Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:29:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Tank Hunters - Telescopic sights  (Read 8025 times)
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 11:21:11 pm »

just look at the leaderboard list for the 50mm and compare to the other atht...

I understand it's a new unit but it needs to be looked at, especially when combined with telescopic, as it was outranging a firefly with a cct.....

maybe let it keeps it range and have it fire as often as a geschutzwagen

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 11:23:56 pm »

It's a bitch to face.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 11:29:06 pm »

Another suggestion might be to increase its damage from tank guns. Although it has "paper" armor, it fairs well against most tanks in 1v1 combat. If tanks like the sherman or at the very least FF are given weapon modifiers, this might help eleviate the problem. As it stands, it only really has paper armor against a 57mm, and with doctrine unlocks its hard counter can be negated to an extent.

If tanks 2-3 shot it, we might have a decent solution. Right now, the best counter to the 50mm ATHT is elite infantry. If you run with airborne, I like to send in riflemen w/ bars followed by airborne with RR's. This usually is enough to pin PG's and push in your airborne. Rangers can work by themselves, but you might get unlucky with the bazooka unless you have tank reapers. Even then, you'll want to get into medium range.

As far as brits go, I think they have a much harder time countering the 50mm then the americans. Thats were this discussion is really rooted at, I'll start a new thread to actually get into the details of how to counter the 50 mm.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 11:38:41 pm »

I talked to nevyen and ampm about this, they seemed hesistant to agree with me and claimed it was a situation blessed by EIRRMOD. I'm sure EIRRMOD will pick up on this sooner or later, however.
If by 'blessed' you mean I said yes to the ATHT, then you are correct.

I changed the ATHT from being locked down to fire, to unlocked with a slightly less range than an AT gun, providing a counter to it - AT guns, and small fire (to a lesser extent).

The issue does not stem from the ATHT, it stems from the T4.

Thanks for listening, and blessings on all your Panthers and Shermans.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
BigDick
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 01:31:03 am »

As for PE ability to harass the "at lines", there's something called flanks, baiting, and most importantly the hotchkiss stuka and the mortar halftracks, assault nades etc. Noone else fights dug in positions without sacrificial units etc. Of course, the hotchkiss stuka and the mortar ht might need buffs if this is currently impossible to do.

I've been saying for a while that I think the mortar ht should receive +5 range, PE needs their mortar. Right now using it in the open is pretty tough because of at guns creeping up on it.

but smokaz you say a mortar HT needs more range because its AT gun food in the open.....you should know that the mortar HT has 70 range....that is +5 more than an AT HT with telescopic sights

they have similar health and armor...if a mortar that mortaring AT guns in the open can be sniped by moving the AT gun 5 meters up why not the AT halftrack with telescopic sight  and even lower range?

i  agree with panthers would be insane having 70 range since they can take some beating and maybe the marder too since it can take more beating than other PE vehicles...

PE is kind of weak against AT weapons like AT guns...and they have problems to stop rush of infantry (since the lack of suppression) the most deadly thing are combining this two worlds -> men packed AT like RR airbornes completely rape PE

take advance on that
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 09:58:54 pm »

Hey guys,

The +10 range given by this ability is a bit too much I'm finding. More so when its used with the 50mm ATHT. To put this into perspective, +10 range is a %20-30 increase in range on most AT platforms for a tank hunter.  First off, I think range buffs should NOT be added to units as it causes too many balance issues. Secondly, if they are given, they must be done so with extreme caution.

I am either proposing removing/reducing the range increase on the T4 or removing it from the ATHT and the Marder if it has not already been done. 65 meter range is just too great, causing these units to easily snipe and destroy most armor. The amount of effort it takes to counter these units, specically the 50mm, is far too great. Essentially, this unit has become a mobile flak 88, exchanging damage/range for mobility/cost.

I realize the 50mm ATHT and doctrines are still being balanced, so I am simply bringing this up so the devs are aware that many allies are having an extremely difficult time dealing with these new units. Part of it is due to the fact that we still need to learn the proper counters, but when in the hands of good players, countering units with 65 meters in range is not easy.

What do the rest of you think, lets try and keep this unbiased/civil.

PQ
Obviosly an aliied lover compaining.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 10:03:55 pm »

PQ plays both u cacataster lmao

On topic: I actually haven't had much experience facing Telescopic Sight companies so I cannot comment much.
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 10:12:38 pm »

PQ plays both u cacataster lmao

On topic: I actually haven't had much experience facing Telescopic Sight companies so I cannot comment much.

But allied are his preffered option, no?  Just look at 35% increased damage and accucracy and then cry about about 10 increase in range.  What being used at the moment most and abused, airbourne. So stop your whining.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:25 pm »

Not whining at all.

Like I said I have not played against Telescopic Sight enough to say anything about it but I do agree Airborne are the most feared unit.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:14:56 pm by jackmccrack » Logged
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 10:16:32 pm »

Not whining at all.

Like I said I have not played against Telescopic Sight enough to say anything about it but I do agree Airborne are the most feared unit.

Like I said no body uses it, so not too worry.  Not like airbourne spam, that is coomon place with all there cheap buffs.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 10:19:38 pm »

AMPM currently has it in his PE TH Company. I haven't faced it myself, but I know his 50mm ATHT Out-ranges Allied ATG in the replays I saw.
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 10:26:50 pm »

AMPM currently has it in his PE TH Company. I haven't faced it myself, but I know his 50mm ATHT Out-ranges Allied ATG in the replays I saw.

So thats one,  not like the 10+ airbourne spammers.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 01:17:03 am »

In this thread, there was 1, single person that was not a dev/mod and who plays axis that responded to PQs thread without derogatory, flaming or demeaning in his post.

Right after PQ posted a well worded, non-flaming, literate opinion on the matter, and ASKED for people not to resort to childish antics.

Do you want me to point to the person who was doing it right, or can maybe you guys find out who it was yourself, rethink, and try again?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc