Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:32:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Lt  (Read 6005 times)
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 06:11:37 pm »

Thanks for listing the LTs damage boost, but please spare me and other from that high-hat attitude.
He doesn't have a high-hat attitude.
You can almost double your Tommies offensive output with a single 3 Pop unit. I'm sorry, but only a fool would turn that down with such reasoning as 'I'm a RE player, so I don't want my units to be better.' That doesn't even make sense.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 06:18:31 pm »

GIVE HIM FRKIN SELF HEALING AT VET 1.

PLEASSEEE

Eir customer support staff.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 06:33:46 pm »

GIVE HIM FRKIN SELF HEALING AT VET 1.

PLEASSEEE

LT has had regen at vet 1 for a long time...
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 06:50:27 pm »

He doesn't have a high-hat attitude.

Sorry, I may have exaggerated when i said that he had a high-hat attitude, I am tired for the moment, it is getting late.

I just had a feeling that some "experienced" players more than other seems to act unnessessarily much as wise-guys. And i "released" my feelings unto gamesguy, and for that I apologize. I respect those who are older, wiser and who possess great skill. But some people (no names) act abit too vainglorious.

You can almost double your Tommies offensive output with a single 3 Pop unit. I'm sorry, but only a fool would turn that down with such reasoning as 'I'm a RE player, so I don't want my units to be better.' That doesn't even make sense.

Back again to the appaerently new topic about my battallion...

Sigh, I nearly donīt have any tommies, I got piats in bren carriers to capture points, and picked "airborne reinforcements" for versatile suppression, mortaring, sniping, artillery-hunting etc.

A lieutenant wouldīnt help me much when sending in ABs behind enemy lines either ey?

A lieutenant wouldnīt help me much when my piats is needed to move and act fast in bren carriers.

it would enhance support units like 6lbs. But I seldom have the pop for sending in the officer.

'I'm a RE player, so I don't want my units to be better.'

I never wrote that. I said that "I choosed not to have that kind of boost", due to that my present battallion isnīt specialized towards basic infantry such as tommies. Please donīt troll or force me to rewrite what I have said earlier.

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 11:05:23 am »

The problem I have with Lts, is they have to be so close to the combat that an enemy player just focus fires the Lt and removes the buff to tommies and just waltzes over them. It takes on burst from a LMG at close range to take out a LT

can it be made that axis players cant select the LT/Captain as a target? so if your units want to attack the LT, you must have the luck they actually will target the LT themselves, or run your units in the LT. if you do that, the LT will probably die last instead of 1st.

renember, i mean axis cant click on the LT/captain like it is cloaked like a sniper.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 11:48:22 am »

I use three LTs, and a captain.  All of them have FOO, but that is simply a perk, to me.

I swear by the LT.  Sure, he's vulnerable and weak, but as long as he lives, your tommies are halfway impervious to the enemy.  A single LT watching over a bren squad is the difference between routing a unit of charging KCH or being routed.  I call them on one at a time, to keep them alive longer, and back them away from combat if it starts to get iffy.  The longer the battle lasts, the more likely my infantry will appear with three LTs screaming orders at them, which is enough for two bren squads to turn aside a pair of KCH squads and an LMG gren group.

Then there's the FOO.  I'd say they're worth it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc