Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:12:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 14, 2024, 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riflemen avaliability sucks. 'Nuff' said.  (Read 7697 times)
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 09:28:47 am »

I agree that riflemen are not available enough, when compared to the number of available Axis infantry types.  Wehrmacht 20 total (not counting pios), 24 if you are Blitz.  PE 24 total, 38 if you are Luftwaffe.  US Airborne & Infantry are still at 16, with Armor at 12.

That said, personally I have nowhere near enough manpower to field even the current maximum of 12 rifle squads, let alone the muni to upgrade them, while still fielding rangers, HMG, ATG, mortar, shermans, M10s, etc.  So to some extent there is a hidden availability cap which prevents a player from affording more without sacrificing support, armor, etc.

Again, these things can be addressed through doctrine options, but US would need a little more help increasing the available number than Axis would, in terms of doctrine design.

Of course as Salan mentioned there is always the 30 PP reinforcement doctrine, but that begs the question as to why US might feel compelled to select a doctrine choice to arrive at numerical parity rather than to select a reinforcement for flavor or additional specialized units, as other factions can afford to do.

4 more rifleman available wouldn't break anything, and would at least be a little more fair in terms of infantry options.  And they would still be pound for pound weaker than their wehrmacht counterparts - even if somewhat stronger than their PE counterparts.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 09:36:40 am »

hey calm

axis can only get 8 grens..

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 09:45:27 am »

and 8 volks, and kchs.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 09:52:08 am »

and 8 volks, and kchs.

Cuz they are different units? Hmmm....

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 10:00:22 am »

And it's not that every Axis player uses 8 grens and 8 volks and 4 kch. People tend to choose a mix of these.
That's the only real advantage while Allies have to refer to their mainstream soldiers (that are decent allrounders).

That said, personally I have nowhere near enough manpower to field even the current maximum of 12 rifle squads, let alone the muni to upgrade them, while still fielding rangers, HMG, ATG, mortar, shermans, M10s, etc.

So why do people still cry about not enough rifles if they even can't afford to buy the max. It's the same for axis. Everyone has to figure what fits best. It's not that every axis uses his max of infantry and other things.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 10:01:46 am »

brad plays armour.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:03 am »

Yo Salan, will there be an option to buy resources or am I not understanding something?

hopefully not because it wide opens the door for spaming units
e.g. i could buy more fallschirmjäger for some PP but i've not the munition to equip them with FG42

spaming some elite units works only when you have much munitions for their upgrades

and buying munitions for PP (that can't be lost after a battle) is a bad idea because i would get the 7 rangers in my US all with thomsons and bazookas making a huge allround elite blob available

that would be not good especially for new players

And 2 stuhs will own ur blob.....

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 11:28:27 am »

Yo Salan, will there be an option to buy resources or am I not understanding something?

hopefully not because it wide opens the door for spaming units
e.g. i could buy more fallschirmjäger for some PP but i've not the munition to equip them with FG42

spaming some elite units works only when you have much munitions for their upgrades

and buying munitions for PP (that can't be lost after a battle) is a bad idea because i would get the 7 rangers in my US all with thomsons and bazookas making a huge allround elite blob available

that would be not good especially for new players

And 2 stuhs will own ur blob.....

i definately never saw 2 stuh on the field at the same time..
DeadlyShoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33:41 am »

You can't afford max rifles if you are AB or Inf because Rangers and Airborne are expensive.  If you get your 4 elite infantry you'll have trouble going over 12 rifles without hurting your ability to field armor or support units.

This may be the most offensive thing I've read.  At least, today.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 11:35:52 am »

it's quite a regular combo in my experience, i guess it's the ulitmate wehr solution to brit doom-blobs

the main concern seems to be of armour players, who have a shit load of MP left over after maxing out on tanks (which isn't very many nowadays)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc