Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 04:23:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elite Infantry  (Read 6165 times)
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 29, 2009, 02:54:42 am »

Wanted to get some thoughts on Infantry vs Infantry elite and regular with no anti tank involved.

Maybe a listing in order of what Elite Infantry everyone thinks is the best and worst as well..

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 03:01:53 am »

i believe fallshrimjagers are the best anti infantry in cover. espically with the luftwaffe buffs i reckon they can take on any amount of infantry with ease.

Point of interest.. my squad vet 3 fallshrimjager (3) was jumped upon by 2 rifles man squads (12) and they killed them all with 2 men remaining and very low health. the rifles were already upon them and the falls were in light cover just the same as some of the rifle man.

(this is of course with kurts finest and crete veterans. so be afriad!)

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:34:33 am »

Tough question. They are all very good.

I will give my opinion on each.

Rangers - Decent all around unit. They are great shock troops.
Airborne - Good for raids, skirmishes, and heavy demolitions.

KCH - Most durable assault troops. Resistant to suppression at higher vet levels.
Storms - Best utility. Very destructive when fully kitted.

Falls - Best used on defense. Their FG42 is okay on the assault but is no MP44.

Commandos - Fragile but agile. They seem to benefit most from graceful movement.

If we pitted all of them against eachother in a 1v1 round robin tournament, Commandos would probably win.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:36:45 am by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:39:47 am »

mandos, rangers and AB have fireup or smoke which is a veryvery useful ability and makes them hard to fight
=> you cant stop them with mgs
you have to fight them with lmg grens which will probably also owned by mandos
flamers are best at defending against them but i would never charge them with flamers

Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 03:45:23 am »

in my opinion elite inf are to numerouse on all sides (not just allys) it is in my opinion the extream amount of allied AND axis elite inf is hurting game balance and overall gameplay. i beleave elite infentry for all sides needs to be alot more limited to the point where they are fairly rare, but they should also be a considerable threat or have certain traits that make them highly valuable. elite infentry are suposed to be elite but as it stands there just another class of heavy inf with perks who generaly are overly used by all sides. its just wierd that regularly i see 3-4 falls or storms on field at the same time, not to mention the extream amount of vet airborn and commandos (not so mutch rangers as the generaly have become the "noobs" soldier)

I beleave elite infentry should have higher PP coast and or increaded unit coast. limiting them would also help diversify the playerbase as players wont be afraid of choosing battalion docs that dont have any elite infentry for fear of loosing out on key firepower. it would also let us realy see the real balance of the fractions without having sutch units cloud balance discussion.

sry for sucky spelling kinda typed this at a moments notice no chance to run through spellcheck.

BigDick
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 06:28:39 am »

it is not actually to much elite infantry it is just to few menpower to get basic units beside these 4-6 squads elite infantry

maybe availablitly should lowered to 3 commandos/storms/rangers/kch and 4 airbornes/fallschirmjäger
but on top of this menpower ressource bonis should be made even to fuel/munition (3.5% more per upgrade -> should be 8-10% more per upgrade) and maybe 500 more basic menpower for the companies
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:35:03 am »

4s a good limit.  However i must stress the word limit.  That means you should only be able to buy 4.  Otherwise all the people with Airborne and Luft T4s, which buff Airborne squads and falls significantly, and going to oversupply them as much as physically possible to the point that they make up 90% of their infantry sections (since airborne would be able to do tonnes of damage, and Falls may even have schreks on them, with the extra damage, accuracy and health buffs) and will have at least 6, if not up to 8 squads in their battallion.  It's like some people getting double pershings or Double KTs with repair kits on both, just superweapons.  People will oversupply since after their T4 they'll have no use for PP anymore.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:10:45 am »

So you want every company to look the same?  Luft and Airborne and Commandos are virtually defined by their elite infantry...most of their docs revolve around them...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:12:52 am »

dont have much trouble with Falls until they get all them buffs... kinda silly but meh, whatever.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:05 am »

Rangers don't get any type of buffs in their doc tree, you get more availability and concussion nades but thats it. I guess you can add in tank reapers but thats an overall upgrade not a specific but kch get a specific upgrade, so do falls, so do ab as well as mando's. Does this mean that rangers are the best all around in terms of elite infantry? who knows....

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:34:49 am »

You guys do realize commandos are stronger then KCH because in vCoH KCH cost 360 manpower and commandos cost 560 manpower...but in EIR its balanced out with pricing instead of stat changes so..yeah..  Tongue

Rawr
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:52:47 am »

tym, i think your vet3 rangers are already good enough: zooks penetrate almost everytime. insane dmg output
rangers vet already fixs stupid, why should doc abilities fix it even more?
rangers are very special in this mod bcause they are allround killers. and very easy to vet up.
HeartBreakOne88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:03:41 am »

AB are ment to be good if you keep them, moving, they recieve accuracy modifiers and for and against them when there on the move, so they make good assault troops ..... or at least for me

"Hmm its a shame CoH is best when served fresh with vanilla flavour rather than genetically modified vegetables..."
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 08:23:58 am »

tym, i think your vet3 rangers are already good enough: zooks penetrate almost everytime. insane dmg output
rangers vet already fixs stupid, why should doc abilities fix it even more?
rangers are very special in this mod bcause they are allround killers. and very easy to vet up.

why do people who use rangers have to be "stupid"?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 08:25:54 am »

Rangers are the worst unit ever to be fielded unless you're playing versus really poor players, or if you're blobbing them at 4 rangers in a group(if we're considering they have tommies). They just cost too much to do that.
I much prefer using rangers with their garands - then they make good supporting AT vs flanking pumas for your 57s, while also maintaining some healthy firepower in covering from infantry. With M1 carbines T4, they should become even better at that.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 08:29:01 am »

hey i didnt say that gallun.
now scyn, what do you think about rangers? do you think your rangers are the worst units like mysth said?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 08:51:56 am »

Rangers are the worst unit ever to be fielded unless you're playing versus really poor players, or if you're blobbing them at 4 rangers in a group(if we're considering they have tommies). They just cost too much to do that.
I much prefer using rangers with their garands - then they make good supporting AT vs flanking pumas for your 57s, while also maintaining some healthy firepower in covering from infantry. With M1 carbines T4, they should become even better at that.

didnt think m1 carbines will be avail on rangers?

also rangers arent the worst, and well, i dont blob them together in groups, guess that would explain why mine dont have 200xp or whatever, i have played with people with those high xp rangers and i do notice them run 2 or more together at a time.  so maybe iam playing wrong lol..

i normally try to have a ranger, 2 rifiles, 1 with bar, 1 with zook, and then atg or sherm, depenidng on pop etc.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:57:28 am by Mgallun74 » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:07 am »

Rangers with tommies are only effective while blobbed, yeah. Otherwise, they're much better off staying in cover and giving off an untruthfull look that they're completely useless, while gunning down axis infantry with the garands.

Seeing as M1 Carbines T4 affects garand reload and cooldown, it should affect rangers the same way they affect riflemen(rangers have 6 garands in the squad, 2 replaced with bazookas).
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 04:34:41 pm »

Rangers are shit.  They can't rape other infantry the way commandos and falls do, they can't rape tanks the way airborne and storms do.

They're the height of mediocrity, what good is a unit that cost a stupidly huge amount of munitions for mediocre anti-infantry and worse anti-tank?
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 04:37:33 pm »

yeah I found rangers best as a defensive unit instead of assaulting like mandos or another assault elite infy type..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc