Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:41:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: StuH42  (Read 14669 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 27, 2008, 04:04:39 pm »

Alright, we all know our favorite Blitzkrieg tank, cheap StuH42 THE ONLY Artillery piece that fires shells on the Wehrmacht Side. It has 150mm Howizer barrel (I guess it was 150 xD)
Now this is the only mobile Artillery piece, not even close to be same like US Calliope dear no. This little peice has a range of a normal StuG and this is where it would get a little buff.
Why not make this baby fire little farer? And even have the chance to shoot over tall walls of grass known as Headgrowes and buildings. I know this tank is mainly Anti-Infantry and giving it some range would make the tank more useful than it nowadays is. Sure it clears off infantry from buildings and rapes vetwhoring rangers and Airborne if they follow it too long (despite bad move penalty it gets and the weaker damage it deals when casts a direct hit) If the StuH42 shoots farer it'd be some sort of a Artillery piece besides a nebelwerfer for the Axis, remember its only for Blitztree.

Now I'm fully aware that no new changes comes before Europe in Ruins Reinforcements, maybe this would suit there as well?

Not in this Thread
-Off-topic not tolerated stay in Topic
-No complains how effective StuH is vs blobs 'cause I know its strenght vs blobs, it was your fault that you let your troops run in blobs and heat rounded StuH blows half of them when they got too close
-No Flaming one another

In This Thread
-Why Range should not be increased
-Why Range should be increased
-What sort of a Chance it would bring for the game balance
-Why APEX's Chateau stands still after eight StuH Rounds

[Edit: Place is wrong, I could swear I put it in EiR Related Discussions]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:20:32 pm by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 04:28:48 pm »

Get improved barrels plz.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 04:31:03 pm »

Get improved barrels plz.

-Off-topic not tolerated stay in Topic

Btw I have it though stick with the topic <3
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 04:42:31 pm »

It already shoots over hedges/buildings.

It will do it automatically if it sees the enemy, or you use attack ground.

I agree the range is a bit too short considering, but it is an assault gun after all, this weapon is completely devastating when used correctly.

Matrixmister Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 05:16:50 pm »

StuH42 is fine as it is.  I can't count the number of times I've de-maned AT guns, mortars, and HMG's in one shot.
Wildfire
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 05:26:16 pm »

yes please dont try and put the callie and stuh in the same light ok. You can buy like 10 stuh's for the price of 2 callies ok. Also, callies have a 2-3 minute cool down, stuh's fire every 5-10 seconds, there is no comparison. Also, when reinforcements come, you will have the hummel, which is better than the howitzer and callie
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:33 pm »

Lol, why are noobs always making such threads like these... rofl

StuH = Tier1/cheap
Calli = Tier 3 or 4(can't remember) /Expensive + a longer cool-down...

Stop comparing Callis with StuHs... annoying piece of shit!

Angry

why is everyone except me retarded?
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 09:10:09 pm »

StuH42 in its current form would do too much damage too fast with extended range. The cost, rate of fire and many other stats would have to be changed to make it an arty piece.

That being said, even with its current range, it's mighty effective used properly...

Tym
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 10:09:18 pm »

StuH = Tier1/cheap

Angry

also, at tier 2 they get a range increase and then heat rounds at t4.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 11:03:54 pm »

StuH42 in its current form would do too much damage too fast with extended range. The cost, rate of fire and many other stats would have to be changed to make it an arty piece.

That being said, even with its current range, it's mighty effective used properly...

QTF, I finished that game with what? 50 kills, Stuh's frequently get that many kills, they're very useful when used well.
Gishank Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 02:59:36 am »

The StuH-42 only possessed a 105mm (10.5cm/4.1 inch) leHR howitzer varient. You have to remember that it is an anti-infantry/structure weapon, and to be honest, to fire at a range remotely equal to the Sherman Callopie, would most likely shatter it's chassis.

Although it could use a small increase to it's range.

MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 03:05:03 am »

StuH42 tips:

It fires over uncrushable-hedgerows. It cannot fire over green crushable-hedgerows.

It can fire over a house after it's been destroyed.

It does about 2/3s the damage of a regular tank against tanks so if someone comes hunting your StuH42 and you have shrek/pak support, feel free to slug it out. StuH42s CAN kill tanks that don't move much.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 11:48:48 am »

StuH = Tier1/cheap

Angry

-No Flaming one another

Besides: I am NOT Comparing Calliope and StuH42 Together, some of you may have gotten the wrong point. Those two are not the same unit and not in the same cathegory either
Geez

-Not meaning ÜBER Range for StuH42 like Howy range or any other range. Just a range like an AT gun perhaps? Still able to be stopped by AT gun but it still can fire a decent round from distance to support infantry. Spotter required for effective fire.

For others. MistenTHA:

It can only fire over uncrushable-hedgerows? Usually StuH42 shots get blocked by hedgerows, that's rather annoying when trying to fire over them. Had had one incident where StuH42 shot DISAPPEARED while it tried to fire over a destroyed building on RTC, that was...eh...odd...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:51:53 am by NightRain » Logged
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 12:29:32 pm »

Actually a skirted StuH is one of the best unit in the game with his high AoE dmg it is hard to kill by rrs/zooks you can even dare to hit an at gun frontally because you have a good chance to decrew that. Support it with the allmighty schrek/s and you are protected from sherman as well.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 01:22:53 pm »

StUH actually has 5 more range than the StuG

StuH = 45
StuG = 40

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 02:50:26 pm »

The real problem is that against infantry it has shitty accuracy, then factor in moving targets and that whole accuracy thing gets thrown out the fucking window and the gunner just closes his eyes and fires randomly. I mean .4 accuracy against elite/heroic armor means that moving rangers play dodgeball with the stuh shells. Accuracy to .75 across the board would make it a tad more scary.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 03:29:18 pm »

but when it hits infantry its devastating and also, even if you neer hit the infantyr,  the fact that they HAVE to move, can make them run into a trap you set, move out a sector you n eed to cap, etc. It's a good tactical weapon.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Gen Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 11:46:58 pm »

A stuh is 2 cps for a reason.

No its not necessary to sneak a pak and several storm trooper squads behind to kill their calliope if the game is already over.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 12:10:17 am »

Stuh is awesome...If you have the chance to micro it then it can sometimes be even be better for forcefire the ground.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 12:19:15 am »

AmPm wrote a guide to the StuH42 a while ago... he used to be a god at using the ground shot ability to damage stuff without exposing the tank.  Very effective splash damage.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc