Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:21:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how many?  (Read 19833 times)
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 05:39:07 pm »

2 on one gren squad.  Most of the time I don't want my inf shooting there own cover away.
This is 100% correct, though I've noticed they shoot their own cover less often recently.

PaKs do more damage, and tanks are more mobile/reliable/generalized.
I have two (both on one Gren), but just because I need low-pop, mobile AT in my first call in.
Honestly, I'd rather take any other man-packed AT ('Zooks, RRs, PIATS), as they're much more cost-effective.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 05:53:59 pm »

Honestly, I'd rather take any other man-packed AT ('Zooks, RRs, PIATS), as they're much more cost-effective.

This. All of them are inferior on a one-by-one basis, but when you realize that they all get 2 for equal to or less than the price of a single shreck you start to appreciate how good PIATs and RRs are.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 06:00:38 pm »

This. All of them are inferior on a one-by-one basis, but when you realize that they all get 2 for equal to or less than the price of a single shreck you start to appreciate how good PIATs and RRs are.

yes and no. The fact is, over time, you can do more damage with schrecks because when you hit, they hit hard and have better penetration power but zooks have poor penetration, piats are good only cuz they usually hit top armor cuz of their arc and rr's have good penetration but only i think 65 dmg.

so all in all, i'd rather have schrecks to pay for than zooks or rr's or piats. because it combines the strength's of all 3

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »

The strength's of all 3? yeah sure, play with the wher plz.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 06:28:01 pm »

yes and no. The fact is, over time, you can do more damage with schrecks because when you hit, they hit hard and have better penetration power but zooks have poor penetration, piats are good only cuz they usually hit top armor cuz of their arc and rr's have good penetration but only i think 65 dmg.

so all in all, i'd rather have schrecks to pay for than zooks or rr's or piats. because it combines the strength's of all 3
Yes, you may do more damage over time, but when you take cost into account, other AT options are much more appealing.
You can have ~2 RRs, 2-3 PIATs, or 4-5 'Zooks for the price of one 'Schreck.
Then take into account the 'Zook's and the PIAT's crazy damage and accuracy modifiers against German vehicles, and you see that Zooks/PIATs can actually do more damage and be more accurate than Schrecks.
On top of all that take the platform's weakness into account (Grens and Storms have only four men, are easily 1-2 shot'd, or otherwise taken out by Allied vehicles, etc), and I'd much rather have any other form of AT.
BTW, I've played my Airborne company a lot recently, and I'd have to say RRs are the best hand-held AT weapon right now.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 06:28:21 pm »

YOU'RE COMPARING THEM ON A ONE-BY-ONE BASIS YOU NUBCAEK

Maybe I'll draw up a chart or something comparing them all in full depth. I dunno.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 06:31:37 pm »

btw, why are we even wasting time here? look who made it.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 06:33:18 pm »

yeah Illegal.. but in order to purchase 4 zooks you also have to spend 600mp. 600mp and 160mu for 4 zooks. but you can't just get zooks by themselves because you need thompsons to make rangers worth it because 6pop worth of rangers with rifles wont do anything against any sort of infantry. And lets face it, bazookas are not a solution to armor, and they can barely deter light vehicles. So overall.. the shreck still is more valuable.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 06:37:35 pm »

And Idk why people think grens aren´t survivable, they can take a beating and are a lot more easier to micro than ABS/Rangers, with schrecks you can usually shoot and get away before they hit you, with ABS/Rangers you need to get a bit closer to make sure that the 2 retards who are left behind with the AT weapons are in range to fire, which means that the p4 will hit them, and usually hard, and guess what, if it has skirts, gl trying to penetrate it.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »

3 in my PE, 4 marders for the rest.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »

yeah Illegal.. but in order to purchase 4 zooks you also have to spend 600mp. 600mp and 160mu for 4 zooks. but you can't just get zooks by themselves because you need thompsons to make rangers worth it because 6pop worth of rangers with rifles wont do anything against any sort of infantry. And lets face it, bazookas are not a solution to armor, and they can barely deter light vehicles. So overall.. the shreck still is more valuable.

....................................... ....................................... ....

Wow.

Dot. Dot. Dot.

So, it's ok to have 5 pop invested in a grenadier squad with a single shreck, but it's not ok to have 6 pop invested in a Ranger squad with double bazookas for slightly more MP and 66% of the munitions cost? As for the second comment...

"Let's face it, I'm pulling random shit out of my ass that completely goes against all statistics". Two bazookas perform similarly to one shreck (NOT ONE BAZOOKA, TWO), while being a full 33% cheaper (munitions wise, only 50 more manpower iirc, not a big deal), and coming on a platform that has better anti infantry capabilities (4 rifles vs 3 rifles), more hp, and better armour.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 06:41:59 pm »

Don't forget Fireup to get close or get away.

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 06:42:20 pm »

It's not random shit. 2 bazookas for 300mp and 220mu. When you learn how to play allies someday I'll give you points about conserving your army in order to compete with the axis.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 06:44:57 pm »

Yep you are right Latios418,

Oh wait, the price of such upgrades reflect otherwise... mmm.....which have always been pretty much like that since EIR existed.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 06:48:45 pm »

I don't think he realises that a bazooka has less than a 45% chance to penetrate Any piece of Wehrmacht armor besides the Ostwind, and a less than 50% chance to penetrate any piece of Panzer Elite armor. Here's a neat stat for you. a Bazooka has an 11% chance to penetrate a Panther w/ skirts. 17% regularly. Oh and the Bazooka only does 75 base dmg.

Now on a Similar note. The Panzershreck has a more than 45% to penetrate ANYTHING. And does 120dmg. So tell me I'm pulling shit out of my ass again, you're only making yourself look like an idiot be arguing with me.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 06:55:54 pm »

I don't think he realises that a bazooka has less than a 45% chance to penetrate Any piece of Wehrmacht armor besides the Ostwind, and a less than 50% chance to penetrate any piece of Panzer Elite armor. Here's a neat stat for you. a Bazooka has an 11% chance to penetrate a Panther w/ skirts. 17% regularly. Oh and the Bazooka only does 75 base dmg.

Now on a Similar note. The Panzershreck has a more than 45% to penetrate ANYTHING. And does 120dmg. So tell me I'm pulling shit out of my ass again, you're only making yourself look like an idiot be arguing with me.

And again you're arguing on a one by one basis. Two bazookas are cheaper than one panzershreck, and yet you argue one bazooka vs one panzershreck. This argument is done because you can't read.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 07:03:25 pm »

The zook is crappy as hell compared to the panzershrek. Panzershrek > all other infantry based at.

Its penetration is the key here. At medium range, it has 0.75 accuracy and very high penetration.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 07:11:26 pm »

Two bazookas if they penetrate do 150 dmg..  now mind you the thing they penetrate most is an Ostwind at 79% chance. Now a Shreck has a 89% chance to penetrate a Sherman. We'll say it this way just for the sake of.. I'm pretty much always right...

Ostwind vs Ranger - Ostwind has a 75% chance to hit. Now as I already stated, Rangers without Thompsons are worthless. Ostwind, if it kills 1 guy from a range squad that's okay. Bazookas will transfer from the 6 man to 5 man squad. Now whoever the ostwind kills from then on is dead and so is the weapon efficiency, especially if it happens to be a bazooka guy. Now in the time it takes to reload from a bazooka, and lets say for the hell of it the rangers get the first shots off. And both Penetrate Great.. that's 150 dmg done to the ostwind. Only 250 more to go.

Now Taking into account all of the above. The Ostwind will fire approximately 7 shots before before the next volley of bazookas fires. Lets say they hit again... Hooray! another 150 dmg. only 100 more to go. During the time that the volley was fireThe ostwind has let off another  3 shots and is reloading for it's 4 seconds. Bazookas reload in 8s btw. So the Ostwind gets to reload and fires another 4 shots.. But oh.. fuck! a zook guy died during the previous 10 shots So this time do to chance the rangers fired again and omfg.. how lucky are we.. it penetrated again! only 25 more dmg to go! But now the ostwind has let off another 6 shots and has effectively killed the ranger squad.. boo hoo. Sad

Also.. none of this scenario took into account the huge god damn scatter bazookas have.
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 07:15:51 pm »

Wow... This thread is starting to get filled with anger and hate Cry. The whole thread was asking a simple question of how many Panzerschreck people have in their company, but it ended up being a thread of people arguing about stats and shit... Wheres the love? Cry

I currently have 6 Schrecks in my PE account.
crimsonrobbit Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »

2 in my PE company (with supply drops its 4).
Marders and panthers are better imo.
However, i would like to pick RRs for my schrek squads because i find them better than zooks, but nowhere near as better as schreks. I like variety in my schrek squads.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:44:50 pm by crimsonrobbit » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc