Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:35:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The MG42.  (Read 8055 times)
Atlanton Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 12:58:56 am »

Brad you don't even play this game anymore.

And good players never complain (no offense).

I guess EIRR doesn't have any good players then.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 01:02:34 am »

I guess EIRR doesn't have any good players then.

Burn

BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 01:06:32 am »

I've been having some serious Pc problems, fucking vista 64bit wont let me patch fully...
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 01:24:51 am »

EIR has tons of good players.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 02:18:37 am »

id play vcoh with a good eirr player before i played with a good vcoh player =D

probably get our butts kicked in the whole build order thing, but eirr players seem to have really good micro.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 02:27:25 am »

EIR has tons of good players.

yay i feel part of something

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 02:31:36 am »

probably get our butts kicked in the whole build order thing, but eirr players seem to have really good micro.
Eir players only seem to have better micro cause they have less units too fight with and can concentrate their efforts, Vcoh players will own Eir players up easily in the long run...
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 02:37:13 am »

Eir players only seem to have better micro cause they have less units too fight with and can concentrate their efforts, Vcoh players will own Eir players up easily in the long run...

well at the very least, id like to think eirr players have more fun for their time =D which is obviously completely based on opinion
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 02:39:38 am »

Overall its pretty accurate.

in EIRR you really learn how to micro units really, really well.  But at most you may have 40 pop of stuff on which is tonnes of control, and start to macro a bit (eg blobs).

in VCoH you must take control of an economy such as spend money as often as you can, take real strategic points (much less like in EIR where they dont matter as much) and then above that all control units.  it takes more management and you usually dont get the best out of all your units either.

However the goal in both games is to use the units you produce as cost effectively as possible.  In both games it means repairing tanks as much as possible and reinforcing/keeping infantry alive.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:03 am »

Exzactly! you can't retreat your mg. Presevation of the mg is "pack up".. and run back. In the process of time its screwed. How often do you see a well microed MG actually do damage in this mod without getting gayed by something else? It rarely happens. Make one error and you have AT guns sniping the thing, mortared, Shermaned, or any other unit that I can add -ed to emphasize my point.

Well, you could at least retreat the crew and later try to recrew the mg if it hasn't been destroyed. But you should try to take fewer MGs and go away from the maximum you use to get in vCoH where you try to push your enemy back into base.

In EiRR it is sometimes enough to have it sit somewhere to protect units like a nebel. Extremely good if you put it in a bunker, as that thing gives you better protection and a 360° MG42 position.

Try to get the combination of mortar/mg/pak together, the rest of your pop could be floating in grens/volks/tanks that help them out if they get into trouble.

And honestly i rather have my mgs sit in a house turning 360° shooting every fucker that comes near.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 03:31:21 am »

I think a part of your problem with MGs stems from the fact that you are perceiving them from a vCOH point of view. In EIRR, the true power of an MG is not so much its killing power but the suppression. Suppressed squads can't retreat back to their base like in vCOH so if the MG doesn't get taken out fast enough you will be forced to retreat the suppressed squads. In EIRR HMGs are all about area denial and much less about actual killing power.

It's when MGs are a part of a solid defensive position, backed up by a pak/multiple schrecks and a mortar, that they truly shine in EIR, making them well worth the investment.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 03:43:19 am »

EIRR seems to focus more on mobility and area denial and control. In vcoh you cut them offf from resources, in EIRR you deny them the map. in vcoh holding a key building doesn't matter as much as cutting off a fuel point, the opposite in eirr. but of course the real core of vcoh is 1v1, and the real core of eirr is 2v2 and 3v3 in most peoples opinion. so it plays out so very different.

either way, it seems this convo focuses more on MGs in general maybe, and not just the MG42. and i would agree, more time in eirr and realizing how different it plays out before making too big of assumptions, but we all make the same assumptions when we first come to eirr. so it's nothing new. i do believe that eirr focuses more on the use of cover with it's units too. in vcoh you become so accustomed to simply retreating and recrewing, in eirr you have to get used to recrewing with new squads, and keeping your support weapons themselves as long as possible. I rarely focused on repairing my ATGs and such in vcoh, in eirr it becomes a habit, well, if you have a triage or something, forgot about the new repair system =P .

also keep in mind in eirr you can call out multiple MGs at the same time, that's one of my favorite things in fact, calling in 3 bikes to kill a sniper, or calling in 2 ATGs with AP rounds to take care of a tiger. if this guy is really some vcoh master, i think he will enjoy the freedom of no building management, and really getting close with every squad he puts on the field.

also nothing is worse then a player who effectively fields all the MGs they can, and the infantry to recrew them every time =)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:45:14 am by RikiRude » Logged
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 04:39:35 am »

My only problems with mgs is when you press abandon button, there is still animation on guy unpacking mg, which is kinda stupid.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 05:19:17 am »

Its also 3 pop compared to riflemen's 5 and you can't retreat and reinforce in this mod.

MGs are extremely good if anything.

Exzactly! you can't retreat your mg. Presevation of the mg is "pack up".. and run back. In the process of time its screwed. How often do you see a well microed MG actually do damage in this mod without getting gayed by something else? It rarely happens. Make one error and you have AT guns sniping the thing, mortared, Shermaned, or any other unit that I can add -ed to emphasize my point.

Why move and repack mg when u can spam 100volks to reman any dead support weapons

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 06:34:32 am »

Because they have an availability of 8.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 06:54:18 am »

Mg's are very effective if you catch enemies in your sight,

Allied elite infantry will be forced to use fire up or smoke to escape, other infantry can be suppressed and then attacked with anything and they will die.

MG's don't usually get very many kills but they can cause the enemy to lose a lot of units.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 07:05:14 am »

My only problems with mgs is when you press abandon button, there is still animation on guy unpacking mg, which is kinda stupid.

Gotta agree.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc