Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 09:59:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FINAL] 6/8p Villers-Bocage Map Conversion  (Read 33160 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 10:04:43 am »

heres the beta:
filefront doesnt work again for me, so heres the megaupload link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WFR98Y9K
ive destroyed 4 buildings, becouse doing more takes alot of time, and i first want to see how the map will play out.
territories are on 1st post.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:47:52 am by LeoPhone » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 12:12:24 pm »

just played a 3v3 on it.
allies were defending, axis could never really break trough (partly thanks to commandos killing ALL the german arty at start) piats shooting trough buildings were a bit of a problem, but when they did, they luckally missed alot of the times.

overall the map is okay, territories are okay, i need to destroy and delete some of the buildings, and i might  even can place shot blockers in the destroyed buildings, so piats cant shoot trough them anymore (i hope)
this map is really fun! try to play them without brits for even more fun!

if you want the replay, here it is: http://files.filefront.com/replayrar/;13905797;/fileinfo.html
renember you need the OLD   map for this too: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WFR98Y9K
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:48:18 am by LeoPhone » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »

I've had it with damn vCOH conversions anyway. Tongue
Make a map that works with EIR gameplay, most vCOH maps do not.

and that is why no one cares about your opinion .. well that and you hate buildings.

I would LOVE to play this map leo, Love the urban city!!  more buildings!

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 12:16:01 pm »

allies were defending, axis could never really break trough (partly thanks to commandos killing ALL the german arty at start) piats shooting trough buildings were a bit of a problem, but when they did, they luckally missed alot of the times.

overall the map is okay, territories are okay, i need to destroy and delete some of the buildings, and i might  even can place shot blockers in the destroyed buildings, so piats cant shoot trough them anymore (i hope)
this map is really fun! try to play them without brits for even more fun!

Sorry, but if you have to make those changes and say that brits have a special relation to it, then the map can't be good, and as mentioned before this map never played well in EiR.

I'd rather see some new maps/map ideas!

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 12:19:50 pm »

thx salan, it was indeed quite fun with all the buildings.
but the piats are a problem, im first gonna see if shot blockers can stop the piats.
and something what could be a bit lame too, is infantry entering a building, and then fleeing from a fight trough the other exit
so some buildings gotta go too bad  Wink

to baine: ok, if shot blockers cant stop the piats, il put this to rest, do a bunch of other work which doesnt involve EiR  Grin................ and then make a 2v2 ubran map from the ground up, and if its popular make a bloodbath 3v3 version of it  Shocked
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 12:26:38 pm »

is this a remake or a fresh map of your own? im confused
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 01:07:12 pm »

Remake

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 05:11:24 pm »

okay... ive placed shot blockers in a building. the enemies inside the building couldnt shoot at me. my units couldnt shoot at him. my PIAT sappers couldnt shoot at the enemies inside the building, BUT THEY COULD SHOOT TROUGH IT!!!
fail piats, lets see if relic comes with some balance update. im putting this map to rest. (while its still quite good, and great without brits  Wink)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:19:14 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 05:17:27 pm »

You can't really make a map and want to exclude a certain faction (the brits..) to make the map decent..  Undecided

Rawr
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 05:25:05 pm »

okay, so it favors one side's play style more than others. There's quite a few maps like that, just cuz its the brits everyone cringes.

the reason the piats could still shoot through is that they're classified as arcing weapons, so they're kinda going "over" the building. One thing you can do is put sandbags and/or wire around the buildings so you make it a longer shot for the piats to shoot and you also put green cover in the way of the piats cuz they go down to .25 when they fire at something in heavy cover. Yeah, that should work, put tank traps (they give green) or sandbags or road blocks around the buildings and make piats 75% less accurate and you've solved that issue.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 05:34:09 pm »

thx for ur explanation tym, and your solution might be the only one, but putting tank traps around every building? that sounds like placing tank traps around your spawn! there are buildings EVERYWHERE, and streets already are rly tight. no tank could move around anymore...

nah, download this betamap if you want, its quite fun. but im not putting time in it anymore....
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 05:34:46 pm »

Or just stock up on flamethrowers and watch the piats cry.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 05:36:29 pm »

thx for ur explanation tym, and your solution might be the only one, but putting tank traps around every building? that sounds like placing tank traps around your spawn! there are buildings EVERYWHERE, and streets already are rly tight. no tank could move around anymore...

nah, download this betamap if you want, its quite fun. but im not putting time in it anymore....

okay then sandbags that should work. there's a way to put them half in the building anyway right? wont really make that much of a change.

Or just stock up on flamethrowers and watch the piats cry.

what he said. I've played 5 games on my pe account in 006 and i've had no issues with piats, dont see why you anyone has so many problems with them, just keep moving. It's called mission awareness.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 06:31:25 pm »

so if i put sandbags to the walls, piats wont hit anything behind the building? i really dont get it  Huh

and the reason you didnt have trouble with piats, is becouse you didnt play this map. watch the replay if you must. every time their tank attacked, we had piats next to the tank with a building between. they couldnt do anything about it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »

so if i put sandbags to the walls, piats wont hit anything behind the building? i really dont get it  Huh

and the reason you didnt have trouble with piats, is becouse you didnt play this map. watch the replay if you must. every time their tank attacked, we had piats next to the tank with a building between. they couldnt do anything about it.

no, lowers the accuracy. Piats firing at things in green cover get a 75% accuracy penalty. they'll still go th rough but the chance of hitting is lower.

there's gotta be something out there that can block arcing shots right?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 01:23:29 am »

but the tanks wont be in green cover... theyre tanks, they dont have cover, and the tanks arent standing near the sandbags, they either drive them over or are behind them
piats will just shoot over the sandbags trough the building.

and the only thing that blocks a piat should be something like a HMG bunker, and placing all those inside the buidings?  Lips sealed
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 04:21:56 am »

Now in .module: 6p_Villers_Bocage
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 05:33:31 am »

You can't really make a map and want to exclude a certain faction (the brits..) to make the map decent..  Undecided

Nobody is trying to exclude them. As it is they're hopelessly overpowered on this map because you can never touch their anti-tank if the user is smart with it.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 07:39:46 am »

UPDATE:
unknown added the map to the module, so i had no other choise than finishing the map  Tongue
ive deleted some buildings, destroyed some more, everything is a bit more open.
download link to broken version:
http://files.filefront.com/6p+Villers+Bocagesga/;13908472;/fileinfo.html
put the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes\EuropeInRuins\Archives
or.. it gets in the autoupdater together with 10000 other maps in next patch  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:48:56 am by LeoPhone » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 08:13:59 am »

one spawn is bugged, i gotta fix it, DONT DL THE MAP untill i give next link...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc