Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:37:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Lt  (Read 6008 times)
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 25, 2009, 03:20:57 am »

I was recently thinking about British Infantry and their reliance to stick close to Lt which often leads to the "blob" mentality which most British players are probably forced into doing so in order to get the full beinfits of the LT. Officers are undisputedly the heart of the British Infantry and allows Tommies to excel in combat situations in which they might of preformed worse without their officers leading them. Obviously this means that it is hard to fight the enemy without the aid of the Lts (Commandos are the only exception really).

So why not give it aura bonuses on a sector like the captian while it's on enemy/neutral territory? To be clear it will still have an aura as so it can still help you while on friendly territory and the aura WILL NOT stack on top of the sector aura.

It will allow the British to use it Infantry in more flexible and imaginivtive ways then the stereotypical secne of a Lt w/Blob being HC straight into a myriad of Axis troops (At least thats what I hear the axis keep complaining about). Yes, I know it pretty hard to visualize the British actual doing flanking manevours for all you axis players, but trust me, most of us would like to do that if we didn't lose a good amount of firepower from leaving the Lts radius.

Of course I realize that some people will just continue to blob up and charge like idiots, but it will at least allow others to do smarter things with their infantry without being so constricted by the LTs aura radius. Also it is going to need a price increase if this idea is to be inplamented.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:05 am »

The problem I have with Lts, is they have to be so close to the combat that an enemy player just focus fires the Lt and removes the buff to tommies and just waltzes over them. It takes on burst from a LMG at close range to take out a LT
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:59:12 am »

i only play brits, and i don't even use LTs.  2 reasons mainly:

1:  Everyone targets them and they will be the first to die in your army.  Since they are support units, you'll probably have them on the frontline too which doesn't help.
2:  They dont have great bonuses really, Brens can already beat LMG squads if in decent cover.  I must say it provides a much better offense for your infantry but really brit infantry is never meant to attack head on since brens need to stand still to do any damage and same with Piats.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 05:25:03 am »

I seldom use Lts. either, because -as you say- they die too easily and in the end donīt bring a difference in the battle. It is better to spare the 40 munitions on a Tank Commander IMO.

Before the 006 patch I used the Lt. as both a infantry boost + off map, but now I feel that the chap isnīt worth the resources and the extra micro.

What if the Lt. would have extra sight and detection range? The british can only have 2 recon sections, while the other factions can have atleast five scouts. Just an idea. Smiley

Well atleast all other officers/commanders got 2 abilities for now, most common is unit boost + artillery/smoke.

I wouldīnt mind if the Lt. went abit more expensive if he got another balanced ability.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:34:43 am by Armfelt » Logged

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 05:36:55 am »

He should get suppression fire.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 05:37:56 am »

I use him with a group of other units, if the enemy focusses fire on him then fine, let's the other guys live longer.
Or just let him stay behind boosting the atgs and mortars and mgs. Got max Lts in my company.

Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 05:47:33 am »

hmm, Lt. with mortar and atg sounds good, never thought about it since they never had mobile support units before.

But he still uses the same pop as a hmg, so it is still from time to time to decide if he should be in the battallion/ worth the cost.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 02:31:20 pm »

Well, if it affects an entire sector with his his aura bonus, doesn't that mean he could be more safe in the "back" of the sector while the Tommies move foward?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 02:36:01 pm »

i only field 1 LT and 1 cap and they stay in a roo behind my troops, only getting out when the roo has low health or to pick up a dropped weapon. it obviously isn't the most cost effective thing, and it of course is docternal, but it's all I got =(

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 02:37:22 pm »

Ok... I understand how are you guy use him currently (or lack of him). But then what about my idea?
Raio Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:17 pm »

Well, if it affects an entire sector with his his aura bonus, doesn't that mean he could be more safe in the "back" of the sector while the Tommies move foward?

cpt only, Lts got small aura radius.  
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 02:46:03 pm »

I know that, but I was thinking that maybe if he gave his bonus on a sector wide basis like the Cpt. while in Enemy/neutral territory, then it will allow the British to be more fexlible with their infantry while attacking.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 02:51:21 pm »

He should get suppression fire.

this is without a doubt one of the worst ideas i've ever seen.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 03:36:54 pm »

I think its a good idea tbh, as it is LTs are extremely hard to keep alive, if it wasn't changed to a sector bonus thing, i'd like to see it changed so that the LT is more resistant to damage and what not..

Rawr
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 03:44:06 pm »

but not in enemy territory because it would be impossible to kill them.
their aura radius is not bad, ppl just put them INSIDE their blobs and thats their prob imo
ofcourse its easy to kill them at shortrange, but at long range...even lmg deal not very much dmg to them at long range
i always lost my LTs ONLY when i sent them too close to the enemy so it was always my fault
learn to blob

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:31 pm »

L2B? lol
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 03:52:43 pm »

yup, quite poor that it comes to this^^
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 03:54:40 pm »

I don't  blob when I play as brits, so therefore I shouldn't have to blob to be able to keep my LT alive for a few more seconds, as it is LTs just need to be capable of surviving longer..
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 04:10:29 pm »

I seldom use Lts. either, because -as you say- they die too easily and in the end donīt bring a difference in the battle. It is better to spare the 40 munitions on a Tank Commander IMO.

A vet 0 LT increases your tommy dps by about 30%.

A vet 2 LT increases your tommy dps by about 70%.

If you don't want this kind of massive damage increase for such a cheap price then.... Undecided
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 05:58:11 pm »

A vet 0 LT increases your tommy dps by about 30%.

A vet 2 LT increases your tommy dps by about 70%.

If you don't want this kind of massive damage increase for such a cheap price then.... Undecided

Ye, I donīt feel that I afford the lieutenant in my battalion. I basically use support weapons to cripple the enemy and tank(s) to kill them, I also use AB or other behind enemy lines strike forces. (Explained shortly and it is too late and not really in my interest to explain to you my tacticts and what my battallion consists of, if you were really interested you may go ahead and search in the unit lists on the leaderboard folder... ^^ )

In the end it is all about playstyle. And shortly as a RE player i choosed not to have that kind of massive damage increase...

Thanks for listing the LTs damage boost, but please spare me and other from that high-hat attitude.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc