Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:20:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: - EIR Team Tournament -  (Read 6967 times)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« on: February 28, 2012, 12:43:56 pm »

1   About the Tournament

1.1   Workflow of each round
Each round consist of three battles. Every Team will play with every faction (Allied/Axis) on a choosen map.
The first round the team_1 play as Allied and team_2 as Axis, in the second game the faction will be switched.
The first two battle will be played with defined spawn sides, so that every team have played on each side with every faction at a randomly choosen map. (We will choose the map)

When there is a 1:1 and a golden goal match is needed, one team may choose the faction and the other team may
choose the map. the start-up spawn points  will be set to random instead of defined.

1.2   Cheating preventation
To prevent any abusing and any sort of cheat/hack we want that every players saves the battlefile and the corresponding  record file. We will need them in case of abusing players.

1.3   In case of cheating
When you think your team got outplayed by a hacker make sure that you finish the game. After this you can PM us (Ahnungsloser or Aeroblade56) an we will collect the battle files/record files from all players. (The player who can’t send us  it’s replay file may be disqualified from this tournament)After we analyze the files we will decide what happen with the abusing player/nation.We know that saving all the files is a complexity process, but we need some rules to increase the barrier for cheaters. But please: Don‘t  let us collect all files and analyze them because you can’t live with the fact that you got dissmissed.

1.4   Company Set Up
This battle will be played by new level 5 companies  to favour the guys which have higher level account as some other players. The Player names should be like <TeamName><PlayerName>. Example: TeamExample-Cpt.HerpDerp!, TeamExample-Pvt.Herp!, TeamExample-Pvt.Derp!
Be creative with your names!  Cool

1.5   Restrictions
- No Cheats/Hacks
- Abusing with exploits (We don't know any exploits but a vCOH example would be the famous ghost tank traps)
- Don't switch your profiles during the tournaments
- No trolling or verbal abusing during the battles

Hurting one of these rules will be result in a disqualify from this tournament!

2   Additional Infomations

2.1   A Final Shoutcast
The final match up will be shoutcasted. We want to see a tough game, so be prepared for  that you can afford our requirements. Tongue

2.2   Rewards for the winner
The winner team will be donated with reward points. Fight hard and maybe you can earn them.
Maybe there will be some other rewards but we had to discuss them seperatly. Wink

After i said so many stuff about the battle i want to open the registration phase. It would be nice if you guys could discuss your team-builds face-to-face and that every Captain reply to this post to introduce his team. But consider that each nation should consist 2 – 3 people.(It would be nice if you guys could observe this rule to keep this thread clean). Example:  Team: Team_Example, Captain: Ahnungloser, Player1: Herp, Player2: Derp

That's all by now. Tell your EIR friends from this battle and maybe we can mobilize enough teams for this tournment idea. For constructive critism or advices pm me or just reply to this post. (At least i got not enough good ideas for the Company Build rules - Now the rules are not binding and i will modify them to improve them). It would be really cool if the teams would consist of one elite player and some other midrange players to balance the overall peformance of every team. (But it's not neccessary)

Now it's your turn folks.  Smiley
Ahnungsloser & Aeroblade56
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:15:52 pm by Ahnungsloser » Logged

9th Armoured Engineers
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:44 pm »

- Spamming/griefing companies are not allowed

This rule is prolly going to be a problem.

What are spamming/griefing companies?

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:54:10 pm »

if a 3rd battle is required, which team picks sides and which team picks the map?

when is a company a spam/grief company? how can you even have a grief company? isn't it the player that causes the griefing, not the company?

which dev confirmed that reward points will be handed out to the winners, and how much reward points?

when is this tournament happening?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55:35 pm »

nice rules

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »

I like the idea of a tournament but rule 1.5.2 has two MAJOR problems. The first is - it's COMPLETELY impossible to draw any sort of reasonable line on this. The second is - THIS IS A TOURNAMENT. A tournament isn't about making something fun for your opponents, it's about winning. If spam happens to be the best strategy, it's completely nonsensical to ban it unless it's ridiculously overpowered, and spam in EiRR is not such a completely game-altering meta-warping strategy that it should be banned.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:37 pm »

which dev confirmed that reward points will be handed out to the winners, and how much reward points?

Tank130 & Groundfire have given full support to this tournament.
The exact amount of reward points will be determined at a latter date. When the development team finalizes the value of RP in relation to the units and availability of those units, we can make a final decision on the amount of RP's given.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 02:10:21 pm »

I feel like my tourny idea was better but i didn't even get a response.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 02:18:24 pm »

I liked your idea more, Tym, although I wouldn't call it straight up better, because it was different. Your tournament was more of a fun historical battle thing, whereas this is more like a standard tournament which is focused on competition. Apples to oranges and such.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 02:28:20 pm »

I guess you don't really get how CoH works; please explain your reasoning for every single player having to provide a replay?

They're all going to be the same, disregarding sync errors.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 02:30:00 pm »

Where do i sign up?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 02:54:00 pm »

I guess you don't really get how CoH works; please explain your reasoning for every single player having to provide a replay?

They're all going to be the same, disregarding sync errors.

If one person was using a map hack or something, would that show in their replay and not the others? Obviously it would not show up in the other players, but it might in your own.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »

Don't think so, it's a third party program, shouldn't show up in any replay.

Same way an aimbot in an fps won't show the settings I'd imagine, ask Keeps if you want to be sure :L
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 03:15:27 pm »

Thanks for your big respond. That rules are just are first thoughts about a tournament and we know that there will be some addiotional work needed to
improve them.

1. Spamming/Grieving Companies
Now i realise that this is a broken point in the rules. I will delete this point.

2.Rewards
Look at the post from Tank. We will determate the exact value later. But i can promise that the winner team WILL get reward points.

3.Where do i sign up?
Alignment a Team with your Friends and just reply to this post so that the other players know the other teams and which persons
are already involved in teams. For example i will maybe form a Team with Hans and a other guy.

4.Time Date
I can't determite a exact date, because at first we need some official teams, then we could talk about a date. When there is not enough respond
the tournament will never happen.

5.Third Battle
The teams have to agree with one choice. But maybe someone of you have a good idea to avoid problem in case of disagreement.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:20:19 pm by Ahnungsloser » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 03:21:04 pm »

tbh, providing a replay of your win should be a part of any tournament game.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 03:40:27 pm »

tankedit: no unrelated pics please

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:48:11 pm by tank130 » Logged

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 04:29:41 pm »

Don't think so, it's a third party program, shouldn't show up in any replay.

Same way an aimbot in an fps won't show the settings I'd imagine, ask Keeps if you want to be sure :L
it would show up. a aimbot you would know if i was watching you in 1st person and saw you shoot everyperson who walked in front of you in the head. of course the obvous snap like motion. (years of aimbot experience)

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 04:30:43 pm »

Read my post. It doesn't actually show the settings, i.e the aimbot itself. I too have years of aimbot experience. It shows motions sure, but not concrete conclusive evidence of an actual aimbot.

Try again
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 06:12:59 pm »

Read my post. It doesn't actually show the settings, i.e the aimbot itself. I too have years of aimbot experience. It shows motions sure, but not concrete conclusive evidence of an actual aimbot.

Try again
Isnt there a way to look at the registry files?. i hacked before in MLG and some guy found some on my usb which i took out in my registry or something. anyway back on topic pl0x
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »

Isnt there a way to look at the registry files?. i hacked before in MLG and some guy found some on my usb which i took out in my registry or something.

/facepalm

Map hacks are undetectable by replays.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:01 pm »

/facepalm

Map hacks are undetectable by replays.
as far as im concerned ill make them play again if there is a map hack and i will make them play if it keeps happening untill one of the fuckers eventually give up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc