Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:32:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Balance  (Read 57357 times)
Smokaz4
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2009, 01:41:24 am »

I actually have helped a lot of people who badly needed it to set up their companies so they dont commit basic mistakes, you'd be surprised how many silly billys run around with single infantry callins, a complete mess of a company page with all their most used units all in the core screen and no system.

It's not whining either you turd, the truth is that there are too many wehrmacht players compared to the amount of players playing the other factions. However you twist and turn it, every day we see the wehrmacht players sit lonely in their games for long periods of time. Its not good for them and its not enjoyable for anyone to not get games because one faction is overplayed.

Dont meddle in affairs you have no experience of, your speciality in EIRR would be losing games as wehrmacht. *lawl*
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:43:50 am by Smokaz4 » Logged
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2009, 01:43:34 am »

Well it sounded like whining to me but that alright..

Rock on Smokass

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2009, 02:32:54 am »

Rocksitter, you have commited nothing more to this thread but whining and attempting to start a flamewar, please do not continue this activity.

The database numbers Scyn has posted, even though they are correct, are absolutely missleading. If there were equal ammounts of allied to axis players, why would ventrilo start ringing in a triumphant cumfest when someone says "guys, there's more allies than axis on?".

The sad truth is, people consistently play only on one side - namely werhmacht, as it's the "coolest" one to play as. I have no idea why I play americans mostly, personaly. At first, I wanted to play the underdog(when I joined), later, it was just easier to get games, now... It's a habit, I guess. Admitedly, flank speed on shermans almost makes me horny ^^.

The balance is almost perfect in my opinion, other than a few issues :
1. Fausts.
2. Stormie Shrek Price.
3. Vet bonuses are quite too powerful on some units.

I would side with scrapking in this discussion - Scyn's flaming of him was completely uncalled for, and scrapking was making a rather concrete point, even if it was based on his observations. It may be that I'm as wrong as he is, but I also almost always see a ratio of 3-4 wehr to 1 allied in the launcher, waiting for games.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2009, 02:35:05 am »

Agree Mysthalin

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 03:05:55 am »

Rocksitter, you have commited nothing more to this thread but whining and attempting to start a flamewar, please do not continue this activity.

Starting a flame war by stating let people play what faction they like there is no flame in that war.OK...OK

My quote or flame

Let people play what side they want ..

If you want to play both side go for it but dont try tell me what faction to play..
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:52 am »

You forget the part where noone wants to force you to play another faction....

The whole point of this thread is to discuss how to make allies cooler so people WANT to play them, not on ways how to MAKE people play them. There's a difference.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:09 am »

There is a huge difference between playing allies as americans or british as well as playing axis as wehrmacht or luftwaffe or pe.

Ps: I told you that airborne doctrine was boring as hell and with the bars added it would have been fucking cool for everyone  Grin roflmao, but you don't listen!
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2009, 03:32:34 am »

DO you give training hours for brits aswell?

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:26 am »

Yes you are right there is a difference but I never started a flame war..

I will state that i only play Wehrmacht  and I have not had any problems getting games mater of fact it has really been easier to get games then say 2 to 3 months ago..

simpson02 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2009, 03:37:41 am »

Im probably a good example of this whole balance issue, yesterday i think played about 6 games as allies and lost them all so i switched to axis account and won 5 games in a row. This leads me to believe axis are much easier to play than allies. I believe its a simple balance issue axis are better than allies, others probz just think its because all the pros play axis and noobs play allies so they get pwnd, but either way something needs doing yesterday 18axis online 6 allies and when i first joined there were quite a few other new players aswell most of whom i dont see anymore in the lobby.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2009, 03:38:57 am »

I will state that i only play Wehrmacht  and I have not had any problems getting games mater of fact it has really been easier to get games then say 2 to 3 months ago..

Depends on your skill tbh. Everyone likes to farm noobs for PP and exp  Tongue
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2009, 03:41:54 am »

Depends on your skill tbh. Everyone likes to farm noobs for PP and exp  Tongue

That is true and maybe no one wants to play with certain people who stack and blob but as for your statement I have not been farmed and have played against new players and old players alike..or nuubes and vets however you like.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2009, 03:58:46 am »

Im probably a good example of this whole balance issue, yesterday i think played about 6 games as allies and lost them all so i switched to axis account and won 5 games in a row. This leads me to believe axis are much easier to play than allies. I believe its a simple balance issue axis are better than allies, others probz just think its because all the pros play axis and noobs play allies so they get pwnd, but either way something needs doing yesterday 18axis online 6 allies and when i first joined there were quite a few other new players aswell most of whom i dont see anymore in the lobby.

This comes from a new player, so I think is not likely to be just a vehement minority venting their views rather than a lack of expression. I give you mods a suggestion. Input a way to collect data/polling from players the minute they enter EiRR. They have to answer it or they can't play eirr Cheesy

You could have a "choose not to participate" option in the poll. That way we'll get some figures/opinions/feedback.

That being said, "farming" & "stacking" is always a part of EiR... however, you can reduce the benefits gained from doing so, which isn't really being done. If it is, I'll believe it when I see it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2009, 04:18:04 am »

The database numbers Scyn has posted, even though they are correct, are absolutely missleading. If there were equal ammounts of allied to axis players, why would ventrilo start ringing in a triumphant cumfest when someone says "guys, there's more allies than axis on?".

The sad truth is, people consistently play only on one side - namely werhmacht, as it's the "coolest" one to play as. I have no idea why I play americans mostly, personaly. At first, I wanted to play the underdog(when I joined), later, it was just easier to get games, now... It's a habit, I guess. Admitedly, flank speed on shermans almost makes me horny ^^.

The balance is almost perfect in my opinion, other than a few issues :
1. Fausts.
2. Stormie Shrek Price.
3. Vet bonuses are quite too powerful on some units.

I would side with scrapking in this discussion - Scyn's flaming of him was completely uncalled for, and scrapking was making a rather concrete point, even if it was based on his observations. It may be that I'm as wrong as he is, but I also almost always see a ratio of 3-4 wehr to 1 allied in the launcher, waiting for games.

You guys are both pretty spot on, as I mentioned on page 2.

As for the flame war, discipline will be taken.
You dont want to see Nevyen with a whip... man...

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2009, 04:59:36 am »

I always thought that axis is easier side (doesn't this word sounds better then overpowered?). Lolz in old eir when rifles were at 210 mp and bars 110 munis.

It's like with brits in vcoh you need much less skill to have higher level, then let's say ami player.

As wehr you buy upgrades on your grens and you just watch how they smash rifles and other shit. But ami player must micro everything way more. Its way easier to kite rifles with stickies then grens with shrekz. Mortars tanks, everything is inferior to for not ig price diffrence.

Personaly my biggest problem in EiR are nebels, now almost every wehr player has 1.
Wehr is only faction with non doctrine specific arty. Imo nebels should go to terror. Stuka in vcoh was also non doctrine specific, but was to heavly spammed so it's in defensive now, there is same problem with nebel atm.
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2009, 05:10:05 am »

wow..?? Still dont see it I guess the meaning of flame war is different to different people..
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:13:53 am by Rocksitter » Logged
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2009, 05:20:09 am »

Personaly my biggest problem in EiR are nebels, now almost every wehr player has 1.
Wehr is only faction with non doctrine specific arty. Imo nebels should go to terror. Stuka in vcoh was also non doctrine specific, but was to heavly spammed so it's in defensive now, there is same problem with nebel atm.

I endorse this post.  Move it to terror please.  the Nebel is the main worry with axis, besides the wher mortar.  Subtle changes like this can bring the game more into balance
Halfling Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2009, 05:31:29 am »

I almost hate the new faust.. My friend got his vet 3 Churchill Avre immobilized and then short after destroyed.. Now the sticky bombs really have no use at all. The faust are 50x better.  Sad

just Halfwhining sometimes Wink
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2009, 06:12:05 am »

can PE get a non doctrinal arty, only arty PE is the hummel which is in scorched earth (which is un appealing)

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2009, 06:14:26 am »

can PE get a non doctrinal arty, only arty PE is the hummel which is in scorched earth (which is un appealing)

Don't you have the Hotchkiss Stuka???  Very cost effective for its price i might add.

The mortar halftrack owns already anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc