Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:48:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FINAL] 6/8p Villers-Bocage Map Conversion  (Read 33082 times)
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 11:52:32 am »

Right. if bob wants to minimize the download. I notice that i download pretty many OLD? maps that i dont see listen in game..

edit: Is it warmap maps? lol.. Cause if so i forgot to think about it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:56:56 am by Grundwaffe » Logged

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 12:44:11 pm »

Having all maps listed in the module file is needed if we are to make maps optional.

If it's not in the module file, they wont work, even if you donwload the map for that game.

betamap.sga.................
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »

there are ~ 20 unused maps and 2 beta slots.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 01:03:42 pm »

Problem with listing all maps in the .module, even ones not in the launcher is that it's going to create of issues finding games or getting games stared. Games on maps you don't have show up greyed out AFAIK, and switching to a certain map kicks people who don't have that map, etc etc.

There's currently more benefit in just keeping everyone on exactly the same map list. There may also not be much added value to an optional map pack, a wide variety of popular maps is offered in the launcher. The maps from the optional mappacks would get maybe a handful of plays at most.

What I would love to see in the long run though is a page in the warmap for optional map downloads, that auto-installs the maps to the proper folder if all users from a game decide to play that map.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »

Problem with listing all maps in the .module, even ones not in the launcher is that it's going to create of issues finding games or getting games stared. Games on maps you don't have show up greyed out AFAIK, and switching to a certain map kicks people who don't have that map, etc etc.

There's currently more benefit in just keeping everyone on exactly the same map list. There may also not be much added value to an optional map pack, a wide variety of popular maps is offered in the launcher. The maps from the optional mappacks would get maybe a handful of plays at most.

What I would love to see in the long run though is a page in the warmap for optional map downloads, that auto-installs the maps to the proper folder if all users from a game decide to play that map.

+1 I guess.
If we had a system like OMG's launcher where you can show other players which map you'd like to play before launching then map packs would work, but for the most part they would just create issues to the process of finding a game. If it doesn't get implemented as part of the core module, then it should be implemented in the last way that Unkn0wn said!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 04:44:47 pm »

I think for now we just need to keep our map list dynamic, add maps with a lot of popular demand, keep ones that are popular, remove ones that aren't.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »

i personally like the look of this one it see,s to have all the urban and street fighting everyone yearns for but you never know it may suck

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2011, 01:59:04 pm »

well i noticed the map was added (even though nothing was told me). I played it and it wasn't even that bad.

I opened the map in WB already and removed some of the buildings since there did were way too much. if people like it, ill upload this new version and it should be put in.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2011, 02:08:56 pm »

Yea You guys should let Leo Open up the map a little bit for its a little to closed up.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 12:47:21 pm »

ok, this map is great.

played 2 matches(1 lost, 1 won, spawning from same side, same army) now and the map plays out well

I will finish the small update and that version should be put in to stay.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »

It looks really good leo.

Way better than all the rushed crap that got added recently.

I can't wait to get the chance to play this.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2011, 05:19:08 pm »

just make sure you don't fight 4 brits at once lol.

in that way its kinda like bastion and such. try to play PE vs brits on that map.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 03:11:16 pm »

new version released.

less buildings
sectors slightly redone
removed some cars for pathing improvements

download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20148451/6p_Villers_Bocage.sga
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2019, 06:28:06 am »

Hey guys i was asked to work on this map if i can bring some changes to this map, it is a urban map with lots of building so i am still looking for solution to removing building but still to make it look like urabn villers bocage, i did a lots of work but it is still far from finished but i till want to show the progress and want the help from the community so that i can make this map playable.

flanks opened up

roads r made wider and i removed all those damn oak tress and removed many cluster objects makes the pathing difficult for light vehicles

i decided to post the progress here at the old topic as this is were the map first introduced

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2019, 12:17:56 pm »

Great! I think the flanks really were the major concern. Maybe have a few building clusters in the middle feature a damaged building or two but otherwise I imagine that'll be fine
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2019, 10:11:49 am »

Fix pathing

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
fabulous_rug Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2019, 12:08:47 pm »

the map is made by COH devs, the pathing is solid. What are you on about shab?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2019, 06:19:50 pm »

the map is made by COH devs, the pathing is solid. What are you on about shab?

1. Being made by CoH devs is no guarantee for good pathing, especially for vehicles which are rarely microed much in vCoH.
2. vCoH has some pretty horrific unit pathing/AI issues to begin with that are only fixed with mods, especially for infantry.
3. The map is a conversion, so even if it had perfect pathing before there is always a chance for new bugs to have crept in.

The pathing did make the game near enough unplayable when we tried it a little while ago - which is why Gork's working on fixing it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc