Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:33:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ammount of PPs we Recive Per game  (Read 5816 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 25, 2009, 09:46:56 am »

Haya

I was wondering about the ammounts of PPs one player gets after a game and it does kill me a little bit that I get little PP when I play against decent players but only a little bit more pp when I play against a stacked team.
Now I was wondering, people play games to get PPs to unlock more units or get some advantages but as well these lovely doctorines which brings a tiny issue in the game.

I'm aware that new players recive more PPs than those who had played more than others but this issue is something most people might have missed.

It takes up to over 100 games, maybe even more to get 1 single Tier 4. Now I belong to players who play this for fun every now and then, which might be rare of course for me to play more than 1 game per day.
The new players when they join, see all the doctorines and start to play...I bet none of them wants to spend a lot of time to get few unlocked doctorines...It might end up so that those who play actively this mod and have unlocked their tier 4s fight against people who don't even have all the tier 1s yet.

This is of course a minor issue but it will grow bigger once new players begin to flood in. No one wants to put all the time in the world on one game just to get few number of PPs per day, it might be month before they get one Tier 4 unlocked if they play 1 or two games every day with 10-12 pps per match.

When you are a fresh player it is same like in Runescape when you play against a more experienced player as if you were playing as lvl 1 vs Lvl 60 mission impossible? Most likely yes since they have offmaps unlocked and all their special weapons too (Tiger, KT, StuH, Storms, Etc etc) so what brings the balance in this one? A Smoke barrage that drops so slowly that the squad is dead before the smoke lands down? Recon Run that only shows what enemy has on the field, or few supply drops that gives you a MG, mortar and single shreck/bazooka? They might, if the player gets lucky.

The difference between a Experienced and a Fresh player would be so big that it wouldn't even be funny. Players might get in the future some Start PPs what they will use for doctorines like in VEiR which was alright imo. But right now do they recive any? Players with no doctorine unlocks and no time or willing to play hundreds and hundreds of games to get all the doctorines will definantly quit after a while of trying. I'm not sure was this intented to be so.

Now only if we had Quests that give us extra pp (like missions, kill 50 infs per game/something alike it)...we have rank and all...we only need quests then this would be pretty much like runescape or Battlefield Heroes

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:49:33 am »

Note that due to the rank bug a while back, a lot of accounts were put up and down to lvl 5, which does indeed make it harder to gain up to the 20 PPs or more that you normally can gain as a fresh account vs higher levels.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:48 am »

you are right, but:
runescape sucks, dont talk about it.
your solution is adding quests. this solution wont work for sure.

so id say: 1: you could add a system that gives ppl some PPs a day. (noobs get more than pros), but you got to watch out for smurf accs getting made and not used for a month untill it got all his PPs for free.
so that might not be the best solution.

2: then you could give more battle advantages, like extra tanks and infantry.
this will fix balance for sure, but the problem was ppl not being able to unlock T4

3: last thing i can come up with, is when a war is going on, youll get alot of PPs when you make a new account while the war is already going on for a while, or there can be made some sort of sharing system that shares part of your PPs to other allied players. but then again: what if one army has alot of account that arent being used? then one army has much less PPs! exept if you do this, or that etc.etc.etc.

one thing is for sure: playing more should be rewarded, EiR is already lots of fun, and if solution 2 is put in, the game wil be fair too.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:23:01 am »

2: then you could give more battle advantages, like extra tanks and infantry.
this will fix balance for sure, but the problem was ppl not being able to unlock T4
No.

This is incredibly easy to abuse and would give people smurfing an actual advantage.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:24:31 am »

so.... even if ppl are smurfing, they still dont got extra manpower, fuel and ammo, and no doctrines.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 10:25:48 am »

We need more stuff to grief the vet whores/stackers/dodgers tbh, if giving free strafing runs and snipers is the only way, so be it.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:55:31 am »

My issue isn't so much the pp requirement.

It's this F***ing rank requirement.  I just FINALLY got to rank 7 today.
Only to find out I have 200 fucking xp to go.   Ofc I'm only getting about 8-15 xp per game... so thats MORE THAN 20 GAMES FOR ONE FREAKING RANK FOR ONE FREAKING T4 I HAVE NO OTHER REASON TO SPEND MY PP's.  I HAVE OVER A HUNDRED PP"S THAT I WANT TO SPEND ON A DOCTRINE, NOT COLLECT WHILE I GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND.

/rant

so yeah... about ranks...
GarnierMcGarvey Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 01:12:26 pm »

What if all doctrines were available at rank 1, and rank went up from winning and down from losing.  The benefit of having rank would have to be replaced, and PP stuff would have to be looked at.

Basically any game where playing more makes you stronger is going to be completely "imba" and there's no way to make it "work" in a balanced way between new players and old players.  So it just has to be made fun. 

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 01:41:23 am »

so the main reason why most things are not done is because of people's smurf and griefing accounts?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 02:22:52 am »

i think you should do away with having to get to a certain rank to get things, maybe change it to once you get one level you can get the next level, so I can get my T4 if I can get 250 pp saved up, isntead of having to keep on constantly playing. to get to level 8/9 or whateve rit is to get it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 02:46:50 am »

Basically any game where playing more makes you stronger is going to be completely "imba" and there's no way to make it "work" in a balanced way between new players and old players.  So it just has to be made fun. 

Well said.

So what is the developer's take on this? The things raised here are an actual issue yet I don't see much actual replies or constructive feedback etc coming from the dev's to work with the committee pertaining to this issue.

This is incredibly easy to abuse and would give people smurfing an actual advantage.

What makes the current system any different in that it gives old players an actual advantage and is incredibly easy to abuse by constantly choosing easy battles and noob bashing?
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 03:17:52 am »

Woot auto match!

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 03:53:57 am »

At this stage we are working on doctrines, once they are all in 120 of then we will refocus on the backend project, which will mean the warmap where most of this will start to be tied in.

So until then all your suggestions are considered but as im sure you will appreciate we can only focus on one thing at a time.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 04:15:34 am »

I think auto match would be a b*tch to implement brn and you'd also have to get people to actually join the games online and I could gurantee you that a lot of people would jump out of games because they dont want to play a certain player/s.
boobaka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 05:05:49 am »

so what are we talking about here?! players who play alot should have worse company than the once who play once a month?
ppl get your head right.. you want to get rewarded for playing, get doctrines... vet... build your company...
and on the other hand you want new ppl to have what the daily players have?
its like YOU WANT TO DRIVE YOUR CAR BUT U DON'T WANT TO PUT GAS IN IT!!!

for me the game is fun on its own but the part were you build your company and see it grow is just as fun.

I don't agree with giving new ppl even more abillitys or advantage.

just look at what we have now.

for 2 volks 185 x 2 manpower you can get 2 hmg and 2 mortar 270 x 2 man 40 x 2 mu and 480 x 2 man 65 x 2 mu
and also 2 shreks for the volks grens or storms....

from the allied point of view its not as good but u still can get 4 support weapens in total.

And for you ppl who say its not enough LEARN TO USE YOUR SUPPORT WEAPONS..

IF ANYONE THINK I AM AN IDIOT ITS JUST THAT I DRUNK AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY SLEEP FOR A REALLY LONG TIME...
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 05:10:11 am »

IF ANYONE THINK I AM AN IDIOT ITS JUST THAT I DRUNK AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY SLEEP FOR A REALLY LONG TIME...
Who do you think you are? Irish?
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 05:53:37 am »

Boobaka mad! Boobaka smash!

It's a persistent mod, there has to be growth & development worth grinding through, its kind of the point.  But the flipside is, its a small community, so you have to overlap the playerbase.  In WoW, for example, you really don't have overlap between low level players having to fight against well equipped, late game players WHILE THE LOW LEVEL PLAYERS GEAR UP AND GO THROUGH THE GRIND.  Here, we have no choice, there isn't a large enough overall population of players to segregate games according to player advancement.

So I don't know, I wouldn't want welfare advancement or it would kill the enjoyment of grinding out a battalion and your PP, but on the other hand it certainly requires thick skin to endure through all of the butt-rape-fests in getting there. 
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 06:17:15 am »

When "Playernoob" goes against "PlayerPro", as is, Playernoob is getting the reward of faster PP gain, which is great - and the true incentive to play the match.  Playernoob also gets a couple of extra HMG, Mortar and either shrek / bazooka.  A few recon / MI uses, and a few smoke uses.  While not unwelcome, its basically spit in the ocean in terms of what Playernoob is really up against.

What Playernoob really needs is either a) benefits of consequence (something much better than current) or b) redefined victory conditions.  I strongly hesitate to say "a" is the answer because it leads to smurf accounts utilizing stronger and more lethal allegedly noob battalions.

I'm beginning to think that "b" might be the best answer.  Redefine the victory conditions when a certain criteria of Playernoob vs PlayerPro qualities are met.  It would need to weigh not only PP values but heavily consider vet values as well, similar to the current advantage system.  Something as simple as no matter what result actually happens, Playernoob will not record a loss for the match.  PlayerPro would still get a win if deserved, but no recorded loss for Playernoob.  Perhaps also Playernoob would have a greatly enhanced survival rate for retreated units (like, any retreated unit cannot be killed).  

That would do 2 things, one, not upset the actual combat engagement favoring PlayerPro at all, and secondly, not add to the discouragement of grinding out a noob company by absorbing huge numbers of losses on the W/L record, and giving the noob player a better chance of accumulating vet and preserving units.  

It would only apply to situations where newer companies were facing endgame companies, thus limiting the distaste of going through the grind, without actually eliminating the grind itself.  Nor would it make it really any easier, just less to suffer through.

Sort of a wacky idea, I know, and I'm not sure how reasonable it is in terms of implementation, but it might serve to answer the legitimate concerns of newer players and newer battalions without adversely imbalancing gameplay, or creating welfare PP development.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:22:21 am by scrapking » Logged
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 06:24:37 am »

Well, I am sure we could have somethings like this.

Extra Population - Increases population by 2 for each purchase (Max 3)
Reduced Call in Times - Decreases the time that call ins arrive by 10% for each purchase (Max 3)

Or even

Decrease Opponent Population - Decrease the population of your enemy by 1 (max 3)
Increase call in timers - Increases the time that call ins arrive by 5% for each purchase (Max 3)

Most of this issues will be fixed when the warmap arrives though
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:28:09 am by Akranadas » Logged
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 06:42:19 am »

Hmm well i really really propose a starting pp for the newcomers.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:44:39 am by Guderian » Logged

Eir customer support staff.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc