Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:50:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to counter mortar pit spam? - the sequel to how to counter wehr mortar spam  (Read 12011 times)
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 08:36:11 am »

Firstly how can u compair an 88 to a mortar pit? They do different roles (the motar pit is AI, while the 88 is AA/AT). The motor pit is a joke to kill once set up unless you but rush it with loads of units. Every allied players knows this so puts ATG's and MG's next to it.

Firstly the need to be more vulnerable against fire damage so you can burn the crew out without having to destroy it.

Latios stop coming up with stupid comments and this topic is about how to counter mortar pits not bring something which is so offtopic.

What you described is an exact problem most allied players have with an 88. And yes, 88 is a pretty decent AI weapon at the moment. So if you want to nerf a mortar pit because its too hard to knock out when its supported with a minimal support team then nerf the 88 as well. Otherwise, suck it down.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:37:58 am by DuckOfDoom » Logged
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:06 am »

Latios stop coming up with stupid comments and this topic is about how to counter mortar pits not bring something which is so offtopic.

what the FUCK are you talking about? I was making a sarcastic comment about how ridiculous a comparison of mortar pit and flak36 is. You know, like you're making a similar (non-sarcastic) comment about. Shut the fuck up. And learn to read while you're at it.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 08:48:17 am »

WOW someone has a low temper. Grin Well don't put sarc comments when they r not needed.

On another note iv seen people take the 88 easy on the allies side. Just use their regular elite inf spam and take it down within few min. So I don't see the problem with 88 but mortar pits r stronger and harder to take down. ( On an 88 you can take out the crew unlike the mortar pit where you have to destroy it).

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:00 am »

WOW someone has a low temper. Grin Well don't put sarc comments when they r not needed.

Yes, I get quite angry when a dumbass fails to read and insults me for saying the same thing he's saying in another way.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 09:05:12 am »

Right everyone in this thread is on notice, anymore random rubbish about anyone and the thread will be locked and the lot of you put on warning.

I don't care who started what, it stops now.

Nev.

Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 09:07:18 am »

Sry Sad
BigDick
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 10:07:18 am »

Firstly how can u compair an 88 to a mortar pit? They do different roles (the motar pit is AI, while the 88 is AA/AT). The motor pit is a joke to kill once set up unless you but rush it with loads of units. Every allied players knows this so puts ATG's and MG's next to it.

Firstly the need to be more vulnerable against fire damage so you can burn the crew out without having to destroy it.

What you described is an exact problem most allied players have with an 88. And yes, 88 is a pretty decent AI weapon at the moment. So if you want to nerf a mortar pit because its too hard to knock out when its supported with a minimal support team then nerf the 88 as well. Otherwise, suck it down.

wait a minute other than flaks mortar pits don't need a direct line of fire, other than flaks they can be set up on an other place, flaks have no free healing and other than flaks they cant be off/on map artyed, sniped, or "stolen"

and why the fuck we need to compares a mortar pit to a flak?

a mortar pit can be compared to invulnerable by indirect fire, self healing longest range mortars that are cheaper than wehr mortars and much much better

i really wont see these currently 95 range mortar pits with supercharged rounds and 120range covering most eir maps in one direction completely

they should be either much more expensive in pop and ressources or like in vCOH not moveable...

the advantages of mortar pits would be the long range and that they cant be countered by indirect fire
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 10:44:02 am »

Resiliant to indirect fire =/= invulnerable.
Stop exaggerating.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:38 am »

The only reason I brought up flaks was because someone said how a properly supported mortar pit dominates a part of the map, much like a flak 88.

So i thought, whats a flak 88s biggest weakness? Setting up... So why not transfer that to the mortar pit and leave it as that.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Silverstone Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 11:23:52 am »

I have two of these things in my company and they're quite tough to indirect fire, indeed. As mentioned small arms, flamers and shrecks clear them out before you can say `roflecopter`. But then i guess if you have a defensive position set up behind it, you can't very well waltz in there and kill it, so in that regard I can sorta see the comparison to either of the flaks. Personally i think i would rather have the mobility of the wehr mortar over the pit. Its great to have in a defensive situation, but takes 30 seconds to repack and vulnerable while building or remaining unbuilt. (crew running around)

Even without the mortar pit, i don't think i'd touch the 2inch mortar available to all CW. Maybe one just to be cool.

BigDick
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 11:30:53 am »

The only reason I brought up flaks was because someone said how a properly supported mortar pit dominates a part of the map, much like a flak 88.

So i thought, whats a flak 88s biggest weakness? Setting up... So why not transfer that to the mortar pit and leave it as that.

yeah weakness of the flak is to set it up in a good spot...while it is being set up its can be killed very quick and once it is set up it will stay there

why not transfer that to mortar pit? would fix the free healing problem too

make the mortar emplacement not redeployable after it is set up
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:00 am »

make the mortar emplacement not redeployable after it is set up

lol....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Speigass Offline
banzai
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 12:03:03 pm »

Well imobile mortar emplacement is not so bad idea. I could agree with that.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »

FlaK also counters vehicles, infantry, and support weaponry, in a larger radius than the mortar pit does. It self-heals and has a more resistant armor type, although the crew are vulnerable.

Mortar pit needs to be mobile or it's a total waste of time and money.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 12:51:05 pm »

Mortar pits are vulnerable while being set up. It's just like setting up a bunker, any type of fire on the building mortar pit will kill it. You can also shoot the crew building it. Or, you can lob some arty or whatever at the mortar pit, wait until it unpacks and then go and kill it with AI while it's on the move, lots of different strategies.

Comparing the 88 to the mortar pit is ridiculous. The 88 does more damage and will have indirect fire soon through docs, can't wait to see what that's like /sarcasm.

I say leave mortar pits alone, I've seen many 2 of them since 006, and I think certain people are upset that someone has a counter to their mortar spam that doesn't involve artillery.

It's so funny seeing "good players" create threads about things that are able to counter their strategies. Obviously, you need to have another strategy in place to deal with mortar pits if they're that much of a problem to you lol. I don't think i've ever seen more than one mortar pit on the field in any of my games, so obviously BigDick, someone found a way to beat you, so deal with it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 01:01:29 pm »

Mortar pits are vulnerable while being set up. It's just like setting up a bunker, any type of fire on the building mortar pit will kill it. You can also shoot the crew building it. Or, you can lob some arty or whatever at the mortar pit, wait until it unpacks and then go and kill it with AI while it's on the move, lots of different strategies.

What was the argument you guys brought in the 88 thread about the same thing?
Oh yeah right, what about allies defend?  Shocked

Comparing the 88 to the mortar pit is ridiculous. The 88 does more damage and will have indirect fire soon through docs, can't wait to see what that's like /sarcasm.

Well it does more damage, but it's a different gun; the thing is, it has nearly the same annoyance factor Wink
And that's a T4 you are talking about, i would wait before you already start whining in advance, especially since only 4 or 5 PE guys have a 88 and what are the odds that everyone takes that as T4? (No please, no smart ass answer to this rhethorical question)

I say leave mortar pits alone, I've seen many 2 of them since 006, and I think certain people are upset that someone has a counter to their mortar spam that doesn't involve artillery.

It's so funny seeing "good players" create threads about things that are able to counter their strategies. Obviously, you need to have another strategy in place to deal with mortar pits if they're that much of a problem to you lol. I don't think i've ever seen more than one mortar pit on the field in any of my games, so obviously BigDick, someone found a way to beat you, so deal with it.

Funny how when Axis talk about Mortar pits, it is just pissed off people who got pwned by that unit and now want to flame about it in the forum, while when allies come here and do the same with the 88, it must be the real pro guys who know how to balance  Roll Eyes

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 01:02:41 pm »

The 88 does more damage and will have indirect fire soon through docs, can't wait to see what that's like /sarcasm.
Don't forget that it will come in a sexy emplacement structure Smiley.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 01:03:59 pm »

The 88 does more damage and will have indirect fire soon through docs, can't wait to see what that's like /sarcasm.
Don't forget that it will come in a sexy emplacement structure Smiley.

oh lawd, so no arty then rush to recrew anymore eh? Wonderful, thakns unknown!!! /sarcasm.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 01:05:25 pm »

I think the ability was scrapped anyway.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 01:06:52 pm »

Tis a shame, I've always wanted indirect fire FlaK 36 in CoH...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc