Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:10:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wehr  (Read 17468 times)
Fresz1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 09:22:23 am »

iam just thinking about 6 shermans and rifle/bar spam yesterday and how helpful was my Granadiers was, and now... Just one thing, time to look for new mod...
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 09:23:06 am »

Not against a heavy tank/vehicle start :/, good luck with that against those starts, 1 pak + 1 schreck is enough for 1 sherman.

A 2/3 schreck start is not enough against that either.

2 schrecks + 1 pak = win (starting call in), throw as much tanks/vehicles you want at me, I´ll win, but with 1 schreck things change... if they start with 2 shermans I´m screwed, the pak will hit it twice leaving it on 50%HP, the 1st schreck shot will make it drop to about 25%, and well the shermans are already behind the pak by then, so 1 sherman dies, 1 sherman lives, and you lost all the at you had in your core.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 09:25:19 am »

Not against a heavy tank/vehicle start :/, good luck with that against those starts, 1 pak + 1 schreck is enough for 1 sherman.

2 schrecks + 1 pak = win (starting call in), throw as much tanks/vehicles you want at me, I´ll win, but with 1 schreck things change... if they start with 2 shermans I´m screwed, the pak will hit it twice leaving it on 50%HP, the 1st schreck shot will make it drop to about 25%, and well the shermans are already behind the pak by then, so 1 sherman dies, 1 sherman lives, and you lost all the at you had in your core.

How often do you see 2 sherman call-ins?
Learn 2 scout Tongue.
Fresz1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 09:25:43 am »

Iam not talking just about tanks... there was blob of infantry as well, with super supression bars...
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 09:28:45 am »

How often do you see 2 sherman call-ins?
Learn 2 scout Tongue.

I don´t need to scout, I´ll hear them as soon they spawn, but that won´t change anything. Double sherman starts, few, but I do have seen a lot of vehicles start that will have the upper hand against 1 pak + 1 shcreck right now.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 09:32:25 am »

As would any focused start.

What would they do (2x Sherman start) if YOU had 24 pop worth of AT on the field? (Other than laugh...)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 09:38:22 am »

The point he's trying to make is that for 130 extra munitions he used to be able to defend against a start like that with the exact same units as he used to have. Now 2x quad starts etc will shred those units, because one of those units AT capabilities was seriously weakened.

I don't think it's a balance issue myself, my only problem with it is that now that they're doctrine abilities they're replacing already existing ones.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Fresz1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 09:50:53 am »

They add cool stuff to Allies and  they taking of from Axis ... sad...
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:25 am »

Also, where are all the other nerfs / buffs?
Panzerfausts cheaper
Grenades cheaper
Skirts cheaper
I’m not saying that all those changes were bad. Far from it. I’m just saying at one point it start to add up. I trust you guys to do the right thing and I normally only speak up when I see big problems in gameplay. My grief was form the change in medkits but you already changed that before I had the chance to reply.   Smiley

Panzerfausts cheaper – Yes but they were also nerfed by relic patch. Again you fixed that with the new patch (assuming old values)

Skirts cheaper – Yes but also nerfed (as they should be). Still at bit expensive with the new values.  

Grenades cheaper -. Everyone got cheaper grenades and American grenades are more usefull than standard wehr. Hardly  a Wehr buff.  
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:27 am »

Aka gimmicky starts, they would fail, but not against the wher AT right now, a balanced CORE for the wher isn´t possible anymore, this is a welcome change for late game though  Roll Eyes.

The point he's trying to make is that for 130 extra munitions he used to be able to defend against a start like that with the exact same units as he used to have.

and a higher drop chance each time a gren died :p.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 09:56:16 am »

supply drops.. must get .. supply drops!

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 10:01:02 am »

Axis never had any cool stuff.. they just got all the leftovers from EiR.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Fresz1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 10:02:45 am »

Axis never had any cool stuff.. they just got all the leftovers from EiR.

U are right, even more than right...
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 01:04:12 pm »

What would they do (2x Sherman start) if YOU had 24 pop worth of AT on the field? (Other than laugh...)

You don't need 2x shermans to roll over a pak and a single shrek gren.

Two quads at only 14 pop can do it.

Two pumas at 16 pop cannot do the same to a standard American start with A 57mm supported by a squad of airborne or a squad of rangers, armor company should have some sort of light vehicle(since thats the whole point of the company). The key issue here is the suppression and 45 range from the quads.

The dual shreks really make a huge difference.  Once the enemy vehicle made it past the pak and start circling, the pak will never get another shot in.   At this point, two shreks is twice the AT compared to single shrek.  Americans have stickies and Brits have button, so its much harder for axis tanks to circle strafe 57mms.

Yes PE needs tankhunters to get double shreks.  But marder on lockdown vastly outdps the pak.    Marder on lockdown fires just as fast as a pak but does more damage per shot than a 57mm with better penetration than both.  

Increase the cost of the 2nd shrek if its such a balance issue, though I've never heard of anyone whine about dual shrek grens.

The key issue here is three of the four factions have some sort of vehicle disabling ability.  Americans have stickies, which, while not all that great at killing a tank by itself, prevents tanks from circling the 57mm.   The Brits have button, which is like sticky on a LMG.  PE has treadbreaker, which is a long range sticky, plus PE has the marder, which does by far the most dps of all four ATG type weapons.

Dual shreks was how wehr dealt with vehicle circling their paks, without it light armor will simply overwhelm them.  You don't even need to spam it.  As I said, a couple of quads can easilly overwhelm a single shrek gren+ a pak.  Hell, you can probably do it with a single quad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:41:49 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 01:19:05 pm »

You don't need 2x shermans to roll over a pak and a single shrek gren.

Two quads at only 14 pop can do it.

Two pumas at 16 pop cannot do the same to a standard American start with A 57mm supported by a squad of airborne or a squad of rangers, armor company should have some sort of light vehicle(since thats the whole point of the company). The key issue here is the suppression and 45 range from the quads.

The dual shreks really make a huge difference.  Once the enemy vehicle made it past the pak and start circling, the pak will never get another shot in.   At this point, two shreks is twice the AT compared to single shrek.

Yes PE needs tankhunters to get double shreks.  But marder on lockdown vastly outdps the pak.    Marder on lockdown fires just as fast as a pak but does more damage per shot than a 57mm with better penetration than both. 

Increase the cost of the 2nd shrek if its such a balance issue, though I've never heard of anyone whine about dual shrek grens.

well panzershreks are back to being retarded homing nukes again but i think that making dual shrek doctrinal is a bit much
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 01:26:58 pm »

WHY THE NERF WHY (dam fanboys)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 01:29:42 pm »

Undocumented change

Both Stormy MP44's got changed to 95mu. Pay the same in the end on an already overpriced unit.

Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2009, 02:38:12 pm »

how dare you guys have the guts to nerf the grens like that....? Sad

Seriously i made a allied account a couple days back and tried a game. I didnt even had to think. just throwing my stuff at the axis (btw they were not noobs and we had some really bad guy with 0-6 in scores, no offense)
I was so suprised that we won that game, we just pissed shit at them that died but it didnt matter how much they killed.

And now you take away the double lmgs and shrecks? cmon now it was balanced before. since when did someone started to whine about superior grens?

I will call this a rage nerf on axis! maybe becouse someone of you devs lost as allies? Roll Eyes

Nah but seriously... not cool!

IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2009, 03:30:59 pm »

how dare you guys have the guts to nerf the grens like that....? Sad

Seriously i made a allied account a couple days back and tried a game. I didnt even had to think. just throwing my stuff at the axis (btw they were not noobs and we had some really bad guy with 0-6 in scores, no offense)
I was so suprised that we won that game, we just pissed shit at them that died but it didnt matter how much they killed.

And now you take away the double lmgs and shrecks? cmon now it was balanced before. since when did someone started to whine about superior grens?

I will call this a rage nerf on axis! maybe becouse someone of you devs lost as allies? Roll Eyes

Nah but seriously... not cool!

2nded... Angry

fuck off...
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2009, 03:41:21 pm »

Wow...if this got reverted just because of the amount of whining going on right now..that'd be....well...interesting  Tongue

Rawr
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc