Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:34:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Time for A Wipe  (Read 8267 times)
Armormave Offline
EIR Regular

« on: June 27, 2009, 01:54:13 pm »

I agree with Killer that I am burnt out.  I only play Allies (TheMorigu) and lately I can't get into a game where the Axis aren't all level 7 or level 8.  What's worse is that most of the allies are level 5 or below. 

Before the big database failure occurred me and a lot of other allies (besides the usual pros) were making good progress up the leaderboards and the community was finally starting to get a good pool of allies that could play with the Axis.  However, after the wipe the axis went on a roll and almost instantly went from level 5 (where everyone got dropped to) to level 7 and up.  The allies on the other hand (including myself) seemed to create new profiles as if a wipe had occurred and soon found ourselves severly outgunned as level 7 axis employed their upper echeleon doctrines like V2 rockets, cherry bombs, kingtigers, jagdpanthers and more.  I even played a game where a guy cherry bombed our deployment zone in a axis defend and our armor was blew up as soon as it came on the map. 

Another problem is that the database failure seemed to coincide with the new R mode being implemented so now you have an unusual number of R mode games where Level 7 and 8 axis are defending and being ATTACKED by noob allies.  These games are truly ridiculous. 

I just think its time for a wipe to reset everything whether all the doctrines are in or not.  And on that note, just based on the games I've played and the stuff i've seen thrown at me it seems more of the axis doctrines are in than the allied doctrines.  Which wouldn't surprise me since most of the devs play axis and they would obviously have an incentive to put their stuff in first.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 02:07:07 pm »

I'm sure the devs have their own individual biases, but trying to call them out on it when you want something from them is kinda funny, more so since it seems both sides seem to think the other has it better, grass is always greener I suppose.

As I type this there is actually about an even amount of allies and axis on, as for how the skill levels are distributed, I won't attempt to analyze the 30 folks in the lobby for skill level.

However, I sympathize, the gap can seem very large between the subpar, low rank new person and the high rank, highly skilled person. The fact of the matter is that it is, although I personally don't think it's that hard to level up an account if you have the time.

Casual players probably have it the worst, but since the mod is leaning more and more towards a MMO style, there are likely only so many things to mitigate the disadvantages.

Low ranks already get more pp/xp and battle advantages for playing higher ranks and although that may not make up for the difference in resources and doctrines, it is something. There has been some ideas tossed around about giving them bonus pop cap, although my concern is that smurfs will abuse any system that gets implemented to help new players out. As I stated in another thread, it would be nice if each account could make a battalion for each faction, that way only people who were truly or at least truly had not played very many games since account creation, would benefit from the advantages.

Anyways I don't want to derail your thread, because it involves more then just the advantages folks get for ranking up.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:07:16 pm »

And on that note, just based on the games I've played and the stuff i've seen thrown at me it seems more of the axis doctrines are in than the allied doctrines.  Which wouldn't surprise me since most of the devs play axis and they would obviously have an incentive to put their stuff in first.

I apologize for this. The doctrines were put in as they are now because the Wehrmacht abilities were much easier to do at the time of conception. With the database error that caused the wipe and set everyone to rank 5 we're seeing a huge race to rank 8 where Axis battalions have Tier 4's to pick and the Allies have I think only 1. With the upcoming Hotfix, Axis are going to be in for a rude awakening after this past week of being able to overpower their Allied counterparts. So hang in there guys, it's coming and you'll love it.

Plus. if we do a wipe right now we won't be able to balance or debug anything that you can only achieve by being higher ranked.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:08:55 pm »

I always considered the time until now us being alpha testers, it is time for a wipe and the final touches to be in.

Eir customer support staff.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:17 pm »

Agreed on all points. Ive played more axis are defending games then i have defending myself, but that might just be bad luck.

Doctrines? hmm My commando doctrine has 5, yes, 5 doctrines completed... I dont mind to much, well i do about the commando sniper but all im doing is spending pp's on advatages nothing else i can do. I reccomend you do the same.

Theres no point in wiping, until doctrines are in. There would be no point if they did, they  would only have to reset it agian in a couple of weeks or somthing, which i doubt it will be done in 2 weeks lol.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 02:11:34 pm »

The thing is, when you consider the war map isn't even in yet (assuming it's still in the plans to be implemented). We haven't really scratched the surface. Ok maybe that's a bit extreme, but there is a ways to go.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 02:45:36 pm »

And on that note, just based on the games I've played and the stuff i've seen thrown at me it seems more of the axis doctrines are in than the allied doctrines.  Which wouldn't surprise me since most of the devs play axis and they would obviously have an incentive to put their stuff in first.

I apologize for this. The doctrines were put in as they are now because the Wehrmacht abilities were much easier to do at the time of conception. With the database error that caused the wipe and set everyone to rank 5 we're seeing a huge race to rank 8 where Axis battalions have Tier 4's to pick and the Allies have I think only 1. With the upcoming Hotfix, Axis are going to be in for a rude awakening after this past week of being able to overpower their Allied counterparts. So hang in there guys, it's coming and you'll love it.

Plus. if we do a wipe right now we won't be able to balance or debug anything that you can only achieve by being higher ranked.

bs

How hard is it to code in "inf doc" in us
that rangers get 4 more availability?

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 02:50:10 pm »

I'm the one doing the coding.. if I had a bias, don't you think Americans would be the only faction with abilities? As I have played only Americans for this war. Don't try and call BS on me, sir.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 02:54:03 pm »

On a semi-unrelated note, I just saw something very depressing on the Launcher.

2v2 was created, everyone joined. Then the Axis opened the game to a 4v4 to avoid potential Allied stack, then Jazlizard and Sixpack joined.

Then all the Allies left the game within ten seconds. Then I left. Then a 3v3 was created. Then Claudio, AMPM, and cam joined that game within ten seconds, and stacked it to hell.

Really depressing.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 03:10:03 pm »

yeah, nothing new to me, a lot of players instead of leaving the game because the "odds" are a bit against them they would rather make it a 3vs3/4vs4 to call in a stacker.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 03:19:32 pm »

If folks can find balanced games then it's a good thing, I'm seeing more and more folks willing to take the heat for 'dodging' or whatever label folks want to apply to them, in order to get a decent game. Granted some just do it to find a stacked game in their favor but...

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 03:34:50 pm »

I'm sure the devs have their own individual biases, but trying to call them out on it when you want something from them is kinda funny, more so since it seems both sides seem to think the other has it better, grass is always greener I suppose.
Bias?  To what exactly?

A reset of doctrines will occur when we have finalised the list.
A total reset will occur a week after all doctrines are implemented.

Is there something Im missing?  ;p

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 03:53:44 pm »

Individual biases?

1. Someone deciding churchills are horribly OP and setting them to 275 FU once they were implemented in the start.
2. Someone deciding it would be a good idea to set AVRE's to a 180 second cooldown timer when it had already been un-used at 80 seconds cooldown.
3. The shrek somehow "accidentaly" gaining 0.70 accuracy at long range at one point of the mod.

Would be the top 3 off the top of my head that are against allies Wink.

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 03:55:51 pm »

Don't blame the devs for that. BigDick and Aloha still had access to the balance forums at that time.    Tongue
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:58:34 pm by acker » Logged
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 03:57:27 pm »

I think if there is a reset everyone should start with 50pp's and rank.

The first 3 games are usually boring because you don;t get to pick any doctrines or bonuses.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 04:08:00 pm »

Bias?  To what exactly?

As to what side they prefer playing, I could be wrong and you all like to play everything, but I think most folks like a particular faction for whatever reason. I wasn't trying to imply anything beyond that.
Halfling Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 04:09:19 pm »

No freakin wipe..  Sad
I'm a big naab and it will take a year to gain all pp and abilities if wipe comes this often.

just Halfwhining sometimes Wink
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 04:17:33 pm »

And introduce a pp starting package so it does not look like your climbing a frkin mountain.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 04:25:43 pm »

Bias?  To what exactly?
As to what side they prefer playing, I could be wrong and you all like to play everything, but I think most folks like a particular faction for whatever reason. I wasn't trying to imply anything beyond that.

No prob man.

My particular bias' to which side I *like* to play, are in order:  PE, US, WM, CW
/offtopic
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 05:39:27 pm »

Look all I want is an ability to refund my pps since the doctrines are all fucked up now.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc