Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 04:40:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luftwaffe somewhat messed up?  (Read 6423 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 10:16:21 pm »

Nobody knows exactly lmao, because it's different depending on green/red/yellow/trench/garrison/smoke, but Bob told me it was around 50% better.

Twice as good for heavy/garrison, 2.5x better for smoke, half penalty for light.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 02:30:08 am »

Who likes the new luftwaffe? The only thing I have been looking forward to was the riflegrenades which performs amiably although the smoke ability they are supposed to have wasn't added. With the ambush bonus they can score some nice hits plus they work when covered by smoke, can shoot through buildings and inside halftracks which is really good imo. Ace suggestion, yes I take all credit.

But what about the rest of the doctrine?

I am somewhat dissapointed about what this doctrine looks like currently, and this isn't about my set of ideas being molested (I suggested a very different draft) but something I have been hearing from a lot of other players upon my return.

The current doctrine is a mess. Some of my gripes/confusion are as following:

Mechanized Scout
- Swimm already can't move while cloaked, it shouldn't be penalized for using cloak. Penalties for cloaking shouldn't be there. I think its bugged as well, cause it sure wasnt cloaking when i tried to cloak earlier.

Weapons Training
Hello, is this doctrine ability built around PE stealing the better support weapons of other factions? Inventive, but pretty limited.

Fortress Europe
FSJ build faster? What are FSJ building? They are a specialized combat troop, the waffles are the engineer-like unit. FSJ should get a different bonus, if anything at all from the FE T4.

I could go on, but what I think this doctrine suffers the most from is that its too spread out. Look at the bottom passive T4, Planned Offensive. Its a bucket of different buffs just splashed together. Some of it is just plain silly too, infrared sights in WW2? Where's my lazors?

we've been through all this in your absence smokaz, Bob and Gamesguy refuse to implement your/EliteGren's version, so there's fuckall you can do about this POS version in now.  

here: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=15920.0 and here: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=15826.0

oh, and in the future, all doctrines are going to be modeled after luft, instead of conforming luft to the doctrine design now, and implementing a few nerfs to balance things.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:34:06 am by CrazyWR » Logged

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 07:02:41 am »

More like, you're clueless about who to blame/doctrine guidelines, so don't.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 08:59:41 am »

I just hope we take this as some kind of omen. Yes, the doctrines need to be balancable but they have to be fun too.

If all doctrines are to become exacerbated versions of no-doctrine factions, no creativity, no theme/loose theme, then why even pick a doctrine at all?

We know that its possible to create doctrines that fall outside the guidelines and are balanceable. Terror is very much balanced, I think and fun at the same time. Each tree emphasizes a playstyle without changing the direct role of how Wehrmact should be played.

Yes, doctrines can be refined to be balanced off of each other, but we just need to be very careful on where we tread next.

We can all help tbh. theres no reason for this kind of development to exist solely in a vacuum.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 10:48:13 am »

More like, you're clueless about who to blame/doctrine guidelines, so don't.

blame me, it usually works for a while Wink

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 10:50:06 am »

I just hope we take this as some kind of omen. Yes, the doctrines need to be balancable but they have to be fun too.

If all doctrines are to become exacerbated versions of no-doctrine factions, no creativity, no theme/loose theme, then why even pick a doctrine at all?

We know that its possible to create doctrines that fall outside the guidelines and are balanceable. Terror is very much balanced, I think and fun at the same time. Each tree emphasizes a playstyle without changing the direct role of how Wehrmact should be played.

Yes, doctrines can be refined to be balanced off of each other, but we just need to be very careful on where we tread next.

We can all help tbh. theres no reason for this kind of development to exist solely in a vacuum.

I gotta agree with you there!  Lack of theme kills desire to play the factions after you get past the cool unit factor ;(
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:43 am »

The devs need to hold one doctrine in their hands and say "this is close to what we want the doctrines to be like" so people can actually critique either the implementation or the reasoning behind the implementation's ruleset in that doctrine or compare others to it

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:00:59 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 12:44:15 pm »

Groundfire - the doctrines are like basic iron. In contact with fresh air - they rust. Hence they're put in a vacuum.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 12:53:42 pm »

Yoda Says: No sense, your post does make.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 01:03:14 pm »

The devs need to hold one doctrine in their hands and say "this is close to what we want the doctrines to be like" so people can actually critique either the implementation or the reasoning behind the implementation's ruleset in that doctrine or compare others to it

+1

Doctrines need to stick to theme's, that's why people play them.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 02:11:48 pm »

Ground - you did have basic chemistry, right?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 02:22:52 pm »

mysthalin - I know why Iron rusts. The contextual ideas and standards a doctrine should be based around is not Iron.

I also understood your metaphor and I dont think that attitude should be taken as an approach to doctrine design.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 02:47:59 pm »

@Ground, but, but, what about buffs to Iron Cross'
/smug :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc