Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 12:30:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angry Stomp 2: Vengeance  (Read 5211 times)
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 11, 2009, 10:20:06 am »

Mukip and Nijo vs Smokaz and Elitegrenadier

The allies attack Nuenen.   The axis are well dug in with support weapons.  Smokaz reduced to sputtering muddled explanations. 

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahc4025/n/omnomnom_zip
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:20:53 am »

You beat Smokaz and Elitegren? On their axis accounts?  Shocked
Wehrmacht is OP I forgot Tongue

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:26:50 am »

Our teamwork has been bad the last weeks. Embarrassed

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:27:15 am »

well played

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:31:36 am »

I like the use of airborne; devastating. You both played really well with your infantry, showcasing why the allied grenade is so, so good.

Also a good use of tanks, using them to support your infantry, vs using them solely as line breakers I think you used the Sherman strengths very well.

Axis made mistakes for sure, overall though I think you guys just simply had the right counters and outplayed them, other allies should watch and learn from this game.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:35:59 pm »

There's really a lack of anger in this thread ...

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 01:43:25 pm »

There's really a lack of anger in this thread ...
AUFDSAGHFDSAFSDA I HATE YOU FOR MENTIONING IT!
...otherwise, good game, here.

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 02:02:32 pm »

Stomp #3:  Mysthalin's Fury

http://rapidshare.com/files/254689314/4p_church.2009-07-11.20-57-13.zip.html
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 02:09:27 pm »

Watch Stomp 3, and you will witness the impossible :

*Drumroll*

COST EFFECTIVE CHURCHILS!

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 02:13:13 pm »

Watch Stomp 3, and you will witness the impossible :

*Drumroll*

COST EFFECTIVE CHURCHILS!

Don't need to see the replay for that Wink

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 02:14:54 pm »

I meant cost effective churchils in a game that's not a horrible stomping of poor axis newbs that have all 25 popcap callins, and 2 shreks in their entire company.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 02:34:40 pm »

Why any anger, when it's just flukes? I dont have anything worth mentioning of vet in my company vs mysthalins 10~ squads of vet 3 bren tommies and sappers, mudkips vet 3 ab blob, I dont have any offmaps versus 2 strafes and 2 bombing runs, I have a bunch of "super OP" HR p4's that get raped by oversupplied bren carriers.

Elitegrenadier doesnt have a microphone, doesnt say a word in the two games we have lost, starts first in R mode and gets raped by gimmick starts. When there were no such handicaps (cannonball game) they got decimated because they blob and spam against good players, but when elitegren goes mute monk on me and gets trashed, I cant do magic.

I've talked to Gren about his tinybit of anti inf/tinybit of at type of callins, and its some kind of sickness he has contracted from playing too much with Pauli. That said Im getting more and more upset with the bren carriers having faced it more lately as axis, and its also annoying to see other people oversupplying carrier type of units because they ressurect for free now, something Salan warned me was a bug abuse in PM over vent.

I'm gonna try sending ostwinds and upgunned pumas against brens from now on, as they might have more going for them than the sluggy, crappy p4s. Honestly how people micro these things agressively other than backing up eternally is a mystery for me, even the sherman seems sleek and agile in comparison.

Also: Not scouting when you are defensive with MI, not even sending a bike or something to check out what's up against a one-dimensional player like mysthalin (rock scissor paper) is just a newbie mistake, I will not accept blame for these games. (thought i'll give my opponents credit for having a lot of good moments).

Btw, I think its about time that both storms, paks and Sapper squads have their prerequisites for enabling cloak looked at, when you can cloak behind your own bren carrier wreck to get off new salvoes something is wrong (in open sight with stuff shooting).

Oh and single lmg squads are for clowns, smokaz out
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:39:02 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 02:42:49 pm »

I meant cost effective churchils in a game that's not a horrible stomping of poor axis newbs that have all 25 popcap callins, and 2 shreks in their entire company.

Yeah i know.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 03:02:25 pm »

10~ squads of vet 3 bren tommies and sappers
My current army is composed of 1 vet 3 and 2 vet 2 tommies, zero vetted sappers.
Max ever was 3 vet 3s, 2 vet 2s for the tommies, 2 vet 3s on sappers.

oversupplied bren carriers.

Please do not dish filth on me if you have nothing to back it up with. Ask unknown, salan, any dev to check my profile - they will confirm my army uses only as much bren carriers as I am allowed in reserve. Actualy, not a single one of my units is oversupplied, and I do not spend a SINGLE PP in my company.

I dont have any offmaps versus 2 strafes and 2 bombing runs
I have zero offmaps as well. You at least have access to Precision Strike. I don't even get that.
I also have 3 abilities that buff my units that actualy work :
1. Holding the Line - tommies 10 percent harder to hit in cover.
2. Desert Rats - Tanks 10 percent more accurate when stationary.
3. Bombardiers - AVRE recharge time 25 less, health buffed by 20 percent.

elitegren goes mute monk on me and gets trashed, I cant do magic.
Pretty much what happened to mukip in that game vs you and potter. Just that I couldn't hear him either, and I was semi-afk the whole game due to real life things.

one-dimensional player like mysthalin (rock scissor paper)
Watch the replay. You will notice that I only called out my units long after elitgren had been on the field, I saw all of his units, and I had weighted the pro's and cons behind using infantry or light vehicles to take him out. In fact, I only called out 2 light vehicles, and an infantry platoon. The infantry were hugely not needed, to be honest. In a game that I do not have a recon run telling me what the enemy brings, I usualy go in with a balanced starting platoon.

On a side-note, seeing as my infantry micro is rather... underdevelopped compared to my vehicle micro, it is just common sense for me to try and use my vehicles for as long as I can, and to get as many fuel advantages as I can to max out on armor. Admit, however, that my army is no heavier on vehicles than that of other allied players. In fact, you will find that a lot of players have even more vehicles in their companies - buying M10s, crocodiles, M18s - fuel-cheap tanks. I despise support spam, so I do not use it, either.

Btw, I think its about time that both storms, paks and Sapper squads have their prerequisites for enabling cloak looked at, when you can cloak behind your own bren carrier wreck to get off new salvoes something is wrong (in open sight with stuff shooting).

Fine, make stormies only cloak in cover, on a cooldown, with uncloaking if you turn more than 15 degrees, as well.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 03:06:02 pm »

Also I only have 3 vet 3 AB now and 2 of them didn't take part in the last game.

The reason you don't have vet is because we've been killing much of it  Grin And I've seen your American company which has vet 3 engineers from your own bren usage (admittedly you were using them before they were buffed).  Mysthalin's company is quite gimmicky (having watched replay, gimmick meter went off the charts), but trying to play Brits conventionally is an excercise in futility and frustration so I tend to give Brits lenience on that front.  Try playing Brits normally and go up against blitz players with noob rounds. 

I agree about the Bren Carrier they are ridiculous.  All you need to do is drive in circles around the enemy taking out their P4's and PaKs as all the shreck shots miss, but I believe they are already slated for a nerf and it was game over by the time they rolled onto the field anyway.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 03:07:00 pm »

lul I agree storms whole cloak thing needs to be changed to cloaking in cover, being able to sneak a elite infantry and ninja things and then recamo and head back to your side is far too powerful tbh and don't tell me jeeps and wire lol

Rawr
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 03:09:39 pm »

I had a perfectly reasonable non-gimmick army before the latest hotfix. It used captains, didn't utilise a single bren carrier, was ever so much fun to play even with SUPPORT WEAPONS! I even used HMGs!

Then the captain suppresion nerf kicked in, the health bonus nerf kinda meant that mortars insta-own me, HMGs insta-pwn me if I try to counter-attack them... I decided I'd go back to being mobile like I've always loved to.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 04:29:14 pm »

yeah, I agree it was my fault for letting elite to play with Pauli so many times.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 09:18:25 pm »

bottom line, spam AT against mysthalin. ive repeated this observation to him many times yet failed to follow through on it, from now on I'll just do it automatically and he'll learn the limitations of his one trick ponies
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:21:14 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:41 pm »

And... you'll die to my subparly(in relation to my vehicles) microed infantry. I have 10 bren gun sections in my company - good luck fighting that off with a company purely of shreks and paks.
If the bren sections don't get you, mukip's riflemen surely will.

And actualy, you have attempted to do AT spam, and I really don't remember how well it did. As far as my memory holds, however, it affected 31st way more than it did me - and he likes to float fuel getting more infantry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc