  

Support reserves - Panzer pios are great for recrew, use the WM pio smg, which outdps-es Garands at short range.  The 4th man on support MG42s is very useful and provides a very useful non-vehicle based suppression tool.

Assault flammen - the "elite" unlock of SE, are extremely effective when garrisoned in inf hts or in green cover, but since they are no stronger than regular assault grens have the same inherent weakness.  That being said an inf HT can house up to two flammens and can ruin most infantry blobs without AT and decrews support weapons quickly.

Napalm strike - drops a line of napalm in a 30x50ish area?

Call-ins:
Typical anti-snipe on PE - as ppl mentioned Scout cars are very effective at killing snipers at close range, typical call in would therefore be dbl schwimm, or ketten + scoutcar.  If an HT is hanging around you would probably want something like schwim/ketten plus infantry ht+tank buster.

Start call-ins are something you would need to experiment with.  Best advice esp as PE is always bring two forms of AT.  Single marder or 50mm isn't going to cut it.  Panther can handle AT by itself of course but would most likely gimp your start.

Skaffa is fairly correct, investment in simply playing will keep you competitive in the mod because it will be fairly difficult to know correct counters in the current metagame w/o playing a good amt or having a good amt of EiRR knowledge from previous play.  If you don't mind losing some games then playing once in a while should be fine.  It's your choice.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:06:26 am by Uglysori » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:13 am »

^^^
That man is your Scorched Earth go to guy. Listen to him. He must have 1500+ games as SE

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 12:01:38 pm »

damn sori, lock thread, that post has all you need to know.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc