Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:27:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commando doctrines... again  (Read 20124 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 18, 2009, 04:38:01 am »

i want a doctrine that gives me 50% reroll or more on units killed in a crashing glider.
this game i lost half my gliders due to bad luck being killed before they land:
hey! a nebel all alone, lets land a glider with 2 vet 2 amush squads there. 30 s later they land, tiger shows up BOOM SPLASH 1 retreat 1 dead
then lets land another glider all the way on our side. 30 secs later tiger attacks my firefly, glider lands exactly on firefly, firefly gets stuck tiger kills firefly and glider in one shot.
then i land a tetrach glider... dead.
and i lost some more gliders in that game, but i dont want to renember.

oh, and who dares wins has to be redone too....

edit:
and i might post this becouse im pissed off now, but it will be a good doctrine too, becouse right now the risk is way too high to land gliders behind enemy lines. with some reroll, ppl might do it more often. and now i say this, gliders die so much too becouse of the 30 secs times. a doctrine that reduces that timer will be good too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:20:12 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 04:40:39 am »

Gliders can be a death trap, i would consider either letting your units come on with other units, or only land gliders far behind your own lines.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 04:44:51 am »

Gliders can be a death trap, i would consider either letting your units come on with other units, or only land gliders far behind your own lines.

thats what i try to change: make gliders drop behind enemy lines, as it should be.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:53:42 am »

mmm thats an interesting idea actually.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 05:04:04 am »

I always used to land behind enemy lines till they all got vet 3 and i lost a couple to retarded things such as randomly landing with 0 health and a pak gunner koing them. Once their vetted it doesnt seem worth the risk dropping in behind

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 05:43:06 am »

I always used to land behind enemy lines till they all got vet 3 and i lost a couple to retarded things such as randomly landing with 0 health and a pak gunner koing them. Once their vetted it doesnt seem worth the risk dropping in behind

You should remove the T1 and T2 Smoke idea, it's a waste of ability and tier.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 05:53:31 am »

it seems commandos need another doctrine that increases piat dmg range and accuracy by 100%.
i played two games against same axis, and every time we got overrun by two vet 3 tigers and a KT.
the tigers just splashkill my whole piat squads in one shot, and my piats cant penetrate KT with german steel = useless army for me.
and now you say: yeah, dont blob infantry together, but they automatic do that, and even if i shoot like all my 14 piats in my army on them, there still doesnt happen anything to their tanks. i get a LT for some extra bonus, but Lt insta dies too.
then what? firefly with CCT? its useless. the shots on KTs front armor bounces off, and it seems KT range is ultra too right now, he just needs to move a bit towards me and im gone. this might be survivable with very much microing staying out of range of the KT, but then storms one shot kill firefly, or the tiger with his speed faster than firefly moves in 3 shot killing my firefly.

RIGHT NOW I CANT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE 2 TIGER COMANYS SUPPORTED BY KT COMPANY!
man, some people even have two KTS in their company.
the thing im gonna try now, are buttoning him and using TWO LTs. i have not much hope...
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 05:59:52 am »

You do know that german steel is not supposed to work on King Tigers Leo?
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 06:03:01 am »

Yes it is, last I checked. Though that may have gone away.

Frankly such a thing would make buying the KT tier 3 and the German Steel tier 4 totally worthless, though. Would make KT tier 3 a waste of a buy, because having both KT and German Steel non-KT tanks is pretty damn straining on your fuel at best.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 06:07:52 am »

it seems commandos need another doctrine that increases piat dmg range and accuracy by 100%.
i played two games against same axis, and every time we got overrun by two vet 3 tigers and a KT.
the tigers just splashkill my whole piat squads in one shot, and my piats cant penetrate KT with german steel = useless army for me.
and now you say: yeah, dont blob infantry together, but they automatic do that, and even if i shoot like all my 14 piats in my army on them, there still doesnt happen anything to their tanks. i get a LT for some extra bonus, but Lt insta dies too.
then what? firefly with CCT? its useless. the shots on KTs front armor bounces off, and it seems KT range is ultra too right now, he just needs to move a bit towards me and im gone. this might be survivable with very much microing staying out of range of the KT, but then storms one shot kill firefly, or the tiger with his speed faster than firefly moves in 3 shot killing my firefly.

RIGHT NOW I CANT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE 2 TIGER COMANYS SUPPORTED BY KT COMPANY!
the thing im gonna try now, are buttoning him and using TWO LTs. i have not much hope...

Mate use your 6pders and only use PIATs behind buildings.

PIATs behind buildings + brens waiting there (to get in the building and button) = win.

PIATs in the open are useless.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 06:11:42 am »

il just post what i want changed about commando doctrines:
how it is:
Royal Commando Division
Unlocks Commandos

Smoke support (Grants uses)
Commando Jeep (Available for purchase)
Behind Enemy Lines (All commandos gain 15% sight)
Emergency Exit (Commandos gain an extra use of smoke)
Weapon Teams (MG, mortar & piat commandos unlocked)

Smoke Support (Drops red flares then lays down a short smoke barrage)
Hit it Running (Commandos run at a speed of 4 after deploying for 10 seconds)
Who Dares Wins (Zeal like bonus for tommie squads)
Ultra Decryption (You are notified when a vehicle over 12 pop enters the field)
Light Armor (Tetrarch available for purchase)

Decoy Artillery (Grants 1 real and 1 fake)
RAF Overhead (Grants one use, max 2)
Glider Command (HQ Glider can be purchased and dropped, acts as a triage center, 120 munitions)
Radio Triangulators (Available for purchase)
Commando Sniper (Unlocks the unit, can also purchase smoke and demo charge)

Enigma Decoded (Grants sight into all player's spawn for the first 10 minutes of the game)
Special Training (Commando Heavy Weapons are 25% more accurate, cause 25% more suppression and get a single smoke usage)
Evasive Manoeuvres (Commandos can camouflage and move in prone position)
AT Commandos (Piat commando teams comes as 5 man squads and can camouflage in cover)
British grid (All basic infantry gain 25% extra health, 15% reduced supression)
how i want it:

t1 smoke support: change to 40% reroll on crashed gliders

t1 commando jeep: must be able to come with gliders

t2 smoke support: replace by decoy artillery

t2 hit it running: gliders land in 20 seconds instead of 30

t2 who dares wins: zeal bonus for ALL types of commandos

t2 ultra decryption: removes the repair upgrade on vehicles above 12 pop

t3 decoy artillery: change to offensive bonusses on piats

t3 RAF overhead: id like to have those recon runs together with a kind of bombing run that maybe just drops 2 bombs instead of 3

t3 glider command: all gliders become triage centers that heal quite slow

t4 AT commandos: they can cloak and move in prone instead of useless falls cloak

t4 enigma decoded: works when you want it for 15 mins

t4 special training: also dmg increase

t4 british grid: just sucks, i use almost none brit infantry. change it to giving bonusses for tetrachs making them faster and harder to hit. maybe they get the gun uprade for free?

t4 evasive manoeuvres: commandos are harder to hit while moving, and move faster

now i might have buffed absolutely everything, but everything also seems useless if you compare it to blitzkrieg assault, firestorms, german steel, longer barrels, lightning war, sector arty, etc.etc.etc.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:38:23 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 06:13:53 am »

Mate use your 6pders and only use PIATs behind buildings.

PIATs behind buildings + brens waiting there (to get in the building and button) = win.

PIATs in the open are useless.

Enough PIATs can kill heavy tanks dead. I once brought on three PIAT squads as a desperation move against a heavy tank, we managed to button it (Jagd) and nuked it from around (a little above) half health to broken gun/engine in one volley.

Also the two LTs thing won't work, they don't stack anymore. Though you oughtta know.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 06:20:45 am »

Dont change Evasive Manoeuvers!

aka UckY  Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 06:24:05 am »

amush mandos can get that ability, it suits them, theyre like stormscrecks.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 06:32:05 am »

Use evasive manouvers to get your cloaked mandos into each corner of the map then set up radio triangulation = win.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 06:34:32 am »

Use evasive manouvers to get your cloaked mandos into each corner of the map then set up radio triangulation = win.

Sure if you can spare 10 minutes until they crawled to their destination, to get suddenly uncloaked by a cloaked ketten driving by Tongue
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 06:40:14 am »

= you can see all the enemys that have killed you already at the end of the game, since this takes a hour to set up.
no, you need gliders that land behind enemy lines for this, and for that you need 20 second spawn time and 40% reroll for crashed gliders.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 05:18:15 pm »

commandos really need these upgrades, last game i had another glider crashing, two vet 3 amush squads attacking a buttoned stug but couldnt penetrate or hit it, and a vet two 3 man alive commando mortar died from a single ostwind shot.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 05:19:59 pm »

fucks sake, you can't just double commando piats range and accuracy, are you high?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 05:34:03 pm »

fucks sake, you can't just double commando piats range and accuracy, are you high?
you mean that one? when i posted that topic, i was just pissed becouse of that game where my piats couldnt do shit, and you just write stuff down, i dont mean it exactly 100%. all i want to say is that a t4 AT unit shoud be able to kill the weakest tank without a real problem, and do some decent dmg to a heavy tank when vet 3. right now my t4 cant even while theyre vet 3 kill a buttoned stug. and there were two t4 squads....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc