Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:37:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New anti smurf system?  (Read 11069 times)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 06:32:45 pm »

What I would like to see for the good of the mod is a absence of phony company names tied to 0-post forum accounts. Accountability, you could say. Maybe this is impossible?

I guess I would also expect that known community members aren't playing under phony forum names in the launcher while posting on normal forum accounts aka their "mains"?

A downside of the current system is that it requires all this manual labour. Player has to report, dev has to check. You can see how that is annoying yes? You who spend 2 hours a day laboring with the forum.

Can be done, (eventually it will be automatically like you said).... the thing is I'm pretty sure we need Phil + EIRRMOD for that. Until the warmap is done I don't see it happening any time soon™.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 06:33:45 pm »

This thread is epic!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 06:36:10 pm »

Not to mention I have no faith in the way you check them anyway.

Few months back, morka made a new account called Activity. Killer caught.on, but somehow morka managed to convince him it was his new neighbour... If someone can convince Killer, the only good moderater left around here that he's not a Smurf, then I'm worried.
Would have stayed that way too, with out my sublime detective worm which finally ousted him as morka. he hated me for it, but it was worth it.

And now recently tank, your brashness resulted in you almost deleting the accounts of a couple guys who were brothers of calbanes. Your computer signature thing works real well huh?

Back then we only had IPs to trace people.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 06:48:47 pm »

In relation to computer signatures and IP tracking, when my brother and I used to play, we played from two different computers, logging in to whichever computer was available at the time.

Under the 'new' smurfing rules, would we both be banned as we'd have identical signatures and IP addresses? Seems pretty odd. OMG had a system that works, if you're brothers, you have to manually request a second forum account, because their forums won't let you create two accounts from the same IP.

Is that too hard?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 06:49:53 pm »

Yeah, and if one person can cheat the system, anybody can. Do you not get that?

The Whiners in this thread think the anti smurfing system should go, because in their little minds it does not work.

It is against the law to pirate vCoh. Relic has a system in place to prevent piracy. You need a valid key to play it.
As we all know, it is possible to get a key gen, pirate the game and play it.

Following your failed logic, if one can do it, anyone can do it, so Relic should just give the game away for free........ Do you not see that?

There is no problem with the Anti smurfing system. The problem is with a very small minority of morons who cry "SMURF!!" when they see a new name or name they do not recognize.

The Anti smurfing system was never designed to "stop stomps". It was designed to stop high rank players from posing as newbs to intentionally stomp newbs.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 06:53:15 pm »

In relation to computer signatures and IP tracking, when my brother and I used to play, we played from two different computers, logging in to whichever computer was available at the time.

Under the 'new' smurfing rules, would we both be banned as we'd have identical signatures and IP addresses? Seems pretty odd. OMG had a system that works, if you're brothers, you have to manually request a second forum account, because their forums won't let you create two accounts from the same IP.

Is that too hard?

Absolutely not a problem - as stated in these threads somewhere (probably buried under a bunch of off topic whiny posts) we will be issuing what the Dev team refers to as "A pass" for that exact situation.

If you are brothers playing from the same home on the same computer, send us a PM and we can set it up to not be an issue.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »

If anyone wants me to run a check on someone, just PM me his Launcher Profile/Forum Name (please clarify).

It'll be a "quick" check, I'd say around 95% chance of success...........because I'm not going to waste around twenty minutes on each check to satisfy somebody's curiosity.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 07:03:12 pm »

It'll be a "quick" check, I'd say around 95% chance of success...........because I'm not going to waste around twenty minutes on each check to satisfy somebody's curiosity.

And that gents, is exactly why there may still be the odd smurf hanging about. To completely ensure all smurfs are removed, it takes about 20 minutes per person....... who the fuck has that kind of time.

Of course it is going to be a lot easier on the next wipe, when it will be a complete wipe of everything.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »

The revolution continues:

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23580.msg416296;topicseen#new

Save the smurfs!

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »

Yeah, and if one person can cheat the system, anybody can. Do you not get that?

Locked thread, but whatever.

If you use more than one account, on one computer - it can be tracked.

Thats it.  Nothing else.  Everything else has to be done manually at this time.  Banana.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 09:51:58 pm »

Is that too hard?
That'll be the idea spinn, as when that kind of thing occurs (as it does) - itd have to be on the same computer, not IP - but I see what you're getting at, and thats the line we'd like to take.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc