Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 07:34:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank Reapers MkII  (Read 16943 times)
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 05, 2009, 01:35:03 pm »

I already posted this in the general forum, don't know why.  But it appears that no one actually reads that forum, so I'm cross-posting this here. 

Current Situation (AFAIK):
Zooks-> 2x dmg bonus, 1x pen and acc bonus
Atgs-> 2x dmg bonus, 1x pen and acc bonus
Stickies-> correct dmg, pen, and acc bonus

Whats going to happen:
Zooks 40% boost dropped to 20% damage boost
Atgs dropped to 20% damage boost

However, I think zooks need a slight modification, not in stats or anything but in availability.  2 zooks on 1 ranger squad cost 80 mu.  So, shouldn't 1 zook on a rifle squad cost 40mu?  Also, I think that I should be able to buy up to 4 zooks on a rifle squad, this would be comparable to dual shrek squads (though not nearly as potent).

But at the very least, make rifle zooks cost 40mu.. and maybe be able to buy 2 per rifle squad.  Otherwise, I'll just oversupply my rangers b/c they're cheaper lol.  PP means nothing now that I'm lvl 8.

@Gamesguy, I figured I didn't know the whole picture, hence the disclaimer...
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:51:52 pm »

Also, I think that I should be able to buy up to 4 zooks on a rifle squad, this would be comparable to dual shrek squads (though not nearly as potent).

But at the very least, make rifle zooks cost 40mu..
Roll Eyes
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:13:47 pm »

Also, I think that I should be able to buy up to 4 zooks on a rifle squad, this would be comparable to dual shrek squads (though not nearly as potent).

But at the very least, make rifle zooks cost 40mu..
Roll Eyes

I think zooks should be free on rifles and up to 6 should be on one squad, so you have dedicated tank killer, although they wouldn't be as potent as volk's fausts.

On a more serious note, the price is fine as it is, and one zook is enough to keep tanks on distance, they are not meant to be tank killers with 1 bazooka, you use rangers or atgs for that.

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »

There's no reason to oversupply on Rangers when rifles are so cheap and versatile.  Compare 2 Ranger Squads to four Riflemen squads with bazookas, you get twice as many men and same amount of bazookas for slightly higher cost as well as cheaper grenades.  I'd take the rifles.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:31:11 pm by Mukip » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 02:49:02 pm »

You posted this and people read it. Just because no one responded doesn't mean no one read it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 03:06:42 pm »

Lies, all lies.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 05:45:11 pm »

We don't even have double shrecks anymore.  So more then one zook would be kinda tarded...

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:50:29 pm »

1 zook does not equal 1 shrek, heck even 2 zooks, if they manage 2 penetrations, are less than one shreck.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 05:52:17 pm »

Because 1 bazooka = 1 Shreck, right blitzen?  Roll Eyes

Honestly, rifleman bazookas should go to 60 mu for 2 bazookas. It's on a much crappier platform than rangers, you pay more popcap, munitions and manpower to have the same ammount of bazookas, and one bazooka is really not enough to keep any tank away. It can just charge and kill the poor rifle squad before it can react - if someone's got a bazooka on his rifle, he's really not likely to also have a sticky on it.

scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:53:33 pm »

We don't even have double shrecks anymore.  So more then one zook would be kinda tarded...

Stormtroopers do, Panzer Grens in Tank Hunters and Grens in defensive company do also - the latter 2 with a T2 doctrine choice I believe.  And for that matter, zooks are less than half as good as a shreck to begin with, so it wouldn't be that retarded - although it really wouldn't be entirely necessary either.

Nevermind the fact that the things shrecks shoot at cannot get skirts like the things zooks shoot at can.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »

So special inf or doctrines give us double shrecks.  So make it a doctrine choice to give rifles more than one.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 06:07:02 pm »

The difference being double schreks were a basic core ability that got taken away and changed into a doctrine. Where as riflemen where never able to buy zookas to begin with, now we want to make them be able to buy 2? Please tell me they can't also buy stickies with this?

I'm all for making folks want to play allies, since the perception is they suck or a boring, but lets not totally fuck up the balance of everything while we are at it.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 06:07:42 pm »

So special inf or doctrines give us double shrecks.  So make it a doctrine choice to give rifles more than one.

That was sort of the original point - its a doctrine choice that allows one at all.  No doctrine other than Infantry even gets them.

Honestly I kind of like Myst's idea of 2 zooks for 60.. maybe a tad more.  Granted I haven't had the pleasure of trying Tank Reapers out yet, but a T4 really shouldn't be factored in to deciding on base unit upgrades - even through doctrine specialization.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 06:08:41 pm »

So special inf or doctrines give us double shrecks.  So make it a doctrine choice to give rifles more than one.

It's a doctrine choise to make rifles get 1 in the first place.

I propose that a single panzerschrek be unlocked in defensive doctrine at T2, and a double bazooka for rifles in infantry at T1. To put it in equality, which Blitzen seems to want. Stormtroopers, of course, only get 1 shreck(to be equal to 2 bazookas on a ranger squad).
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »

The difference being double schreks were a basic core ability that got taken away and changed into a doctrine. Where as riflemen where never able to buy zookas to begin with, now we want to make them be able to buy 2? Please tell me they can't also buy stickies with this?

I'm all for making folks want to play allies, since the perception is they suck or a boring, but lets not totally fuck up the balance of everything while we are at it.

The difference being that literally every Axis doctrine can still get shrecks, which are still over twice as good as zooks - which only 1 Allied doctrine can get...  and there are yet another 3 Axis doctrines which can still get double shrecks...  and all Axis tanks can get skirts, which mitigate the effect of zooks even further - with no such equivalent upgrade on Allies at all.

There's such a huge gap in manpacked AT, you could GIVE a zook for free with every sticky and it wouldn't make a dent in that gap.

But yes, you CAN buy a zook and a sticky - if you think investing 130 munitions in a rifle squad is a good idea.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 06:13:36 pm »

Of course it is, because riflemen are reknown for their survivability!
Oh, wait.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 06:26:30 pm »

2 zooks at 60 is ridiculous, there is almost no reason to even get stickies at that rate, and yes doctrine combinations should always be taken into consideration since folks will almost always min/max their choices based on company build.

Why no one seems to remember how much a schreck costs (120mun) is beyond me, basically at this price you can buy 4 zooks for the same cost. Give me a break.

The platform arguments are utter fail, if that was the case then my 4 man gren squad which gets decimated by a sherman should have it's shrek cost reduced. Puting 120 mun on them is bad for axis right? And when we put 240 mun into them with 2 schrecks, man that's a terrible idea right? You can't have the argument both ways.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 07:22:50 pm »

60 mu for 2 zooks is a bit low imo, I'd still go for at least 2 zooks for 80 mu on rifles, because Rangers are just more cost effective and plain better than rifles, hell I can fire them up and out of nasty situations, where I would be forced to just retreat the whole squad.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 07:32:59 pm »

why must every allied unit be able to fight everything at once?  They took away double shrecks, which are part of coh.  So be happy with one damn zook, this is retarded.
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 07:37:14 pm »

i kept my rifles the whole game, until someone decided to vet hunt them on retreat.....
i guess its the way you use them...

fuck off...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc