Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:32:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how many?  (Read 19844 times)
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:26 pm »

clarified
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:54:08 pm by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 11:49:38 pm »

No jack it was reverted.

And on topic My company now has 5 Schreks for my new experimental and hilarious opening

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 11:50:05 pm »

better AI capabilities?

ostwind, wirblewind, armored car, puma, nebel, stuka, pziv (ist), hotchkiss stuka, inf ht, mortar ht

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 12:10:01 am »

I forgot about the damage mod when I wrote that, so I will concede that point. However, they still do 108 damage because of their huge damage mod, and often get rear armor hits due to their firing angle.

The damage mod is not extended to all targets and they need rear armor hits because they can't penetrate the front.

Ideally, yes, a Puma should beat PIATs all the time. But when you take certain factors into account, such as map terrain and pathing issues, and especially things like the PIAT's trajectory (over/through things) and PIAT Ambush, things lean back in favor of the PIAT.

I've raped the standard Brit starting call in of 2x brens, 2x piats, and LT with two ACs many, many times.

If you can't dodge piats, then its your own fault.  Yes sometimes terrain doesn't allow it.  So don't freaking engage him there.  Whats he gonna do?  Sit there in a giant blob and never move or cap territory?

I never said Skirts weren't a detriment to RRs, just that RRs were likely to pen anyways (which they are). I also that that despite their low damage, they easily out-DPS Schrecks due to their high accuracy (which is also true). In addition, the only reason RRs have the same front/rear penetration is because they pen 100% of the time, with the exception of Skirts and the tanks you listed.

They do not always out-dps shreks.  Against anything with skirts they do much less damage.

If an M8 keeps moving at max range, it can beat a Schreck squad easy.

No it can't.  My dual shrek grens used to eat M8s for breakfast, not anymore obviously.

Phase-through bug really does suck, but it's a Relic bug so there's nothing that can be done.  Undecided
Really, though, with the exception of one unit, the Puma, RRs are more accurate.

Its more than one vehicle, and the puma and the AC are both ubiquitous in axis companies.   Thats like if shreks phased through M8s, the whining would be epic.

RRs are more accurate against tanks yes, but they also do half the damage and are heavilly affected by skirts.

I already admitted that is was the Zooks main drawback. It is, however, made up for by the fact that Zooks are 1/3 the price of Schrecks, and get huge damage (and even accuracy) bonus against Axis tanks.

Their damage bonus does not make up for their shitty accuracy and penetration.  Unless your opponent is retarded and points his ass to you at all times.

Hardly.
Here's a comparison of Zooks and Schreks
Accuracy at L/M/S
.35/.6/1 <-Zook
.35/.75/1 <-Schreck
A 15% difference at (and only at) Mid range is hardly 'significant.' Factor in the Zooks accuracy modifiers against certain Axis tanks, and the difference becomes even smaller.

Now you are purposely being obtuse.  Have you checked RR accuracy lately?  Its exactly the same as the zook.  RRs hit so often because it has low scatter.  The shrek has much lower scatter compared to the bazooka.

I can't believe you can claim that RRs are hugely accurate but claim that zooks are almost as accurate as shreks in the same post.    RRs are accurate through the same exactly mechanic that makes bazookas inaccurate. 

The only doctrine that does not have hand-held AT is Armor, which can either use hand-held AT from a Reinforcement package, or use their superior armor for AT capabilities (which their doctrine upgrades lets them do easily).

How does this change the fact that shreks are more versatile?   If you want bazookas you are forced to buy it on rangers.  If you want RR you have to buy airborne.  Being airborne doesnt unlock RRs on rifles.  And even the bazooka for rifles doctrine ability in infantry isn't particularly good.  Because a single zook rifle is literally the most pop inefficient AT in the game.  You could beat that with an unupgraded halftrack.

Of course, the Schrecks huge price means that it is seen less often that other forms of AT. It seems that most people take six Schrecks in their battalion, yet it is not uncommon to see 10-12 RRs/Zooks/PIATs in each Allied battalion. I'd have to say the Schreck isn't more abundant than other AT; just the opposite.

6 shreks is about 750 munitions.   10 RR is 800 munitions, 10 zooks is 1100 munitions, and 10 piats is 500 munitions.

Shreks hit harder and is more versatile than all those listed above.  I'd rather have shreks with the possible exception of the RRs.

But RRs lock you into one doctrine, so I'd rather have shreks.

Grens have more HP per man, but PIATs have Soldier armor, which makes them just as tough to almost all weapons.

Bullshit.   Soldier armor is worthless against 90% of weapons in EIR.  The only weapons soldier armor is heavilly modified against are regular, unupgraded rifles, and the BAR.  Everything else either ignore soldier armor or have a very small reduction against soldier armor.  Some weapons are more effective against soldier armor than regular infantry armor.

In no way is 60 hp soldier armor sappers remotely as durable as 80hp grens.

PIATs can fire over objects, which means they can fire at the enemy without even being engaged. On top of that, Allies in general have better AI capabilities with their vehicles than Axis, so engaging with Grens is a lot more dangerous than engaging with Sappers.

Piats pay for being able to fire over objects with being completely unable to hit a kiting vehicle.   

Allies in general do NOT have better AI capabilities with their vehicles.   P4s are just as good as shermans vs infantry.    I'd take pumas and ACs over stuarts, quads, and M8s any day.    Ostwind/wirblewind is better than the croc.

For a long time I had the highest vetted unit in the game(now 2nd most vetted), and guess what they were?  Dual shrek grenadiers.  Guess what the currently most vetted unit in the game is?  Tankbusters.

How many airborne or piats or commando piats do you see on the leaderboard?   The only reason rangers are on there is due to their thompsons, not their bazookas.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2009, 12:20:05 am »

good post gamesguy. i just play the game to play but learning some of those stats is interesting. didn't realize the only difference in accuracy for the shrek/zooks is medium range.

and the only reason crimson has that high of a tb squad is cause he was using 3 shreks on it at the start of games
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 12:25:56 am »

good post gamesguy. i just play the game to play but learning some of those stats is interesting. didn't realize the only difference in accuracy for the shrek/zooks is medium range.

Shreks have much, much, less scatter compared to zooks.   RRs have basically no scatter.  Incidentally thats why the boyz AT rifle was pwning infantry, the super low scatter.

and the only reason crimson has that high of a tb squad is cause he was using 3 shreks on it at the start of games

Yep, without dual shreks my grens aren't as effective either, but the new faust makes up for it so I'm happy either way.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 12:29:11 am »

new fausts are gonna be a pain in the ass now that they're gonna cause 40-50 more damage then usual and have a chance for crits. i see a small price increase in the future for them
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 12:45:14 am »

Think about Falls now, they're now the infantry to kill, since they have FG42s costing only 120 munitions (instead of 140) and now can get decent Panzerfausts to back them up.  I reckon a pair of those squads could take down almost anything.
DietrichKemmler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2009, 12:46:55 am »

Think about Falls now, they're now the infantry to kill, since they have FG42s costing only 120 munitions (instead of 140) and now can get decent Panzerfausts to back them up.  I reckon a pair of those squads could take down almost anything.
Except, according to a game tonight, a small swarm of engineers. Of course, I did outnumber them 6 squads to 2.  18 men vs 8 men?  It was surprisingly even.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:47 am »

Falls are easily killed if you blob rifleman and 1 has bars to surpess. happened last game, non of my falls could do anything, all 6 of em

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2009, 12:53:03 am »

Falls are easily killed if you blob rifleman and 1 has bars to surpess. happened last game, non of my falls could do anything, all 6 of em

If you can't beat rifles with your horde of sprinting vet 3 falls then its your own fault, not the unit's.
BigDick
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 12:59:14 am »

Now lastly Bazookas:

1. They have terrible penetration.    Less than half the penetration of a shrek to start and with skirts you may as well not even bother.

2. They have the worse accuracy of all infantry AT weapons.   Significantly worse than shreks.

If you'd like I can show you the numbers.   Two bazookas firing against a P4 with skirts will do only about 60% the dps of a single shrek firing against a sherman.

On shreks:

1. They are by far the most pop efficient infantry AT available.  You can't beat dual shreks for pop efficiency.

2.  They are not restricted to elite infantry like RRs and bazookas.  Making them much more readily available and versatile.

3. The standard platform of the shrek, the grenadier, is far more durable and flexible than the standard platform of the piat, the sappers.

first you talk about bazzokas than about sappers...

the standard platform of a 80 mun dual bazooka '('double damage vs P4 of single 120mun shrek vs sherman) is the far more durable and flexible ranger

if you talk about the sapper that can bring down a panzer4 in a single blast to 18% health doing 432 damage for 100mun....than this is a "weaker" plattform that have to use different to the grenadier or ranger (overshoot hedges, buildings, cloak, brencarrier...)

if you know how to use sappers then they are by far the best handheld at unit in the game because of these insane damage output
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 01:05:39 am »

('double damage vs P4 of single 120mun shrek vs sherman)

The shot has to penetrate in order to deal damage. And vs. a skirted P4, the bazooka has a 33% chance to penetrate.

Panzershreck has an 87.8% chance to penetrate Sherman.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:08:42 am by jackmccrack » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 01:20:01 am »

a single bazooka is 40mun and a wehr shrek is between 120 and 150mun thats 3-4 times more
this 40mun bazooka has the same damage against a lower health panzer4 than a shrek against a sherman
when it penetrates that is true...but the bazooka penetration is 50% of the shrek penetration and even when it not penetrates it does damage

what do you expect that a weapon for 1/3-1/4 of the price of an other has exactly same penetration and damage? bazookas are much more cost effective than shreks FULLSTOP

on the other side a sherman does much more damage vs  a 4 men grenadiersquad than a panzer4 against a 6 men ranger

and if you bring skirts in...should we substract the 60 mun cost for skirts then from the bazooka price?

that would be a bazooka price of -20mun for one

or shall we add the skirts mun to shrek price (180-210 mun for one shrek then)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:22:01 am by BigDick » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 01:24:14 am »

Anyways...

Would it be off topic for me to comment on the power of vetted tankbusters with multiple panzershrecks?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2009, 02:12:16 am »

^^needs looked at.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:49 am »

If you can't beat rifles with your horde of sprinting vet 3 falls then its your own fault, not the unit's.

woah woah hold on to ur panties gayguy, all i said is that falls are easily beaten when bars can surpess them and another 2 rifleman squads run into them. you dont have to mock my gameplay (by u cant sprint out of supression)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc